Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Proud New Owner Of a Cutter

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    A real imperial citizen would have known that there is not such thing like an imperial coffee maker. Coffee is something uncivilized peasants in the Federation drink.
    Real imperials drink tea and have an imperial slave that is highly trained in the art of the tea ceremony. Using machines for things that humans can do is very un-imperial.

But I'm royalty :-/ a King, in fact. And I've made untold millions of credits on shipping Coffee to both Shajn Market at Kamadhenu and Messier Port at Guathiti. All perfectly above board, I've even kept the cargo manifests. I never considered it might be contraband.

Originally Posted by Flash_Baggins View Post (Source)
    After playing this game for over 1000 hours and 3 years I finally decided to buy myself one of the 'Big 3'
    i dont know what to think about that,
    its good to spend that amount of time or not?
    I guess that little smile at the end of your post make it worth.

I have similar scenario but i realize i accomplish nothing and game offer me nothing new. Pretty sad this game do not evolving after years.

Originally Posted by AbsinthSvK View Post (Source)
    i dont know what to think about that,
    its good to spend that amount of time or not?
    I guess that little smile at the end of your post make it worth.

I have similar scenario but i realize i accomplish nothing and game offer me nothing new. Pretty sad this game do not evolving after years.
    Ive played it on and off a lot

Ive found its more fun to do what the hell you want to no matter how silly than to grind for credits, hence why Ive spent so much time in game. The game is evolving just at a very slow pace, hence I get bored for a few months, play some other games then come back when stuff has been added that I then learn about lol

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    Noooo, not Reynolds...

Connery!!

I give you Zardoz.

But clearly we need atmospheric landings before we can live this particular "dream".
    Lol, no word of a lie, Zardoz was the second image to come to mind. Unfortunately, none of Elite's ships rhyme with that either, a travesty that FD should fix asap. I just can’t help but picture Burt’s Playgirl shoot whenever I think about such things (which is more often than I care to admit). But yes, Zardoz is most definitely the one. So there we have it - Barbarella and Zardoz - the twin pillars of sexual attractiveness in our peculiarly retro Universe, balance fully restored. A Barbarella and Zardoz bobble-head, now that's something that I'd shell out for.

P.S Also, make Zardoz's outfit available in Holo-me... please.

After playing this game for over 1000 hours and 3 years I finally decided to buy myself one of the 'Big 3'
    Called her the 'Eclipse' due to the rather large size.

Also Im pretty sure the Cutter doesnt turn, the universe moves around it
    Congratulations, just what the galaxy needs, more Imperial Clutter. And youíre almost right, the Clutter does not turn, the galaxy SLIDES around the Clutter.

Congrats, I have the rank, but not the money for one.
    I could hawk a few ships I suppose...

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Congratulations, just what the galaxy needs, more Imperial Clutter. And you’re almost right, the Clutter does not turn, the galaxy SLIDES around the Clutter.
    I can buy an Orca if it makes you happy

Just so I can hear it go BONG

Originally Posted by rhiz View Post (Source)
    Lol, no word of a lie, Zardoz was the second image to come to mind. Unfortunately, none of Elite's ships rhyme with that either, a travesty that FD should fix asap. I just can’t help but picture Burt’s Playgirl shoot whenever I think about such things (which is more often than I care to admit). But yes, Zardoz is most definitely the one. So there we have it - Barbarella and Zardoz - the twin pillars of sexual attractiveness in our peculiarly retro Universe, balance fully restored. A Barbarella and Zardoz bobble-head, now that's something that I'd shell out for.

P.S Also, make Zardoz's outfit available in Holo-me... please.
    Someone needs to name a binary system after this pair

Cutter is a great ship when you haven't tried the Corvette yet.

Congrats on the achievement though, it's a long grind.

Originally Posted by rhiz View Post (Source)
    Yep, thatís my approach with my engineered and heavily shielded haulage Cutter. An interdiction is usually my cue to go and make a cup of tea (after deploying hard-points of course).
    LOL!!!

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Congrats, I have the rank, but not the money for one.
    I could hawk a few ships I suppose...
    I know itís a subjective thing so I not knocking anyone who loves the Cutter, but personally, if Iíd known then what I know now I probably wouldnít have bothered (although Iím a completist, so Iím almost certainly lying). The point is, I bought the Cutter for the massive cargo capacity, but since the buff Iíd rather fly the T9. 1 billion credits is a lot to spend on something that feels like a bit of a chore to take out. Iíve engineered it to the point where Iím fairly happy with it, and the shields are ridiculous, but Iím not a fan. That said, it has probably recouped the money that I spent on it at this point, so...

I cannot believe I bought another one after having 4 and selling them.

The only thing the Cutter is great for IMHO is cargo and mining, two of the most boring jobs in the game.

But for everything else in the game it is not the best ship for the job, and many more credits can be made in other ships.

I will engineer and keep this one and try to enjoy it despite it's shortcomings.

If the gold paint were available it would be awesome.

But, that being said, I love the ship.

My problem, not the ship's but mine, is that I am for utility over whatever else, fashion, style, etc...

I love the Cutter, but I hate having a hangar queen.

I can buy an Orca if it makes you happy

Just so I can hear it go BONG
    You can fly around on a broom if it makes YOU happy, you’re the one who has to fly it, not me.
    :-)

I just don’t know of anyone who has flown an Orca to say they didn’t like the handling, the view or the delightfully happy boost sound.

Congratulations the best ship in the game, if you Engineer it well you will find that it is a lot more agile than people think—- but Turreted weapons are a must

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    You can fly around on a broom if it makes YOU happy, you’re the one who has to fly it, not me.
    :-)

I just don’t know of anyone who has flown an Orca to say they didn’t like the handling, the view or the delightfully happy boost sound.
    The Orca is amazing with G3 DD's, I cannot wait to see qwhta G5 DD's are like on it, woot.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast