Thread: I just got my socks blown off big time!!!-Medusa Notes

Exciting I just got my socks blown off big time!!!-Medusa Notes

I heard rumour that while interceptors are near the surface of planets they can't deploy Thargons, an interesting development, although likely a bug. would make for some very interesting surface approaches relating to Horizons and the narrative.

Anyway, this rumour was true, busted up a cyclops without Thargons in no time. then I thought 'ha, too easy, time to bag me my first Basilisk kill solo!!'

return to the site, reload once to get rid of the cyclops. and then surprise!!! Medusa instead of Basilisk!!

I thought 'what are you gonna do?! ain't so tough without your 96 buddies to back you up!!'....scanned and opened fire!

this thing at up my shots far more noticeably than the Cyclops's and Basilisk I have encountered. when I looked at the ship data icon I saw my shields where almost shredded in just a few mere seconds (primary weapon alone) and they were pretty decent too!

once it ripped through those I still face tanked it with my shard cannons, exposed the heart and almost blew it off when my canopy blew out..... with 46% hull left I then limped back to Maia to lick my wounds and reconsider a more sensible approach to the thorned menace known as a medusa...

Lessons learned;

-Medusa's have an extremely high resistance. made a shard cannon feel like plinking an old tank with 12G buckshot.

-very high damage on main weapon, not only does it have a longer burst fire, but also appears to deal more damage per shot! significantly higher than a cyclops and even basilisk!

- Loves to snipe modules (knew that anyway... but good to note)

-DON'T FACE TANK IT!!!! it will tank your face in the most literal way possible...

- And it is just plain Evil.... the thing is haunting to look at.

Revenge is due, just these little suckers wait until size 4 guardian modules come out!! peel this sucker in half like a twisted, freaky banana!!!

Did it deploy a swarm? If there's no swarm deployment even after a Heart being destroyed that opens up some questions like if the Thargons are unable to operate with any decent gravitational field nearby (though unlikely it would be interesting if their drones can't take much gravitational stress).

And yeah Medusa's pack a punch with more damage outright and a far higher rate of fire on their primary gun. Plus keep in mind they generally get stronger the more hearts you destroy anyways.

Originally Posted by Phazon Xenomorph View Post (Source)
    Did it deploy a swarm? If there's no swarm deployment even after a Heart being destroyed that opens up some questions like if the Thargons are unable to operate with any decent gravitational field nearby (though unlikely it would be interesting if their drones can't take much gravitational stress).

And yeah Medusa's pack a punch with more damage outright and a far higher rate of fire on their primary gun. Plus keep in mind they generally get stronger the more hearts you destroy anyways.
    No, past 4 encounters no swarms at all at proximity of planets.... I did find that basilisk. and found it too is not wise to face tank.

so really unless in wing, shard cannons are only good for Cyclops' on big ships, more agile nimble ships they may do some good though!

Originally Posted by Jaylem View Post (Source)
    -Medusa's have an extremely high resistance. made a shard cannon feel like plinking an old tank with 12G buckshot.
    -very high damage on main weapon, not only does it have a longer burst fire, but also appears to deal more damage per shot! significantly higher than a cyclops and even basilisk!
    - Loves to snipe modules (knew that anyway... but good to note)
    -DON'T FACE TANK IT!!!! it will tank your face in the most literal way possible...
    - And it is just plain Evil.... the thing is haunting to look at.
    All hail the Mistress of Minions.
    Thank you, ma'am. May we have another?

And yeah, I had my first opportunity to deal with a Medusa while toying with a few Marauders.
    Took about 20 seconds from it's arrival to the re-buy screen.
    Now I have to sit on a pillow.

This I've gotta try!

+rep

BTW - was this at the latest attacked surface sites?

watch out for the emp attack. close to planet is a near death sentence.

Originally Posted by Sinister Hedgehog View Post (Source)
    This I've gotta try!

+rep

This is where I did it

Originally Posted by Sinister Hedgehog View Post (Source)
    This I've gotta try!

+rep

yes, the "bug Squasher" in the HIP 16613 system is where I did mine, although any of the surface sites with Thargoids I imagine this is the same

Originally Posted by Inkslinger98 View Post (Source)
    watch out for the emp attack. close to planet is a near death sentence.
    Ah, yes. luck for me I boosted up at the time of pulse, strangely although I had my shutdown counter on, I got shut down any way? odd, but I still managed!

Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post (Source)

And yeah, I had my first opportunity to deal with a Medusa while toying with a few Marauders.
    Took about 20 seconds from it's arrival to the re-buy screen.
    Now I have to sit on a pillow.

I Doubt the Medusa is the worst the Thargoids have to offer, there will be more as we hammer them more efficiently.... and possibly bigger!

Still keen to see the Illusive Hive ships that John Jameson encountered!! they had better be MASSIVE!!!

I Doubt the Medusa is the worst the Thargoids have to offer, there will be more as we hammer them more efficiently.... and possibly bigger!

Still keen to see the Illusive Hive ships that John Jameson encountered!! they had better be MASSIVE!!!
    I'm still waiting for the seven and eight heart Interceptors, I suspect we'll get those most likely before we move on to the bigger ships. Cause once bigger ships roll out from the Thargoids we're gonna need BIGGER tech (like Large Guardian Gauss so I can mount 3 of those on top of my Krait) or even Huge hardpoint weapons for the Big ships. As well as small varients for smaller vessels (and remove that damn 4 limit nonsense)

I Doubt the Medusa is the worst the Thargoids have to offer, there will be more as we hammer them more efficiently.... and possibly bigger!Still keen to see the Illusive Hive ships that John Jameson encountered!! they had better be MASSIVE!!!
    He he, you know the old saying: Be careful for what you wish for; you may get it.

Somebody posted a vid where he destroyed a Medusa in a Krait, no SLF. One of the key ingredients (not the only one) was constantly shooting off heat sinks to keep the heat signature low and break the Thargoid's lock. I'll get around and try to recreate his achievement (very cool one!) sooner or later.

Originally Posted by space voyager View Post (Source)
    Somebody posted a vid where he destroyed a Medusa in a Krait, no SLF. One of the key ingredients (not the only one) was constantly shooting off heat sinks to keep the heat signature low and break the Thargoid's lock. I'll get around and try to recreate his achievement (very cool one!) sooner or later.
    I remembered that thread. That was exactly what he did, i.e., dropping heat sinks on a constant basis, kept the ship cooler than normal which caused the bug to be unable to keep a solid lock on his ship.

We may have something here....

EDIT: from another thread, that was Blind Pew's video that came up with this suggestion.

Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post (Source)
    I remembered that thread. That was exactly what he did, i.e., dropping heat sinks on a constant basis, kept the ship cooler than normal which caused the bug to be unable to keep a solid lock on his ship.

We may have something here....

EDIT: from another thread, that was Blind Pew's video that came up with this suggestion.
    So really we need a "guardian in-built heatsink" that keeps the ship that bit cooler and also mitigate the ENORMOUS heat the standard modules dish out, can only fire a rail twice on my Guardian powerplant/distributor Krait!!!!

So really we need a "guardian in-built heatsink" that keeps the ship that bit cooler and also mitigate the ENORMOUS heat the standard modules dish out, can only fire a rail twice on my Guardian powerplant/distributor Krait!!!!
    Not a bad idea! Guardian freezing thingamadig FTW!