Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: One week since FD has replied to anything in the Mining focused feedback. Do they care?

If anyone thinks that focused feedback sections are anything more than a cheap PR way to pretend that they hear the community then.. i feel sorry for you. They may read everything but they never change major development lines and they never honor the public opinion, concerning big changes.
    The only way they make a decision to change something major that was asked by the community, is when that decision was allready made by them in the first place.

This is all part of their new commitment to better communication. You know, that commitment they made just prior to the expo last year? I wouldn't blame you for having forgotten, as it seems FDev have as well.

Focused Feedback Forums. The very definition of "not-fit-for-purpose", as it exploits the very design approach that needs a focused feedback.

It will be interesting to see if anything that isn't paper thin, a quick fix and obfuscates the very thing it purports to fix, gets implemented before Christmas.

Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    Christmas is coming.
    It's been a pretty warm winter

Originally Posted by crushdepth View Post (Source)
    It's been a pretty warm winter

Chuckle, indeed.

But Santa has a huge sack.

I guess we'll see if it contains a couple of massive baubles.

Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    They have; they asked. People can answer.
    Actually, before I could give anymore feedback, I asked a couple of questions in the 'detail request' section. That is supposed to be a place to ask questions that is not having any answers, that said, I can't provide any kind of feedback unless I know what I can provide it about.

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    It has been a whole week since FD has deigned to reply to anything in the Mining focused feedback.

A total of 5 replies to any of the feedback. No comments at all in any of the detail discussion threads.

There are plenty of questions unanswered. Many gaps in our understanding of the new mechanics. So feedback, as usual, turns into a wild brainstorming session (not always a bad thing mind). But it's often hardly focused on the new mechanics.

Are FD at all interested in our feedback on this?
    Don't feel bad! Aren't we still waiting for word on the PP only focused feedback?

Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    Chuckle, indeed.

But Santa has a huge sack.

I guess we'll see if it contains a couple of massive baubles.
    How do you know the size of...

Oh, you meant the planned Beyond changes for Q4, never mind.

It's been seven hours and fifteen days...

*tear rolls down face*

Originally Posted by Sylveria View Post (Source)
    How do you know the size of...

Oh, you meant the planned Beyond changes for Q4, never mind.

Indeed.

Amongst a great many other things.

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    Actually, before I could give anymore feedback, I asked a couple of questions in the 'detail request' section. That is supposed to be a place to ask questions that is not having any answers, that said, I can't provide any kind of feedback unless I know what I can provide it about.
    This is exactly my point. A total of 4 replies to 100 questions.

FD have definitely dropped the ball on this. Granted, they are a tad fumble fingered with this sort of thing.

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    It's been seven hours and fifteen days...

*tear rolls down face*

Actually, it has.

Damn, now that song is stuck in my head.

Thanks

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    I never said it was actually sane to be fair. Just that they asked. And people can answer.

Essentially Frontier have taken the odd approach of saying "We are thinking of pizza." and then inviting feedback. The comment has some context but is woefully short on detail; no-one can really respond to that adequately because it's not really a question so much as a statement of intent and people should prepare for pizza.

What really doesn't help is saying "We are thinking of pizza.", inviting feedback and then not actually providing pizza after all which just stresses people for no good reason. Sometimes the course of action is to say a thing, then do that thing so there's some consistency in delivery and then seek ways to potentially improve the thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234