Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monitors for ED

Originally Posted by Pville_Piper View Post (Source)
    In your third image, go to the list all modes button Just above the OK button) and then select the correct monitor resolution and the 144hz refresh rate. Mine wasn't set this way so I don't know if this will help, but try it.
    Originally Posted by Pville_Piper View Post (Source)
    Additional settings to check in the NVidia control panel, cheek to see both the Global and Program settings tabs are showing G Sync under monitor technology
    Nice. Previously I had 60hz in the desktop, now I have always 144hz thanks to the correct selection. Monitor technology is G sync in both tabs. Still a bit of tearing. A dude on youtube is saying that one should set V sync in this item

and disable it in the game. But it seems odd to me. Why should I have V sync (even if only in the general settings) and G sync both enabled?

Anyway, thank you very much for the support, much appreciated

Neat.

But that's a dual panel display.
    Inow they simply took the panels from two 25601440 screens and glued them together.

Depending on unit and age etc etc.
    I guarantee a lot of those screens will have a noticeable misalignment directly down the middle right out of the factory and it would only get worse from there.
    Not something I would consider acceptable from an $1700 monitor.

Originally Posted by Kvochur View Post (Source)
    Nice. Previously I had 60hz in the desktop, now I have always 144hz thanks to the correct selection. Monitor technology is G sync in both tabs. Still a bit of tearing. A dude on youtube is saying that one should set V sync in this item

and disable it in the game. But it seems odd to me. Why should I have V sync (even if only in the general settings) and G sync both enabled?

Anyway, thank you very much for the support, much appreciated
    I'm not sure why you would get tearing... I never do. Unless there is something that needs to be enabled in the monitor itself or the cable you're using isn't good for what you're doing. To get G Sync to work you need a Display port 1.2 cable, don't use the HDMI as it won't work with G Sync. You might want to try another Display port cable. The monitor has a very good review over at TFT central http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_32gk850g.htm

Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    I guarantee a lot of those screens will have a noticeable misalignment directly down the middle right out of the factory and it would only get worse from there.
    Not something I would consider acceptable from an $1700 monitor.
    I don't know, Dell usually has very good monitors and quality control, and my experience with their support has been better than average.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123