Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: visibility of black holes changed?

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    I remember hearing that it changed a bit a couple years ago or so, but not since then that I've heard of. I'm really just hoping we get some occasional accretion disks eventually. I think that'd be awesome. Anyway, I'll keep some tabs on it when I can. Cheers.

Braben spoke about it awhile ago, and recently it was confirmed as "on the list" (by Sandro I think), but no word on when. Every now and then I remind David Braben about it on Twitter.

You get kind of bored of it after awhile, unless there's some kind of an interesting backdrop.

Originally Posted by Alkibiades View Post (Source)
    I thought that they upped the game for black holes. I am currently on a tripple a system hunt and see a lot of them. The other day I was amazed by the lensing of a bh with 50 solmasses. It bent the background from 60,000ls away! And not just a bit, that was like how I remember saga*. Cant remember similar lensing in Maia during the great unknown artefact hunt. So overall, for me, black holes became more interesting visually. Totally different from ops observation.
    Last (and only) time that was at SagA was at June 2015 https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...?highlight=Sag

That one and a few after looked much more interesting in visualisation than the one I saw in the past days after a long pause of ED. But as said before, maybe just the background etc. was the reason.

Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    Braben spoke about it awhile ago, and recently it was confirmed as "on the list" (by Sandro I think), but no word on when. Every now and then I remind David Braben about it on Twitter.

You get kind of bored of it after awhile, unless there's some kind of an interesting backdrop.
    Ya, they look a bit dull now and would be pity if all of them are like this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12