Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warframe to implement Multi-Crew

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I am confused. How is this an example of what 'we thought MC would be in Elite'? If anything, this is what some people want spacelegs to be, but multi-crew? Apart from manning turrets, which we have, I cant remember anyone expecting us to go FPS and fight people boarding the ship at all...

Microtransactions. Lots of them. But not p2w as far as I could see, but only played it for a few hours.
    Not p2w. Lots of cosmetics. Premium currency can be freely traded between players. Which means once you know the game a little bit it's not that hard to come by it with purely in-game means.
    Also, Warframe is the only game I know that starts delivering it's main story about 40-60 hours into the game. If anything, I'd at least stick around to see those quests.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I am confused. How is this an example of what 'we thought MC would be in Elite'? If anything, this is what some people want spacelegs to be, but multi-crew? Apart from manning turrets, which we have, I cant remember anyone expecting us to go FPS and fight people boarding the ship at all...
    I remember people hoping for boarding, but obviously that is more of a space legs issue first. It shouldn't be that confusing, I said 'it has a little bit of what we were hoping for..' Yes, we have manning turrets, but we don't have being boarded, repairing systems/putting fires out, hacking other ships, more fine control over systems, etc. Sure, much of it crosses over into space legs territory, which is why I said a little bit of instead of a 1:1 hope. What it boils down to is: Our version of multi-crew is extremely basic (Warframe's is going to be pretty basic too, but more involved than Elite) and I don't feel Warframe's is further away from what people (read: me, if it makes you feel better) were hoping to get out of it.

I know people still use the feature in Elite and have fun from time to time, but it is basic and it sucks that its so basic. Wouldn't be wrong to want more.

Originally Posted by lysan View Post (Source)
    F2P how do they make money?
    You can shortcut and directly buy gear, but you're better off crafting them in most cases. There is a number of nice skins to make your frames look more unique. I kinda play in chunks, every now and then I quit and leave it for a while, then come back and be astonished what the game evolved. The story missions I particularly enjoyed and each time I decided to spend a couple bucks to reward the effort I enjoyed.

Overall the grind can be quite lengthy but if you have a couple of friends they might help out a lot on getting stuff.

So they have better multicrew than Elite and also space legs (which is an essential part of multicrew, and Elite just did it backwards).

I think that if it was their aim, Warframe could have a complete universe before Elite could have its space legs.

Originally Posted by Iori View Post (Source)
    So they have better multicrew than Elite and also space legs (which is an essential part of multicrew, and Elite just did it backwards).

I think that if it was their aim, Warframe could have a complete universe before Elite could have its space legs.
    Nah, they still only have 1 solar system. ^__^

I played for a few months at the end of last year and really enjoyed it. I hit a wall around Pluto and the grind got overwhelming so I stopped for a while, but started playing again a few day's ago. Having played Rhino mostly I built Loki and the Dread bow and am having vast amounts of fun again. Is there and ED players warframe clan set up? I like the Idea of building my own Dojo but don't have time but would be happy to help others out.

o7

Originally Posted by Snarfbuckle View Post (Source)
    Nah, they still only have 1 solar system. ^__^
    Sure, but they manage to give you so much to do with that scale. Elite has a galaxy but the majority of it is empty. That isn't to say that '400 billion star systems' should all be full of things to do, but it is sort of to say that maybe if there's going to be nothing to do, it doesn't need to be that big. Doesn't matter though, that ship left station a long time ago. Maybe the exploration update will help out with that, I mean I certainly hope it does.

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    ......... but my god the inane cheering on the vids..
    Yeah; I actually find that type of behaviour to be very unattractive.... quite dumb in fact.

Originally Posted by Iori View Post (Source)

There is not really ships to fly like in Elite. It's pretty much legs, legs with jump jets and legs onna platform you can kinda steer in a system soon. And that's why it's so good - the leggings are fun to play.

Warframe is ALIVE and GROWS and allows player interaction in a social space and game space. You can customize your frame both through earned rewards and microtransactions. Interesting concepts...

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    Yeah; I actually find that type of behaviour to be very unattractive.... quite dumb in fact.
    People liked what they've seen. They cheer. What exactly is dumb about it? Not to mention the song in Fortuna reveal was absolutely gorgeous.

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    oh nice.. I was going to suggest they can implement space legs in forza motorsport, but I guess a multicrew for warframe would do. Both games have in common they are not even close to what I like to play.

It even has autoundock, it is perfect!!
    Just to be annoying, I'm letting you know that there is legs in Forza, so you can look around your car.

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    People liked what they've seen. They cheer. What exactly is dumb about it? Not to mention the song in Fortuna reveal was absolutely gorgeous.
    They're supposed to lament about everything like we do here on the forum.

I had a look at Warframe's, battled the installer, played the introduction and it seems to be a Free To Pay grinder. Am I missing something here ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast