Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Are You Satisfied with the Game in its Current State?

Originally Posted by b3331 View Post (Source)
    But there will be someone to blame if this games downward spiral is not mitigated within the next 8-10 days.
    Maybe guys at Frontier can’t help but sink into World Cup mode?

If that’s the case, never mind. I wish England to win so they can get back to work next week fully energized!!

Originally Posted by b3331 View Post (Source)
    On steam, this game just hit a record low peak of 6,782 players in a 24 hour period, opinions and polls on the forum may vary, but unbiased user statistics never lie.
    In all honestly, no one is to blame for the way things have gone with this "could-have-been gold mine" of a game.
    But there will be someone to blame if this games downward spiral is not mitigated within the next 8-10 days.
    Difficult to judge a game this time of year, it's quite a summer in the northern hemisphere currently. People have discovered outside again perhaps?

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    It makes no sense at all no matter what. 63% of the people polled (at the time) are unhappy with the game in it's current state but 51% think it was worth the price. Again it makes no sense. I think the issue is this polls sample size is too small to get an accurate and sensible feel for how people think of the game. I think a larger sample size would help. Cause right now this poll is a total mess.

If I was unhappy with a game I wouldn't think it's worth the price. A bad game is a bad game no matter how much time was invested in it. Of course this isn't a bad game. It's a good game. I think the reason why so many people answered no to the first is because they had unrealistic expectations and were expecting things Frontier never promised. While someone like myself did get involved in the pre-release YouTube speculation I kept my expectations realistic. I was hyped for the game but not for the things Youtubers were saying might be in the game. I answered yes to both questions.
    I have to agree that peoples responses don't make a lot of sense to me either. I figured if Q1 was a no then Q2 would probably be a no too, but obviously people have different opinions than myself. There are people who think this game is good and people who think this game is bad. That is the point of the poll, to find out what people think. The neat thing about opinions is that everyone has their own and none are "right" or "wrong" even if they differ from your own and I think it would be wise for you to realize the same thing.

Originally Posted by zmego View Post (Source)
    I have to agree that peoples responses don't make a lot of sense to me either. I figured if Q1 was a no then Q2 would probably be a no too, but obviously people have different opinions than myself. There are people who think this game is good and people who think this game is bad. That is the point of the poll, to find out what people think. The neat thing about opinions is that everyone has their own and none are "right" or "wrong" even if they differ from your own and I think it would be wise for you to realize the same thing.
    No it doesn't make any sense at all. 63% aren't happy with the game in it's current state and 51% think it's worth the asking price. That doesn't add up in the slightest way. How can you be unhappy with a game in it's current state but think the asking price is fine?

I think your little poll is severely flawed. I think one of the flaws is the sample size. The other flaw is that it's obvious people just want to whine and complain about the game. But deep down they know it's a good game and not the huge disappointment some want to make it out to be. They just want to whinge cause the game wasn't crafted to their personal expectations. But I think it's mostly the sample size. Cause I talk to other people about the game and they enjoy it. If an actual poll was done with a large sample size I think you would see vastly different results and they wouldn't be the ones displayed here.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    No it doesn't make any sense at all. 63% aren't happy with the game in it's current state and 51% think it's worth the asking price. That doesn't add up in the slightest way. How can you be unhappy with a game in it's current state but think the asking price is fine?

I think your little poll is severely flawed. I think one of the flaws is the sample size. The other flaw is that it's obvious people just want to whine and complain about the game. But deep down they know it's a good game and not the huge disappointment some want to make it out to be. They just want to whinge cause the game wasn't crafted to their personal expectations. But I think it's mostly the sample size. Cause I talk to other people about the game and they enjoy it. If an actual poll was done with a large sample size I think you would see vastly different results and they wouldn't be the ones displayed here.
    The current data makes sense to me. It wasn't what I expected, but here's how I make sense of it. Question 1: Does satisfaction imply no further additions are needed or would the game greatly benefit from expanded content? Even for people who love the game like me I gotta go with "No": "Yes" would look better for the game and I think it's clear OP is trying to get his salt validated, but honestly as many have already said this game is good but more is needed to be truely great. On the flip side of that is Question 2: This game is unquestionably worth the cost. It's a good game and the standard price of mainstream games for as long as I've lived has been $60(US) despite the fact that the cost of development as dramatically increased and even keeping up with inflation should've moved the price point close to $90.

Originally Posted by Dino droppings? Droppings? View Post (Source)
    They are simulatenously mutually exclusive and non mutually exclusive events.
    Something can't be both...

Originally Posted by okxt2jzdjsrz View Post (Source)
    Something can't be both...
    Ever heard of Schrodingers cat? Or qauntum physics in general?

I sort of agree with PCMR4Life here.

I don't get how it is possible to say no then yes. Simply because these are the questions:

Question 1 - Are you satisfied with JWE in its current state?

Question 2 - Do you think the initial purchase price of JWE was reasonable for the content?

I don't think the second question counts future or possible content, but content that is in there now.

So to be unhappy with the content, means you probably would be unhappy with the price. If the price was fine for the content, then you would be at the very least satisfied.

My answer would be changed to No, Yes however if the second question does include possible future add-ons. But it is pretty silly to judge a game or its price on things currently not in it or at the very least promised.

I am hoping that is the case anyway. If people are saying No, Yes, because they don't like it but believe it is a standard price for games nowadays that worries me a little. A game should be worth what you get out of it not what a company tells you it is. That's why we have the choice to buy or not or wait for a sale. If a slightly bad game only sells for cheaper than normal price it is the fault of the game. It should never be standard price just because 'that's how it is'. Otherwise game companies have trained us 'pretty well'.

