Thread: Steam accidentally leaks accurate total player numbers /sales for games

Steam accidentally leaks accurate total player numbers /sales for games

Interesting article from Ars Technica.

Regretably this info only applies to games with Achievements which Elite does not have on steam.

However planet coaster and jurassic world do.

It shows planet coaster having nearly 1.7 million players, and Jurassic World, half a million players on steam in only a couple of weeks on sale.

The figure for Jurassic world is interesting as steam have confirmed that JW is in the platinum sellers for steam for first 6 months of the year. This is for the top 12 selling games on steam.

Battletech is in the top 100 bronze sellers for 2018 having launched in May of this year and that shows has having around 300,000 players. This would indicate both Elite dangerous and Planet coaster will have added around that number of players in the first 6 months of the year as they are also in the top 100 games.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...es/?comments=1

All the stock markets are upping frontier revenue expectations and profits. I expect a bit of marketing push by frontier to get across the 2 million mark.

Must really bum some people that FD and Elite still aren't dead.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Thing about Elite, is that it's a very long term game for those that enjoy the style.

I've suffered a bit of burn out, to be honest, game time int he last 6 months is very low, and a few of the "features" turned it into a bit of a grind.

However... It's still fun, is still updated, and at the end of the day, it's the only player on the field.

I'm starting to come back to it now, and I'm sure it'll get old again at some stage, I'll have a break, then come back. That's just how it is, an dI'm sur eit's the same for many others. Look at all the folk not playing, but still posting on the forum - they, clearly, are still interested, and want to see the game improve.

I won't be surprised if I see this still going 15 years after launch. Maybe SC will be released by then, and offer competition...

Z...

Same here, hadn't played in months and when 3/3.1 was released got back in to it again. Not feeling stale yet which is nice.

It's nice to see that Valve can make changes quickly when it wants to, not the like the feet dragging they did over refunds.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    numbers, schmumbers... the game is dead.

Originally Posted by Andovar View Post (Source)
    numbers, schmumbers... the game is dead.
    "That which is dead can never die and in strange eons even Star Citizen may be released."

Is it still it still in the "mixed" reviews or did it get bumped up to "mostly positive" ?