Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Calling Krait explorers

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    the Krait is now all geared up @ some 63.58LY...
    Crazy! Any chance of a loadout summary?

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    Calling Krait explorers in VR: how are the cockpit lights in front of the pilot there? I wonder about them, since on closer look, they appear to be farther out than they appear to be on a 2D screen, and are probably more luminous as well.
    Tolerable so far, but I haven't taken mine out of the bubble (and she isn't actually going to be an explorer, more a passenger/smuggler/courier). My explorer is too far out to bother about returning and swapping the Dolphin for a Krait. Currently tramping around the bubble and finishing the engineering.

I like the Krait's handling, but the cockpit design has all the charm of an unfinished building.

Originally Posted by OldManKnott View Post (Source)
    Crazy! Any chance of a loadout summary?
    Guessing: https://s.orbis.zone/KjNRRF18

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)

not quite

https://beta.coriolis.io/outfit/krai...0A%3D&bn=krait

some luxuries in there, you can strip it further if you wish

the Dolphin is at the same point as the Dbx... one slot short of a picnic doesn't mean i love it any less but that pointless locked class 5 slot irritates the hell out of me because you can shove HRPs in it but not a booster.

and why? because of magic hand wavium at FD HQ

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    not quite

https://beta.coriolis.io/outfit/krai...0A%3D&bn=krait

some luxuries in there, you can strip it further if you wish

the Dolphin is at the same point as the Dbx... one slot short of a picnic doesn't mean i love it any less but that pointless locked class 5 slot irritates the hell out of me because you can shove HRPs in it but not a booster.

and why? because of magic hand wavium at FD HQ
    Almost 65 ly's...that's almost stepping on the Anaconda's toes. I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of response to the ubiquitous "I love the jump range of the Anaconda but it's super cruise handling is rubbish" comments.

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Almost 65 ly's...that's almost stepping on the Anaconda's toes. I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of response to the ubiquitous "I love the jump range of the Anaconda but it's super cruise handling is rubbish" comments.
    10LY shy of the conda, but all those unrestricted slots make it a decent ship for once instead of a restricted pile of muck, so yeah its a great ship and FD finally got slot wavium correct but will they fix the others after adding in "content" to the game or will they just languish and remain unpopular?

I would agree it fixes that particular complaint and has good internal options. I've have mine at around 48 to 50ly but debating whether it's worth the extra work to acquire the Guardian FSD boost.

Every ship that can fit a class 5 internal module can increase their jump range by 10 ly, so unfortunately nobody's stepping on the Anaconda. What did happen is that the larger ships caught up somewhat, while the smaller ones fell behind by a couple of ly-s. (Since they can generally only fit C3-4 FSD boosters.) If your ship has six internal slots and you carried a full compliment (ADS+DSS+Scoop+Shield+SRV+AFM), you'll have to sacrifice something if you want that increased range, too.
    If.

Originally Posted by Junosulyn View Post (Source)
    I would agree it fixes that particular complaint and has good internal options. I've have mine at around 48 to 50ly but debating whether it's worth the extra work to acquire the Guardian FSD boost.
    It is...and it really isn't even that much work. I did mine in an afternoon, maybe three hours total (that's including flight time to the site and back). And the new guardian sites are really quite impressive and combat with the Guardian Skimmers is new and different, if even a little more challenging.

Plus, it's the only way to get a fully combat fit Vette to jump 30ly.

Originally Posted by Junosulyn View Post (Source)

its not a great deal of work though & the sites are worth a visit too.

People are also reporting unlocking the FSD Booster in under an hour in some cases. If you happen to hit one of the guardian structures that awards the module blueprint item, then you only need to do the puzzle once, and can just farm the rest of the mats right there. This is assuming you already have the focus crystals or can trade for them quickly. The Shock Mounts are easy to buy too.

The Anaconda does 83ly I think, that's 18ly more jump range compared to Krait.

Originally Posted by Orvidius View Post (Source)
    People are also reporting unlocking the FSD Booster in under an hour in some cases. If you happen to hit one of the guardian structures that awards the module blueprint item, then you only need to do the puzzle once, and can just farm the rest of the mats right there. This is assuming you already have the focus crystals or can trade for them quickly. The Shock Mounts are easy to buy too.
    Actual time on site, sure, absolutely can be done under an hour....and if you Buckyball there and back with no faffing around, you could do the whole thing in an hour...but us explorers get distracted on the way out. But yeah, running the six pylon puzzle took me less than 10 minutes the third time I tried it....in solo....because the first two times I got about half way through it and buzzcrashed to the home page in Open. Note to XB1 CMDR's...do the Guardian sites in solo. Anyways, then I shot the doors off those structures for another 10 to 15 minutes to get the materials that I needed and I was done. Easy Peasy. I had the crystals I needed and just stopped at a station on the way back to Diaguandri to pick up some shock mounts. It really was very painless.

Originally Posted by Bob McBobblehead View Post (Source)
    The Anaconda does 83ly I think, that's 18ly more jump range compared to Krait.
    I was speaking more in general usage terms. Sure, the Anaconda can get as high as 80+ lightyears, but not in any useful or meaningful exploration kit. In a relatively comparable exploration build, my Anaconda is getting 60.2 light years while my Krait is getting 52.5.

I'm going to take the Krait out to the Conflux and Hawkin's Gap to finish up my Project Dynasty site seeing and then decide which ship I want to take on DW2.

I was speaking more in general usage terms. Sure, the Anaconda can get as high as 80+ lightyears, but not in any useful or meaningful exploration kit. In a relatively comparable exploration build, my Anaconda is getting 60.2 light years while my Krait is getting 52.5.

I'm going to take the Krait out to the Conflux and Hawkin's Gap to finish up my Project Dynasty site seeing and then decide which ship I want to take on DW2.
    Finished my analysis last night and factoring in the SLF bay, the difference between the Krait and Python is less than 1.2ly. Since I won't be taking an SLF, I've opted for the Python. I gave the Krait a fair shake. I've flown her about 7000ly thus far outside the bubble.

Krait
    https://s.orbis.zone/yvPyWKz4

Python
    https://s.orbis.zone/CRNy9Sds

I'll continue to use the Krait for module storage and just swap back and forth as needed with my Python. For bubble related stuff, I prefer my Asp. It's faster, jumps further and is more maneuverable both in and out of SC. Since the Krait will be storing my Python's exploration setup, I'll be able to take it out for a spin now and then to mix things up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast