Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massacre missions are almost always ridiculously long and not worth taking

They also completely spam the mission board - that could be toned down a bit.

I agree with OP but will add that all missions are broken in some way and update 3 needs to be all about getting them sorted out so we have something constructive to do...

No more quick fixes F-Dev

Yeah, a lot of those missions are . I feel like, unless it's a wing mission, it shouldn't go above 15-20 per mission. They should also give better rewards.

also, the whole mission system sucks in general... it could be so much better.

Totally agree with OP and most positive responses he got so far.

Fdev, if you want combat players to quit the game entirely: keep that track record up, you're doing great.

If you want to improve this game: Put the nerf hammer down forever when it comes to Cr per hours on missions. The days of the skimmer missions and other similar "exploits" (*cough* Oversights *cough*) is over, and ironically, most players I know miss those days to be honest.

Grinding is already daunting, but not even being able to complete those mission even tho they have a 1d + timer (because of the need of multiple sessions) that is just stupid and lazy patching.

It's been over two years now since my disillusionment with this game and no sign of any turn around. Every day I read more and more reports of this sort. Broken or illogical missions, pathetic repetition for advancement, lack of persistence. Thank god for other games!

Lightbulb Massacre Mission Depot?

The OP is correct imho. Massacre Missions are pretty much not worth doing except as a secondary 'might as well' for commanders doing CZs for BGS. I wonder if turning them into a 'depot' style mission might help? Something like…

• You can only take 1 massacre mission per Minor Faction
    • When you complete the mission you'll get paid per kill
    • You can kill as many (or few) as you want but you must do a minimum of 5 or fail the mission
    • Any INF or REP component has a base kill requirement that increases at various trigger values. Eg 5 kills = REP ++, 10 kills = REP +++, 15 kills = REP ++++ etc

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Originally Posted by Wariamu View Post (Source)
    Yeah, a lot of those missions are . I feel like, unless it's a wing mission, it shouldn't go above 15-20 per mission. They should also give better rewards.

also, the whole mission system sucks in general... it could be so much better.
    Yep, this^

At this point I'd say all of the combat oriented missions need to have a QoL pass and someone who actually plays the game to give them a look. 90 ships over 2-3hrs in a CZ is not worth 8 million credits.

Originally Posted by Justinian Octavius View Post (Source)
    The OP is correct imho. Massacre Missions are pretty much not worth doing except as a secondary 'might as well' for commanders doing CZs for BGS. I wonder if turning them into a 'depot' style mission might help? Something like…

• You can only take 1 massacre mission per Minor Faction
    • When you complete the mission you'll get paid per kill
    • You can kill as many (or few) as you want but you must do a minimum of 5 or fail the mission
    • Any INF or REP component has a base kill requirement that increases at various trigger values. Eg 5 kills = REP ++, 10 kills = REP +++, 15 kills = REP ++++ etc

CMDR Justinian Octavius
    Assuming that I could get enough kills to cover my rebuy say, once every hour or two, I would definitely take these missions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12