View Entry Info: Thargoid scout USS not spawning

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Thargoid scout USS not spawning

Thargoid scout USS not spawning

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    9:21 CST

Date of occurrence
    05/07/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Commander Name
    BDelacroix

Description
    Collected some Eliminate Thargoid Scout missions then proceeded to the destination system(s). Scanned the beacon as well as the advanced scan. Hung around the indicated body for 30 minutes at each location. Never had a signal source spawn that contained scouts.

Steps to Reproduce
    Go to the Vanguard in Deciat.

Collect kill scout missions.

Go to the indicated system, scan, beacon scan.

Hang around in super cruise and read internet articles because they signal sources with scouts will never appear.

Additional files?

"Destroy the Thargoid Scout Threat" Missions from Acropolis not spawning signal sources at all

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    23:00 EST

Date of occurrence
    07/05/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Alliance Challenger

Commander Name
    Lonsler

Description
    The Thargoid Scout kill missions offered from the Acropolis do not spawn any mission specific signal sources at all, and there are no generic NHSSs in system. The primary star was the target body, and I flew all around at various speeds for over an hour. No missions spawns at all. Spent abou 20 mins at 30.0kms about 2.5LS from Yu Di Yi A and no mission signals spawned ever.

My friend in voice comms took missions as well (we were not winged), none of his Destroy Scout missions spawned, and he got a few of his Destroy Thargoid Cyclops missions to spawn mission signals, but one was a Basilisk, and the other two were both Medusas. He quit after about 45 minutes.

Steps to Reproduce
    Take Destroy Thargoid Scout missions from the Acropolis in Yembo.

Additional files?

I am having same problem

In Deciet, I have two missions from vanguard megaship, to go to a system and kill 4 thargoid scouts. When i get to those systems there are no non-human signal sources that spawn.
    The systems are HIP 36160 and Cennicenino. I have tried scanning the nav beacon in both and I have left the systems multiple times and returned and nothing spawns.

I am having the same problem with DJIWAL. I have been crusing around for about 2 hours. I have jump into convoys, weapons fire, after battle, etc hoping that a scout would jump in with me.

Moderators: I didn't see this post before opening my own thread. Sorry.

This bug is quite heartbreaking. Last patch we couldn't fight thargoids because of interceptors not spawning. Now scout USS don't spawn. Grumble grumble guess I'll fly back home again.

Maybe a beta would make sense to test things before releasing more bugs FD? Players seem to get frustrated, is that by design?

Thargoids are in Tembala and Nogambe this week. Don't trust AEGIS and their missions, they're clearly trying to sabotage the effort of independent pilots. OR their schedule is, as usual, 1 week behind the Thargoid's.

Same here - but it's a good thing they are spending their time (nerfing) fixing wing cargo mission payouts.

Vanguard Thargoid Scout kill mission bug

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    15:16 GMT

Date of occurrence
    12/07/2018

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    FDL

Commander Name
    Dunkz17

Description
    Picked up a Thargoid Scout kill mission from Vanguard, went to the relevant system, scanned the Nav Beacon for target location, which turned out to be the star in the system. Couldn't find any mission target signal sources when flying around the sun (presumably because the mission sources spawn very close to the target body and I can't fly my ship close enough?)

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Take Thargoid Scout kill mission from Vangaurd
    2. It needs to be one where the mission targets spawn location is the star in the target system (this is random I guess, can't specify this when picking up the mission)
    3. fly around the star trying to find mission signal sources *FAIL*

Additional files?

10. This is the last staff post in this thread. #10
    Hey Lonsle,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Have you had this issue since the 3.1.2 update?

Any additional information would be much appreciated.

fyi I THINK I experienced MY bug post 3.1.2 update, as I think I only picked up the mission on 11/07/2018 in the afternoon or evening (cant remember when 3.1.2. went up) - although my bug could be different to Lonsle, if my bug is because the mission target body is the star in the system?

Second bug, related to Vanguard.... I completed a Vanguard mission to kill an interceptor, but Vanguard travelled to another system before I could hand the mission in. The mission directs me to Vanguard, in Deciat, to hand the mission in, but Vanguard is now in HIP 44811 ! I have been to Vanguard in HIP 44811 and Deciat and cannot hand the mission in!

This has been an issue since The new variations of scouts were implemented.
    Thargoid interceptor missions are fine its just the scout missions.
    All Scout missions say they're at the sun. Orbit'd the sun for an hour and no missions popped

Edit: Getting regular threat level 4 nhss's in systems surrounding the acropolis system while pirate hunting
    Will check back in if they count towards mission targets....

Im having the exact same issue, i have 3.1.2 installed and the destroy thargoid scout missions just dont work, on neither the rescue ship, nor the acropolis, ive tryed several all with the same problem, they just point to the main star of requested system and never appear. Please guys fix this, people are complaining forever on this issues, also problems with catching interceptor hearts that dont register :P

These Thargoid missions are a complete joke. Scout missions that don't spawn mission signals, Cyclops missions that spawned basilisks. Completed missions that can't be handed in because the megaship changed location.
    FDev, you need to have a team meeting to talk about how to properly implement things in your game. I have wasted hours of my time on this broken game mechanic. Awful experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast