Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Attack on Penal Colony BV 2259 (SRV vs. Thargoid)

Attack on Penal Colony BV 2259 (SRV vs. Thargoid)

Captains log
    Date: 05.07.3304
    Location: Penal Colony BV 2259, planet AB 1 A in the HIP 16217 system
    Time: early

I arrive at the Penal Colony at around 4:30am to discover a disturbing scene, it seems they have unexpected company!

I land on the colony's pad to better asses the situation.

Yup, OK - clearly what I need to do here is to try and land my SRV on top of the alien vessel and attempt to communicate with them.

Hmm, that did not go as planned. I drive into the compound and try to get the colony's defence systems back online.

Bingo!

That's more like it. Let 'em have it boys!

I attempt to lend a hand but alas the SRV's Dual Repeaters prove ineffective.

(and don't even ask how I'm managing to cling on to a vertical wall ... it's a mystery to me too!)

OK, perhaps I should man one of the turrets!

Yeah baby, suck on this!

Ouch! that one was close. I decide to retreat to a safe distance and reassess.

OK, back to plan A I reckon ... attempt to land my SRV on top of the alien vessel and make them eat my rubber.

Drat! Oh well, at least I survived to fight another day!

haha, awesome fun. Gonna have to try that Thargy piggy back malarky!

Awesome little story !

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    An epic tale that we will tell around the campfires for centuries to come.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Captains log
    Date: 05.07.3304
    Location: Penal Colony BV 2259, planet AB 1 A in the HIP 16217 system
    Time: early

I arrive at the Penal Colony at around 4:30am to discover a disturbing scene, it seems they have unwanted company!

I land on the colony's pad to better asses the situation.

Yup, OK - clearly what I need to do here is to try and land my SRV on top of the alien vessel and attempt to communicate with them.

Hmm, that did not go as planned. I drive into the compound and try to get the colony's defence systems back online.

Bingo!

That's more like it. Let 'em have it boys!

I attempt to lend a hand but alas the Dual Repeaters prove ineffective.

(and don't even ask how I'm managing to cling on to a vertical wall ... it's a mystery to me too!)

OK, perhaps I should man one of the turrets!

Yeah baby, suck on this!

Ouch! that one was close. I decide to retreat to a safe distance and reassess.

OK, back to plan A I reckon ... attempt to land my SRV on top of the alien vessel and make them eat my rubber.

Drat! Oh well, at least I survived to fight another day!

This is doing Elite and the forums right. +1

<old prospector voice>
    Sitting on an Earth-like, 23,500 ly from Sol, just after sunset by a campfire, the old prospector poured himself a cup of coffee, then one for the visitor who joined him for the evening.

"Yup, the old days weren't like this." he said with a voice like gravel. "We used to fly among the stars, like you youngins'." He pondered a bit. "Then those bugs came." He looked into his coffee cup, it's black color reflecting his thoughts blacker than night. "First they came where we wanted to explore. Then they came for our worlds." He paused to reflect, collecting his thoughts. "Then they came for our women." The visitor looked at him, astonished. "Oh, not for the usual reproduction things." the prospector continued. "Worse than that. Something about how certain wasps use a spider's body for their larva."

The visitor sipped his own coffee for a moment, looked up at the night sky. "Was anyone able to do ANYTHING about them?" he asked.

The prospector turned to one side and spat in disgust. "We might have been able to stop them." he replied. "If only we had more commanders like Turner." He sighed, looked up at the stars. "If only we had more of them."

Bookmarked so I'm reminded to watch the Videos when I get Access to Youtube

Clearly, you need to dirty drive 5 your SRV thrusters.

Originally Posted by Abil Midena View Post (Source)
    Clearly, you need to dirty drive 5 your SRV thrusters.
    Oh man, wouldn't that be awesome. Or maybe a G5 engine focused power distributor?

Come on FD, SRV engineering!

Excellent. Im out of rep for you so, +1.

Thargoids have not accounted for SRVs in their invasion plans ! This could be their undoing

I too need to reload my rep for you.

Brilliant

This forum is a better place for you posting in it Alec, nice one

You are teh awesome, as always. Hey, that dates me, but not far enough back.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast