Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Black Riband Rebooted

Added the Cobra Challenge Cup leaderboard to the original post:

COBRA CHALLENGE CUP STANDINGS - 21:00 UTC 18-JUL-3304

EDIT: Also added the Spa Trophy leaderboard - for any crazies out there.

I'm gonna try for the bootlegger express by the end of the week in my Type-6 the Working Man. Just gonna trade my way over to weyl first.

Originally Posted by Adipose2112 View Post (Source)
    I'm gonna try for the bootlegger express by the end of the week in my Type-6 the Working Man. Just gonna trade my way over to weyl first.
    Excellent, good luck Adipose - welcome to the BRC.

I recommend having a practice of the installation tunnel sections before making a full run. It's by far the most challenging part - shields are definitely recommended!

I'd love to see a Type-6 holding the Black Riband - and it's nice to see someone lining up to take the Lucky Lakon Trophy before Bruski gets his paws on it.

Edit - oops, sorry I misread your post (my eyes aren't what they used to be!). Good luck with the Bootlegger Express (still take care in the tunnels!)

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    Excellent, good luck Adipose - welcome to the BRC.

I recommend having a practice of the installation tunnel sections before making a full run. It's by far the most challenging part - shields are definitely recommended!

I'd love to see a Type-6 holding the Black Riband - and it's nice to see someone lining up to take the Lucky Lakon Trophy before Bruski gets his paws on it.

Edit - oops, sorry I misread your post (my eyes aren't what they used to be!). Good luck with the Bootlegger Express (still take care in the tunnels!)
    I will, and yeah, I'm doing a bootlegger express as a warm-up of sorts, as I want to get comfortable with tunnel runs and smuggling before I attempt a full Riband.

Regarding tunnels, I am ditching weapons in the name of weight, but I am not crazy enough to ditch shields. I hope to get in a practice on that today.

Tried a tunnel run a few times, twice with stuff in my cargo hold. first time I got blown up, the second time I barely escaped because I used the tunnels and a blind spot in the flight pattern to get out, but I think I have a plan that will at very least give me the least likely chance of losing a load of money at once. I can stave off interdictions, especially in a type 6, it's getting attacked at the tunnels (not to mention the ace combat flashbacks) I have to worry about, so I'm going to hit my 4 additional points on my way to Bast, unload the 8 tons of illicit goods there, do the tunnel runs, then head back to Bast to buy a bunch of bast snake oil and head back to the start. still finalizing the route and doing dry runs with cheap legal non-rare goods to help figure it out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234