Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massacre missions are almost always ridiculously long and not worth taking

They also completely spam the mission board - that could be toned down a bit.

I agree with OP but will add that all missions are broken in some way and update 3 needs to be all about getting them sorted out so we have something constructive to do...

No more quick fixes F-Dev

Yeah, a lot of those missions are . I feel like, unless it's a wing mission, it shouldn't go above 15-20 per mission. They should also give better rewards.

also, the whole mission system sucks in general... it could be so much better.

Totally agree with OP and most positive responses he got so far.

Fdev, if you want combat players to quit the game entirely: keep that track record up, you're doing great.

If you want to improve this game: Put the nerf hammer down forever when it comes to Cr per hours on missions. The days of the skimmer missions and other similar "exploits" (*cough* Oversights *cough*) is over, and ironically, most players I know miss those days to be honest.

Grinding is already daunting, but not even being able to complete those mission even tho they have a 1d + timer (because of the need of multiple sessions) that is just stupid and lazy patching.

It's been over two years now since my disillusionment with this game and no sign of any turn around. Every day I read more and more reports of this sort. Broken or illogical missions, pathetic repetition for advancement, lack of persistence. Thank god for other games!

Lightbulb Massacre Mission Depot?

The OP is correct imho. Massacre Missions are pretty much not worth doing except as a secondary 'might as well' for commanders doing CZs for BGS. I wonder if turning them into a 'depot' style mission might help? Something like…

• You can only take 1 massacre mission per Minor Faction
    • When you complete the mission you'll get paid per kill
    • You can kill as many (or few) as you want but you must do a minimum of 5 or fail the mission
    • Any INF or REP component has a base kill requirement that increases at various trigger values. Eg 5 kills = REP ++, 10 kills = REP +++, 15 kills = REP ++++ etc

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Originally Posted by Wariamu View Post (Source)
    Yeah, a lot of those missions are . I feel like, unless it's a wing mission, it shouldn't go above 15-20 per mission. They should also give better rewards.

also, the whole mission system sucks in general... it could be so much better.
    Yep, this^

At this point I'd say all of the combat oriented missions need to have a QoL pass and someone who actually plays the game to give them a look. 90 ships over 2-3hrs in a CZ is not worth 8 million credits.

I have to agree with the theme of this thread. 90 pirates for 7 million credits? I'd make so much off of killing 90 pirates that taking the mission for it is a joke. Not to mention they always seem to go to stars with no RES sites now, which means I'd be days at it. Oh, OH! And that's not ALL for god's sake. HALF THE SHIPS IN THE TARGET FACTION ARE NOT MISSION TARGETS! And I don't mean they're the wrong type of ships, I know a type 9 won't be considered a pirate. No, I blew up two Anacondas from the same faction. One was a mission target. One was not. I mean Really Frontier? I thought you had that fixed a year ago! When I first mentioned it for crying out loud!

Originally Posted by Robbieboy43 View Post (Source)
    I agree with OP but will add that all missions are broken in some way and update 3 needs to be all about getting them sorted out so we have something constructive to do...

No more quick fixes F-Dev
    +1

I too am sick and tired of seeing Frontier take exactly zero time to think stuff through, just throw a wildly-overcorrected patch at it and think they did the job. Time they actually PLAN some of this for a change. They've gotten really good at making new ships that don't suck, but we really do need the missions to make sense now.

Originally Posted by Justinian Octavius View Post (Source)
    The OP is correct imho. Massacre Missions are pretty much not worth doing except as a secondary 'might as well' for commanders doing CZs for BGS. I wonder if turning them into a 'depot' style mission might help? Something like…

• You can only take 1 massacre mission per Minor Faction
    • When you complete the mission you'll get paid per kill
    • You can kill as many (or few) as you want but you must do a minimum of 5 or fail the mission
    • Any INF or REP component has a base kill requirement that increases at various trigger values. Eg 5 kills = REP ++, 10 kills = REP +++, 15 kills = REP ++++ etc

CMDR Justinian Octavius
    Assuming that I could get enough kills to cover my rebuy say, once every hour or two, I would definitely take these missions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12