Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontier Developments, why not increase CG payouts to keep everybody happy?

Originally Posted by Miko View Post (Source)
    You're basing things strictly on your experience and perspective. What about a participant who gets ganked 5 times and loses substantially more than the reward?

FD are making players unhappy nerfing missions and payouts to such an extent some players consider the effort undertaken not worth their time. Have you taken a look at the payouts for some of those 6000+ tonnes of cargo delivery missions?

CG's in my opinion should offer a greater reward, that's all I'm saying, considering they come with high risks of rebuy in open.
    I don't play in Open. Why should I allow someone else to dictate how I play? They don't pay for my time, I don't let them have any say. Simples..

If you want to play in Open, then you have to accept the rebuys. It's your choice... You can't use Open/Rebuys as an excuse for raising the CG rewards. I'm the first person to call some implementation crap, but, not this one in my opinion. If you play in PG/Solo the only rebuy you face is the one you caused

Ah the memory of that one CG with 400 million payout, we really need more of that. People can earn up to 100 million per hour if they so desire, so 400 million for a one week long effort plus whatever the CG activity gave in profits is not too much ! Make CGs great again.

CGs need to be renamed into SGs, somebody's goals.
    They never appeal to all jobs, and especially criminal
    obtainment of cg related cargo often is a shot in the foot,
    as most CG systems do not have blackmarkets to contribute.

As far as i am concerned CGs can go away completely,
    without shedding a single tear from me.

Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post (Source)
    Increase the reward for who, though? The top 10% who mind-numbingly grind their way to stay at the top with their flying mega-warehouses? Do they really need any more credits? The payouts for them are pretty high, if they stick at what they are doing, which is vacuuming cargo from one port to another.

The payouts are pretty high for the rest of us when you use the CGs intelligently. Deliver cargo to the station, then make your way back to your destination via a mission or two. It may involve a diversion but you build rep and soon pick up mega millions in mission rewards.

In the end, I find, even if I make the top 25% at a CG, I have made more from the mission rewards. Which is how it should be. A massive payout for concentrating on a single event of shifting cargo ought not to be so outrageously high that it discourages players from finding additional sources of income while participating in the event.
    So this evil, or at least unattractive and portly "they" are vacuuming cargo from one port to another... but the more resilient, heroic and purist "we" are simply hauling cargo and taking a couple missions to get back to yon port?

lol

The tendency 'round here to virtue signal and put on pedestal a preferred game play is unappetizing.

I find the real reward from community goals is knowing I helped people in their time of need, and there's no putting a price on that.

Originally Posted by Vedmo View Post (Source)
    I find the real reward from community goals is knowing I helped people in their time of need, and there's no putting a price on that.
    True.

"Did you donate to charity this year?"

"Not money, but I did help in several community goals"

The only thing that increasing credit payouts will do is get you to the material grind faster.

Community Goals need a complete overhaul, not just a payout adjustment. For example, some CGs could last for longer than one week. These simple events could be made much more interesting than they are now. I know, I know, easy for me to say.

CGs should be way rarer and way more unique in their mechanics and story/purpose. Plus they should substantially affect the BGS, building a new station, actively repelling thargoids from systems, changing planets layouts with craters, bases, new exploration sites something.

Instead they are completely soulless and uninteresting. There's no follow up, no sense of accomplishment, it's just poor execution.

Originally Posted by Quester91 View Post (Source)
    CGs should be way rarer and way more unique in their mechanics and story/purpose. Plus they should substantially affect the BGS, building a new station, actively repelling thargoids from systems, changing planets layouts with craters, bases, new exploration sites something.

Instead they are completely soulless and uninteresting. There's no follow up, no sense of accomplishment, it's just poor execution.
    Exactly.

When I was a kid, my Dad remodeled our house all by himself. It took many years; in fact, the house was never finished and Dad is now in his nineties.

My brother, sister and I slept in the unfinished upstairs of the house. Instead of separate rooms, we had cardboard dividers. Eventually, a couple of years before my sister moved out on her own, she got a real bedroom. The room my brother and I were supposed to share was finally finished...when I was in my mid 30s! I've slept in it once.

FD, I know development of this game could continue forever, but please don't be my Dad.

The CG as we know it today is a cardboard placeholder.

Id love a reason to get involved again with CG's,atm i dont really have one though.

If its a slow week,and i mean really slow,i might head to a bounty hunting one just to wing up with a few randoms in mobius for some fun. But thats about it.

I think some of the CGs have a decemt narrative when there are ones that interact with the over arching story of the game at the time or are a hint at some type of mystery.

Even then,i can just read the story in the CG description,i dont need to participate for that at all.

Originally Posted by Quester91 View Post (Source)

What if you could win luggage or some groceries like Bingo? Call it Community Bingo. Same basic effect, just an event that repeats itself with no real change to anything.

With all the bad taste left from removing fruitful missions and their payouts, why don't you stop this trend of making your players unhappy by increasing the payouts at CG events?

Personally, I think this game forcing people to adopt the policy of rebuy or bye bye makes things particularly volatile, so I would suggest at the very least doubling the awards, if not increasing the payouts at CG events three fold.

CG's in open come with many risks. Typically you are guaranteed to come across the gank squads and arguably suffer a rebuy or two if you do not escape them. For me, personally, I have poured many hours into this game across three platforms and have plenty of credits and experience to look after myself sufficiently, but what of the other players who are quite new and seeking a means to develop their fleets and retain an acceptable safety net of credit balance?

If you continue to take away appealing and fruitful means of earning credit in the game then what's left for the player to do when essentially money making is a major factor to remaining motivated in the game so that people can actually then enjoy taking more risks to explore dangerous missions or tackling the aliens etc and having more freedom in the game to simply go and have fun.

If it were upto me I'd particularly increase the awards in open play since open play is where the biggest risk to your ship is posed. CG's in particular are quite unbalanced where a solo player has a distinct advantage and exclusive access to rings for bounty hunting etc.

I think ultimately with the amount of work, the time invested and the risks taken when participating in CG's warrants a greater payout award. If a player loses a Cutter or Corvette at the cost of around 30 million then the top 10% award doesn't even cover that. So there's why I'm making this particular point.

CG's are the perfect activity to encourage players to play in open, working together, and to officially make it the go to GOLD RUSH activity, counter balanced by the risks taken, so it all makes sense awarding such participants something worth their while, wouldn't you say? A cool 80 million for a top 10% would be nice. Top ten players, a cool 100 million credits. .

Personally I'd prefer CG's and Powerplay to be open only modes for balance sakes, but that's just me. Being unable to do anything about someone undermining your power makes little sense to me... But that's another topic. Lol.
    ....and if they did up the limits they'd have some complaining that its immersion breaking or some similar crap and you'd have others saying its not enough of an increase.

Also LOL at open only CG's

You're basing things strictly on your experience and perspective. What about a participant who gets ganked 5 times and loses substantially more than the reward?
    If they get ganked that often then they should be playing in solo mode to reduce the occurrence of a re-buy. When you play in open, re-buys should be accounted for in your expenses, ALWAYS. And considering CG's are a haven for pirates, I don't see why participants should be rewarded or reimbursed for taking such unnecessary risks. I would feel differently and agree with you if open mode was the only means of completing CGs.

CG's in my opinion should offer a greater reward, that's all I'm saying, considering they come with high risks of rebuy in open.
    Again, fly in solo mode. Problem fixed!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast