Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warframe to implement Multi-Crew

Warframe to implement Multi-Crew

Take a look, I think it has a little bit of what we were hoping for with Elite's Multi-Crew. I think there's still plenty of time to do more with what Elite has and I think it would be worth development time. The amount of hype for what they are doing with that game is high.

Things that don't need to be said:
    Warframe isn't a simulation style game
    Warframe is an arcadey looter shooter
    Warframe is a completely different game not focused on ships
    Elite doesn't have 3rd person/1st person gameplay implemented
    The games have different audiences and goals
    Warframe is Free To Play but with a ton of funding from microtransactions
    Other things that aren't really relevant to showing how things could have been and could still be

Still, Warframe will have fully functional multicrew before Elite...

oh nice.. I was going to suggest they can implement space legs in forza motorsport, but I guess a multicrew for warframe would do. Both games have in common they are not even close to what I like to play.

It even has autoundock, it is perfect!!

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    oh nice.. I was going to suggest they can implement space legs in forza motorsport, but I guess a multicrew for warframe would do. Both games have in common they are not even close to what I like to play.

It even has autoundock, it is perfect!!
    Weird how even with a disclaimer, you still went there.

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    Weird how even with a disclaimer, you still went there.
    Nah, I watched the video, looks amazing. I couldn't help but make a joke. Sadly you took it the wrong way.

Well you are right, it more of what I expected Elite MC would be, but was not. ED MC is 100% arcade in my opinion.

These are both games that do totally different things, but the demo today sure was neat! I'll definitely give it a shot.

Not sure what arcades ever had games like Elite in them, must be some very niche arcades in your area!

Man Tempest is the closest I can think of to Elite in an arcade.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a complete space sim like ED. Looks nice though with the crew able to run around and other things while the ship is in the middle of an orbital battle, and seems to have it all together and working far better than CRobbers SC.

It looks nice, but would it not become boring very quickly, if you have to do this over and over again?
    Perhaps I am mistaken. Perhaps it is fine in the setting of a multiplayer shooter.

It's me no doubt. I am much more a fan of stealthy shooters.

Originally Posted by krylite View Post (Source)
    Yeah, it doesn't seem like a complete space sim like ED.
    It definitely isn't. It is much more on rails. The ship piloting in ED is core gameplay. In the above vid it is of secondary importance at best.

Well, I was blown away by the Tennocon presentation, but the multi-crew elements of Railjack look ridiculously basic. Aside from controlling the turrets, the terminals have simplistic functions that a single player would be able to do alone, if it weren't for all the consoles being spread out around the ship. Seriously, there's more to do in a ship in ED than there is in all of Railjack's terminals combined, and for a new game mode that's almost entirely focused on multicrew and co-op play, I find it leaves a lot to be desired (just like ED's multi-crew).

It was fantastic watching the whole thing play out, but it looks like it's going to get tedious after a few rounds. Venus looks like buckets of fun, though.

Full vid here, really interesting. Go to min 01:05:14 for the interesting bits

It looks good and im a fan of warframe, but my god the inane cheering on the vids..

I will give DE credit where it's due. They know their audience, they know their game, and they deliver. It wasn't like that at the beginning, but they've created quite the gem and seem to be very in tune with what their players want.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast