Page 1 of 15 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 224

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Collect Wing Mission Balancing

  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

    Collect Wing Mission Balancing

    Greetings Commanders,

    Following the 3.1 update, we have noticed that the credit rewards for Collect Wing Missions were higher than intended. This has had a negative impact on the balance of the in-game economy. As a result of this we will be adjusting the payouts for this mission type to reduce them and bring them in line with the intended rewards.

    Thanks for your continued feedback and for your understanding. We will continue to look at missions to ensure they are balanced and offer the best experience for the game.

  2. #2
    There's a balanced economy?

  3. #3
    "Best experience for the game" is not "nerf all money making methods"

  4. #4
    How about you guys get back to fixing powerplay. Been a month since the focus feedback with no updates on anything. All you guys seem to do is want to nerf any possible way of progressing in this game without actually addressing the problems the game has.

  5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    This is a server side change and part of our ongoing review of in game balancing. We continue to investigate all issues and bugs reported in to us. If you encounter new ones please continue to send in your reports.

  6. #6
    Didn't mean to come off as snappy. Just always puts people in a mood when monetary changes are always so quick to be patched but things like the bugged conflict zones for powerplay have been broken for over a week now. Any status update on that?

  7. #7
    Does "balanced economy" mean massacre missions are getting buffed?

    I can easily make more money in the same time frame with significantly less effort running passenger missions while watching Netflix than I can killing 90+ npcs for less than 10Mil a contract in an activity that requires a player's full attention.

  8. #8

    Your commitment to balance

    I both understand and appreciate the importance of ensuring the balance of credit-making activities. My only concern with your commitment to this goal is the fact that there are many OTHER areas in the game that ALSO need to balanced, but which you seem to consistently ignore. Powerplay is a big one, of course; but there are some major issues with certain modules and engineering mods that have existed for months without address. The fact that you've created a laser that restores shield strength faster then an equivalent laser can reduce it is beyond comprehension, and the fact that you STILL haven't make any effort to address this whilst simultaneously clamping down on any possible means of making extra credits is worrisome.

    In short, if you're going to claim a commitment to game balance, please demonstrate this in more then one way, or you simply lack credibility.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Paul_Crowther View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

    Following the 3.1 update, we have noticed that the credit rewards for Collect Wing Missions were higher than intended. This has had a negative impact on the balance of the in-game economy. As a result of this we will be adjusting the payouts for this mission type to reduce them and bring them in line with the intended rewards.

    Thanks for your continued feedback and for your understanding. We will continue to look at missions to ensure they are balanced and offer the best experience for the game.

    Poo.

    Was hoping the high payouts meant that something expensive like Carriers was incoming.

  10. #10
    How is it a balanced game economy when it takes a whole day to make enough money for ONE rebuy on a big ship

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by JesterOfSins View Post (Source)
    Does "balanced economy" mean massacre missions are getting buffed?

    I can easily make more money in the same time frame with significantly less effort running passenger missions while watching Netflix than I can killing 90+ npcs for less than 10Mil a contract in an activity that requires a player's full attention.
    Agreed! Lots of mission pay outs seem to be a bit out of whack. Honestly who has time to kill 90 ships!

  12. #12
    Welcome Paul, to the forums "trial by fire".

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Grotamus View Post (Source)
    How is it a balanced game economy when it takes a whole day to make enough money for ONE rebuy on a big ship
    I agree that is much too fast even given how cheap ships are.

  14. #14
    ....nothing to see here..

  15. #15
    Exploit-lovers, go and play fair already...

Page 1 of 15 1236 ... LastLast