Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier websites seem to be triggering Malware bytes constantly

Frontier websites seem to be triggering Malware bytes constantly

Frontier websites seem to be triggering Malware bytes constantly

i.e,

If I visit:
    https://www.frontierstore.net/game-e...me-extras.html

I get the following popup numerous times:

Also, the certificate is missing, or something:

The forum uses the same authority starfield, but is ok.
    But, its only when I visit frontier's store pages and no other website, so... it seems to be something specific to the store.

Seems to be fixed now, no longer triggering anything and the certificate is showing as expected.
    I guess it was an issue @ Starfield.

Originally Posted by FX2K View Post (Source)
    Seems to be fixed now, no longer triggering anything and the certificate is showing as expected.
    I guess it was an issue @ Starfield.
    Nope NOT fixed I'm still getting the same Malwarebyte block and warning EVERY page I open on the forum.

Originally Posted by hems303 View Post (Source)
    Nope NOT fixed I'm still getting the same Malwarebyte block and warning EVERY page I open on the forum.
    Bizarre. It's been ok for me for the last 30 mins or so. Well, at least it's not just me reporting an issue.

Your "security" software of choice is blocking access to the mechanism by which a browser determines revoked certificates (the CRL of the certificate issuer). I would recommend against using such software.

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Your "security" software of choice is blocking access to the mechanism by which a browser determines revoked certificates (the CRL of the certificate issuer). I would recommend against using such software.
    Well... I am well aware of what is happening and purely posted to inform Frontier, in case there was an actual issue and not for community support. If they don't know, they can't investigate... and I am not the only one on the planet using Malware Bytes... so it could look bad for them.

I have never seen the same issue before, ever, on many many secure websites, nor using my own TLS certificates etc.
    I considered that It might have also been related to various certificates becoming untrusted (by google, i'm using Chrome)... although those are Symantec ones. So probably not.

Anyway, just bringing it up... but I am not stopping using Malware Bytes because one website is suffering an issue, that for all I know, may indeed be a legitimate problem. If it suddenly stops working on ones I know are good (my own) then I may.

Edit: Also the fact that it started working, broken again and is now all back to normal again... tells me their is / was a problem somewhere down the line... Funny thing is, Starfieldtech.com was being blocked too... but today, all is fine.
    Malware bytes was not blocking it for nothing and has not been updated or changed during this.

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    I asked our web / IT team about this, and we did not find any faults with what was reported. It would appear that it is a false positive with Malwarebytes.

I use malware bytes and I get no issues from the frontier sites.

It's a false positive from Malwarebytes. Encountered it on multiple client computers regardless of website being browsed.

Originally Posted by StuartGT View Post (Source)
    It's a false positive from Malwarebytes. Encountered it on multiple client computers regardless of website being browsed.
    False positive or not; Malwarebytes is a fantastic bit of kit that rarely causes problems. My problems noted above have resolved so whatever the problem was behind the scenes, has now been addressed.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    I asked our web / IT team about this, and we did not find any faults with what was reported. It would appear that it is a false positive with Malwarebytes.
    I think it was more like a temporarily problem with the certificate provider, perhaps. I visited their home page and got the same message ( on the 4th) but no other website had issues.
    Like I said, it started working as expected... and since my last post has been working okay, including the certificate providers.. if it was a false positive, then I would still be getting notifications, but it has been fine yesterday and today.

A temporary glitch is IMO better than a false positive... a false positive means a lot of people may be seeing it constantly until the security system updates / something gets white-listed etc. A pita sometimes. But a temporary issue, say network error / hardware error... then it should be okay again for everybody

Just an FYI too, As far as I am aware, no updates on my system have occurred from then up until today. but of course, I understand false positives too, they do happen its just strange how it only happened on your website (and starfieldtech) and no other secure websites I have visited.. ever in fact.

Just wanted to bring it to light, that's all.. just in case

All is good again Fly Safe Commander's