Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Any updates planned, or mentioned?

Any updates planned, or mentioned?

Just curious if there is any comments from devs pertaining to updates to the game?

As it stands now the game doesn't really feel like a park builder, and my dino's have a very simplistic AI, and there aren't a lot of avenues for creativity in designing your park at least in my opinion.

So! Are there any planned updates, or comments from devs stating they were going to be fixing the game?

Not that I'm aware of (not that I know everything anyway, of course), but yes, I definitely hope for more for the game in expansions, DLC, or similar.

I think they've been getting a lot of feedback from others hoping for more as well and have been asking for feedback as well, so I think it is at least somewhat likely.

Cheers.

Of course mention anything specific you'd like to see in this thread here. → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...orld-Evolution

And report any bugs or the like, since you mention "fixing" the game, here. → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumd...42-Bug-Reports

Originally Posted by reptilepaul View Post (Source)
    Just curious if there is any comments from devs pertaining to updates to the game?

As it stands now the game doesn't really feel like a park builder, and my dino's have a very simplistic AI, and there aren't a lot of avenues for creativity in designing your park at least in my opinion.

So! Are there any planned updates, or comments from devs stating they were going to be fixing the game?
    Bo Marit the community manager commented saying they were compiling our feedback and building a road map for the game and would get back to us when they have a plan

Originally Posted by UnyieldingChaos View Post (Source)
    Bo Marit the community manager commented saying they were compiling our feedback and building a road map for the game and would get back to us when they have a plan
    Which is here, for reference:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6820576

Since it's only been a month I would wait and give them some time. We just had the Fallen Kingdom DLC a few weeks ago.

There arent many other species i can think to want although there are some.

Hopefully they focus on the AI and animations. Please devs just give us unique animations for different dinosaur speciecs!

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar

Any updates or announcements are always made in the News & Announcements forum.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    Any updates or announcements are always made in the News & Announcements forum.
    So that means nothing really planned, or nothing announced? I think we deserve some verification that there is going to be a patch to add to our Evolution experience, right?

It would be nice to get a bit of info. For sure.

Player counts (on steam) seem to be dropping through the floor. It's not unusual to drop after the initial few days following a release, but even so....
    https://steamcharts.com/app/648350#1m

There isn't much to keep people playing, which is a shame. With a few changes / fixes / improvements, this is something I could see myself playing a lot more of, mainly sandbox though.
    As it stands, I have loaded it to do some experimenting... for feedback purposes, but that's about all. I haven't actually 'played' it since the credits rolled.

Edit: I like editing. FWIW, the player count has dropped massively, but its still inline with Planet Coaster (on steam), which just got a free update, alongside DLC.

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    So that means nothing really planned, or nothing announced? I think we deserve some verification that there is going to be a patch to add to our Evolution experience, right?
    That means nothing is announced but as mentioned above by FX2K, Frontier are collecting feedback posted by two Frontier representatives here and here.
    That's all we know at this point but I would also like to point out that the developers have said a couple of times prior to launch that they will keep supporting this game after launch, very likely updates, bug fixes, dlc's,etc.
    Also take into consideration that the game only launched a month ago and it already had a free Fallen Kingdom update, it's probably to soon to expect anything else but bug fixes at this moment.

Also I'm a volunteer moderator, I don't have any insight in what's going on at Frontier development but I do know they are still supporting Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster, I don't expect anything different for JWE.

It means go to the forum she linked and find out there, instead of making repeat topics here.

If Frontier wants to announce anything, it'll be done there, not here. What was hard to understand about that?

The game as is , is a fun park builder, with animations and design work far beyond any other dino game out there. It doesn't need "fixing" as it isn't a broken or failed game, but rather could have more improvements and updates. Also to be remembered $45 back in 2003 during the time of JPOG's release is about $60 today due to inflation. Zero percent interest for years since the 2008 economic crisis did a whammy on the value of the dollar along with increasing living and food costs, which is still felt today.

They have stated several times (including here, on reddit and on Twitch) that they're compiling a roadmap. Be patient and keep it constructive. Good things come to those who wait...

That is good to hear. Not going to lie a lot of people made me worried about this game the week before release but I am genuinely happy with. It needs a lot polishing and some fixes but is still a great game. Can't wait to see what their road map will end up looking like but I am sure it will be a long time till we hear about any of that. As long as they focus on stuff that will help with the depth of the game like dino AI, enclosure decor/customization we will have a lot to look forward too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast