Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 3.1.2

Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse View Post (Source)
    I still get messages like:

--"Welcome to $##StationName; "
    Yes I get this at around one in twenty of the larger starports.

Originally Posted by Hessfire View Post (Source)
    What planet aer you living on? Mission payouts are at ridiculous levels already - I have been taking missions and purposely selecting the Mats wherever possible (whether I need them or not) just so I have something of use later on as I engineer my fleet.
    +1 - exactly what I do!! Last thing we need is (even) more money. I can't move for the stuff and I don't try to earn big at all.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    The DBX is indeed a superb ship. I love mine and won't ever give here up, even when I am flying a Krait at the moment.
    Yes - I just can't fathom what took me so long to buy one!

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)

ED economy is what it is and I agree it is far from great but that said does anyone think the highest paying missions are More accurate when at their highest or would they be more accurate if pulled back?.

e.g should a mission to courier 100 tons of a product pay more than buying the same product yourself and delivering it directly without any middlemen?
    And here is where it's getting tricky. For the casual player each payout can't be high enough while the hardcore players usually prefer rather long lasting and tough progression schemes. Which one would you support? I'd say the casual ones are in majority so the monetary concerned would certainly support them. The idealists would most likely tend to support the hardcore players - anyway, you can't make everyone happy.

The decisive question is: what sort of mindset rules in FD's staff?

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    And here is where it's getting tricky. For the casual player each payout can't be high enough while the hardcore players usually prefer rather long lasting and tough progression schemes. Which one would you support? I'd say the casual ones are in majority so the monetary concerned would certainly support them. The idealists would most likely tend to support the hardcore players - anyway, you can't make everyone happy.

i totally agree. i am not saying my view is right, nor that others are wrong, its just what is right for me. I just put my 2p out there and hope FD feels the same way.

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    i totally agree. i am not saying my view is right, nor that others are wrong, its just what is right for me. I just put my 2p out there and hope FD feels the same way.
    Same here. More often than not I catch myself talking from my very own personal view while ignoring opposing opinions. On very rare occasions (like today) I feel more or less neutral. Right now I feel like a grey knight...

I'm a casual player but I still find payouts to high personally. The only time I do missions is when I am looking for materials or specific commodities for engineers and tech brokers. Otherwise I just don't do them. The rewards don't make sense most of the time, especially the wing missions. They make no sense what so ever.

I don't mind any update.

But it would be nice if they wouldn't wipe my controller settings completely.

I really hate to go through the tedious procedure of repeatedly having to adjust my settings with any new update coming in.

Originally Posted by John Tenzer View Post (Source)
    I don't mind any update.

But it would be nice if they wouldn't wipe my controller settings.

I really hate to go through the tedious procedure or repeatedly adjusting my settings with any new update coming in.
    This is one of the odd things about updates and patches, almost every time one comes around there are warnings about this and I check I have an upto date copy somewhere, however every time I never see this problem and I didn't see the problem before I started keeping the copy. Computers are weird.

I usually go for the higher paid missions, as I've flown a cutter for a long while in my game time now and I still get into costly wrecked accidents, but usually only within the areas where I'm interested in doing bgs or pp work in alignment with my pledged power. So I've never really went out of my way to particular star systems like Ceos/Sothis expressly for big payouts reported there. If there are no winged missions that pay over 2 million locally, I'm still ok with it and it's not a game breaker. 3 to 10 million per hour on average is still reasonable to me, imo. I do like overall how the credit inflation has slowed recently. (with the recent nerfs) A positive lining could be that FD have plans in the future for more involved and different gameplay for missions.

I don't mind any update.

But it would be nice if they wouldn't wipe completely my controller settings.

I really hate to go through the tedious procedure of repeatedly having to adjust my settings with any new update coming in.
    Backup your Bindings folder before any update. So if it does wipe your settings, just copy the backed up bindings into the folder and Bob's you uncle!

Sorted in 30 secs!

Originally Posted by Wasp0 View Post (Source)
    Backup your Bindings folder before any update. So if it does wipe your settings, just copy the backed up bindings into the folder and Bob's you uncle!

Sorted in 30 secs!
    True, that does fix the issue more easily but it shouldn't even be happening in the first place.

Nerfs almost make you want to play something else....

I don't mind any update.

But it would be nice if they wouldn't wipe my controller settings completely.

Two potential reasons for this to happen that I know of:

First one is, you should rename your own custom settings with a meaningful name, so it doesn't just look like "custom". So whenever an update actually defaults to "custom" you only need to pick your renamed settings from the list.

Second one is if one of your devices is somewhat shaky and not always recognized by the game (here it's my head tracker that needs to be replugged on each reboot to be recognized, most likely a buggy USB module on my outdated motherboard). Whenever I forget to re-plug, my whole setting falls back to "custom" (in this case my renamed settings don't even appear on the list) - which of course is totally different from my (renamed) own custom file. In which case I only have to replug my device and now can pick it up from the list again.

Whatever, I doubt it's actually the game's fault but the confusing variety of possible devices that requires a little bit of 'handiwork'.

Two potential reasons for this to happen that I know of:

First one is, you should rename your own custom settings with a meaningful name, so it doesn't just look like "custom". So whenever an update actually defaults to "custom" you only need to pick your renamed settings from the list.

Second one is if one of your devices is somewhat shaky and not always recognized by the game (here it's my head tracker that needs to be replugged on each reboot to be recognized, most likely a buggy USB module on my outdated motherboard). Whenever I forget to re-plug, my whole setting falls back to "custom" (in this case my renamed settings don't even appear on the list) - which of course is totally different from my (renamed) own custom file. In which case I only have to replug my device and now can pick it up from the list again.

Whatever, I doubt it's actually the game's fault but the confusing variety of possible devices that requires a little bit of 'handiwork'.
    About half the times it's happened to me, keeping a backup has proved fruitless, as it's identical to the one the game can't load and so doesn't get loaded anyway, defaulting back to mouse and keyboard.

After 3.0 dropped there was absolutely no getting around this and I had to remap everything from scratch. The most recent time it happened was about a week ago when I replaced my G27 wheel with a G29 (driving an SRV with a wheel is a blast, btw). This time I was able to replace every reference to to the device ID of the old wheel with the device ID of the new wheel and was back in business. Not exactly a straightforward process: it involved starting with a blank config and then mapping at least one button or axis, opening the new custom3.0.binds, extracting the ID and then pasting it into the old file in place of every instance of the old wheel. Without a backup I would have been lost here but the game backs up all your custom .binds files automatically now.

What mystifies me is why the game refuses to load the file at all if it can't find a particular device. With most games you'll find that everything still works except that device, leaving you with a lot less to sort out.

Also, what I always think about is the new players. It's a somewhat challenging learning curve to get into Elite, just to play, and then to do missions, ranking, blueprints, engineering, and much much much more that you have to master, meanwhile making enough credits to buy ships and modules and rebuys, and then, if they play in Open and by chance get griefed... One of my kids won't play it for this reason. Too much work. And that's not necessarily a good thing for Frontier and Elite.

Originally Posted by Rojo Habe View Post (Source)
    What mystifies me is why the game refuses to load the file at all if it can't find a particular device. With most games you'll find that everything still works except that device, leaving you with a lot less to sort out.
    Puzzles me as well. I'm no developer, so I'm somewhat reluctant to judge this strange behavior/coding. It certainly can be very confusing by times, though meanwhile it works pretty well for me. Doesn't mean it has to work for you and everyone of course...

I assume you've already tried to consult support about your issues?