I agree with PCMR too.

The poll and any other, is always going to be flawed... because the majority of people on forums "have something to say" more along the lines of "fix this, add that or change this, or stop whining etc". Whilst I said No, No... there are probably 2,000 people playing right now who would say Yes,Yes... but they don't visit the forums (or at least, not often).

Even so, those "Yes" people would probably welcome some of the things proposed by the "No" people...and no doubt, so would the silent / non-forum user players.

The only poll's worth anything are if Frontier sent out a more focused poll / questionnaire... they did that once for Elite Dangerous, both on the forums and as a newsletter. My mind escapes me, but it was about a change to something or other being proposed...
    Edit: It was about Ship transfer: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-TRANSFER-POLL

Originally Posted by zmego View Post (Source)
    Okay, since the discussion is apparently now ongoing anyway, here are my 2 cents:

I think the questions are a bit too narrow. It's not always just black and white and yes or no. For example, I did have a lot of fun with the game in it's current state (hence why I said "yes" to question 1). However, the game is way too small in scope (only five islands, superficial park management features, extremely easy difficulty). That's why I consider the price way too high for the delivered content ("No" to question 2). I am actually surprised that so many people consider the pricing of JWE adequate. Maybe that's a sign of different generations of gamers clashing in their perceptions. Younger players grew up with titles like Call of Duty or FIFA, that have annual release schedules with pretty minor changes and still come at Triple-A pricing (not to mention additional costs for DLC, loot boxes, season passes and cosmetics. For every game anew. Each year.) That's why they probably think the price of JWE is adequate: They are just used to games costing that much or even more, no matter the content included.

Anyways, when thinking about the declining playerbase of JWE: Frontier should deliver additional maps as soon as possible (preferably yesterday). I really don't care how they implement them in the game (e.g. as different parts of the existing islands or in a completely detached "Free Mode"). Ideally the player can customize the settings (starting money, available research/unlocks etc.). This content patch should come for free, because it's more of a fix of the most massive shortcoming of the game than anything else. I cannot stress enough how new maps are the most urgent thing right now.
    Everything else in terms of new features, Dinos, changes in management and difficulty that have been discussed/suggested over the last weeks can be introduced via paid DLC.

This type of survey relies on whats known as voluntary response. Volunteer surveys are one of the least reliable surveying methods as they are highly susceptible to response bias. This is because the people who take the time to respond to a survey, or take part in a forum for that matter, feel more strongly than the people who don't. This means that it may not be truly representitive of the general population.
    Now, that's not to say that this survey is fundamentally flawed or that we can't gleam ANYTHING from it; I'd say that if 70% of the people who care enough about a game to join the forum aren't happy with the current game, that is useful data. That being said, we should take the results of this survey with a grain of salt.

The only way to ascertain a proper estimate of player consensus is for Frontier to conduct a random sample of the player base by selecting players from a database at random. This would reduce the likelyhood of confounding variables and other biases that are intinsic to volunteer surveys such as this one.

Now as for the actual results of the survey; do we not think that the two questions CAN be interpreted as mutually exclusive events? I've used this example before but I will repeat it here. I for one aren't happy with the current iteration of the game. However, I can appreciate the effort, money and time that has gone into making it. I have also spent quite a few hours playing it. Therefore, despite me not being happy with the current game, I can appreciate that it was worth the money I spent on it. Therefore, whether I am unhappy with the current game or not, it is mutually exclusive to how I feel about it's price.
    Now, for others that may not be so. We are after all dealing with subjective opinions here. As such, it is no ones place to say whether if you answer 'No' for Q1 you must answer 'No' for Q2. That's not how surveys work. Whether you agree with that or not it is absolutely irrelevant; the data is the data, only the method of obtaining the data is relevant to this discussion, not the result.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, I answered: No/No, despite what the above example may have suggested.

Originally Posted by Astaran View Post (Source)
    Everything else in terms of new features, Dinos, changes in management and difficulty that have been discussed/suggested over the last weeks can be introduced via paid DLC.
    Yeah that wouldn't be what I would say. I think the changes a lot have suggested should be more important for two reasons:

1. It is core changes not just additional content. Paid DLC to do what it should already be doing would be hated. Decent dino behaviour and management is core aspect of the game and should be improved in an update. New levels/dinos and so on should be the DLC if anything as its just extra content.
    2. People who are waiting for more levels have bought and played the game. New customers are those who have held back because of the stuff that is missing. There is no money in giving free updates to those who have bought and played it and loads in getting those who didn't buy it to buy it by improving the base game. The paid DLC for extra content/levels would be how they can get the money from existing customers.

Originally Posted by Dino droppings? Droppings? View Post (Source)
    Ever heard of Schrodingers cat? Or qauntum physics in general?
    What does either of those have to do with what I said? Language has nothing to do with physics. Things are either mutually exclusive, or they're not. Saying the two are the same is like saying "could care less" is the same as "couldn't care less".
    In post #102 above, you twice said "mutually exclusive" when you meant "not mutually exclusive".

Originally Posted by LemonyNebula View Post (Source)
    1. It is core changes
    And this is why a lot of the "wishlist" stuff is just that...wishes. Some of the core stuff can't be changed without scrapping the game and starting over (and that WON'T be free; just look at what Frontier did with Zoo Tycoon, a relatively minor change to its first release), or at the least making all saved games unplayable.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast