Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your simpits!

Great setups you people!

I build a desk based "simpit" last year with monstertech mount clones and a triple monitor:

Since we might do away with our desks over time though, the goalpost has moved again and I'm trying do build my own incarnation of the sim chest, which may occupy an unused corner in the living room. The "pedal pit" was already disassembled and the parts will go into the new rig's skeleton. I'm curently testing out the dimensions and figuring out how to make the wheel fold in, trying to come up with ideas as I go along. The chair is a backseat from a Ford S-Max and folds in nicely.

The dimensions have already grown from what it initially should've been, unfortunately. But if everything goes well, it'll have exchangable racing/flying hardware as well.

[QUOTE=BurnyBurns;6855256]Great setups you people
    I'm curently testing out the dimensions and figuring out how to make the wheel fold in, trying to come up with ideas as I go along. The chair is a backseat from a Ford S-Max and folds in nicely.
    Perhaps a pivot to allow the steering wheel and frame to move up through 90 degrees?

Nice stuff!
    After an ongoing extensive kitchen revamp, I've got the buy-in to make a man-corner, and ascend from a monitor peasant to a VR master in Q4.

I'm not planning to swap to HOTAS quite yet, will try to remain KB+M even in VR.

Originally Posted by DD_Crash View Post (Source)
    Perhaps a pivot to allow the steering wheel and frame to move up through 90 degrees?
    Yeah, pretty much. But the initial idea turned out far too convoluted, Joystick fixation would've been an issue and it'd have required quite a lot of cutting given the available extrusions. Which I want to avoid mostly, just like buying additional extrusions. After a lot of fooling around with the available pieces today, it seems this is a much leaner solution - based on all the pieces provided by the previous "pedal pit":

Fixation is an open topic, but something will work out:

Originally Posted by Viking84 View Post (Source)
    I presume I'm not the only one mad enough to build a home cockpit for myself - lets get a thread going with all the different sim-pits around! Basic requirement to count as a sim-pit is some form of mounting for your input devices. Less than that and I'm afraid it still just counts as a desk

To start things off here is my setup, with the following specs:

Left hand Virpil MT-50 grip
    Brunner CLS-E base
    2 x Saitek Throttle quadrants
    MFG Crosswind pedals
    Custom Button Box
    Monstertech Sim-Rig (+ customisations)
    BMW M-Sport seat
    Philips 40" 4k 60hz - BDM4037UW
    Oculus Rift

Currently a dk2, xbox controller, what else do you want?

My SimPit so far

o7 to all CMDRs!

This is what I have so far, is going to be a 180 degrees curved screen inspired by the Avenger 180 from SimPit. Though this one is all made from scratch by my self. I would very much appreciate your opinions and speccially regarding the naming of the project, since believe it or not I'm stucked in this step XD. So I've created a small survey that I would like to share with you guys in order to collect your opinions about the naming. here is the link to the survey. Please I would appreciate it a lot.

Anyways guys, I leave you with a hint of the project, and hope you like it. Cheers!

Originally Posted by CmdrWatchyour6 View Post (Source)
    I would very much appreciate your opinions and speccially regarding the naming of the project, since believe it or not I'm stucked in this step XD.
    How about "When-can-we-come-over-and-try-it?"

I've drooled at the 180 projector setups for a while. But due to space and price restrictions it's wholly out of question. Good luck with the build! It looks great so far.

Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    How about "When-can-we-come-over-and-try-it?"

I've drooled at the 180 projector setups for a while. But due to space and price restrictions it's wholly out of question. Good luck with the build! It looks great so far.
    THX a lot CMDR! I will keep it posted. Today I just finished the part that attatch the Projectors to the arms. Maybe I can do some testings this weekend.

Looks interesting CmdrWatchyour6

If you want I would suggest creating a separate build thread.

While at the royal international air tattoo last Sunday during the epic Red Arrows display...

.I became completely distracted when I suddenly noticed I was next to a Thrustmaster (tent/exhibit/demo). After the arrows I rushed in and found out about this company.

That warthog controller is amazing btw!!

Well I know this isn't a SimPit (per se) however... I give you The Command Chair

Complete with 4x Dayton Audio Bass Shakers, 20W Stereo Amp, Logitech x56, Logitech Pro Flight Pedals and an Oculus Rift CV1.

However, V2 is in the works as this chair will be arriving tomorrow:

Let the innovation games begin!!!

A few new arrivals, updated my first post : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6845600

Update included in the spoiler as well.

Small update to the pit.
    First the new pedals arrived after almost a three month wait and I ordered them in April.
    What can I say. Worth it.

And finally the CH throttle's resolution is a little low compared to the rest now, and having taken up to flying Huey's in DCS I felt the need to try something more precise.

This I can however return if I don't like, well I do like it, but I suspect I would like a Virpil better...
    I'm keeping the CH throttle plugged in for ED

Nothing beats Elite in VR with motion.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  149.6 KB

Originally Posted by Captain Sharky View Post (Source)
    Nothing beats Elite in VR with motion.
    Mh. Actual flight sims or racing sims in motion would beat it out for me. Which motion platform is that? Cost? Is there a corny action cam video of you playing Elite on it? If so, I'd like to see it. ^^

In the meantime, I stripped out the hardware from the makeshift build and moved the skelton into the garage for cutting the pieces that need to be cut:

First thing I'll have to figure out is how to fix the wheel arm to the horizontal beam. Will need to shape some pieces of wood, since the hooks I'll be using cannot be attached to the extrusions directly, which I had hoped they would. Then the joystick mount will need a solution. Finally, everything will be wrapped in something that'll hopefully resemble a chest.

Outside measures when folded in will be approx. l*w*h: 145 * 72 * 75

Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    Mh. Actual flight sims or racing sims in motion would beat it out for me. Which motion platform is that? Cost? Is there a corny action cam video of you playing Elite on it? If so, I'd like to see it. ^^
    It's simple DIY 2DOF motion platform, based on arduino controller, truck wiper motors and simtools software. You can find extensive building intructions on xsimulator.net. Only problematic part is frame itself, you can order one from some garage factory, just as I did. All parts will total at about 700$ this way, more if you want fancy "racing" chair. Completed one usually cost twice as much.

Video of my setup can be found here: https://vk.com/video261000003_456239023

Or just google 2dof Elite, there is lot of such simpits around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast