Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10131415
Results 211 to 225 of 225

Thread: FDEV do you really honestly truly believe you have a balanced in-game economy?

  1. #211
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Well, it is a sign of times people pay for hearing what they want to hear - like easy solutions to complex problems in their beloved game.
    I guess the easiest solution to complex problems is just to ignore them all. Or even better, tell everyone it's all fine and there are no problems!

  2. #212
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Well, it is a sign of times people pay for hearing what they want to hear - like easy solutions to complex problems in their beloved game.

    Any YouTuber coming against such idea won't get clicks and views.
    It is a shame that at least some of the less technically aware (and even some technically aware) people get brainwashed by such talk.

    Everyone gets bitten in the rear when too much stock is put into those ideas. Typically when things go terribly wrong, we know who gets the blame... clue: it is not those campaigning for the related changes typically.

  3. #213
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    <snip> but let's not stop there, there are sure more 'technical reasons' you can tell us about?

    Oooh! Ooooh!

    Ask about the real time queuing thingimejig, and the happy path update wadgamacallit.

    Double dare you.

  4. #214
    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    Typically when things go terribly wrong, we know who gets the blame...
    The CTO, for trying to ram a 'puter into a human shaped hole? Him with "Hot Java" written on his mug. Over there, yeah...that's him. Get him!

    On a similar note, when is the ED economy going to get UBI?


  5. #215
    Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    I guess the easiest solution to complex problems is just to ignore them all. Or even better, tell everyone it's all fine and there are no problems!
    Some complex problems are fundamentally unresolvable, in the case of the reported concerns about ED's P2P networking code - it may take time for FD to identify and resolve the concerns directly but it is better than adopting "throwing the baby out with the bath water" type proposals.

  6. #216
    Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    when is the ED economy going to get UBI?
    IF you mean an auto-credit generator... there is already one... it is called power play pledging.

  7. #217
    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    IF you mean an auto-credit generator... there is already one... it is called power play pledging.
    Oh good grief, no.

    Everyone knows the Alliance Powers, pay better than anyone else! It's hardly Universal is it.

    And what about the Thargoids? Equal rights for all galactic lifeforms! It's the only way to bring balance to the Universe.

  8. #218
    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    p2p does not produce less traffic, that is not what I said. I said the best case (for a variety of technical reasons) would be no worse than a dedicated server.

    The industry standards aspect is part of the key to understanding why this can be the case, if you do not understand or can not understand those standards then no level of explanation will be able to explain the hows and whys.
    so you still insist that the fact that, considering some arcane standard, a p2p arch can, in the best case (which you cannot explain) be no worse than a cs arch is a valid 'technical reason' for p2p being best suited for a game like ed, or not?

    because if you do, that's just hilarious.

    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    CMDR Eagleboy has raised some of the non-networking related reasons
    we're not there yet. i myself told you pages ago that bandwidth is just a circumstantial reason why p2p is particularly bad for a multiplayer realtime game (not some military luxury gadget). we haven't even tackled the core design contradictions yet.

    so let's go step by step and first sort out your technical reason #1, ok? or do you admit it being bullcrap already?

    (btw eagleboy can hardly save you from my blocklist, please stand for your own words, that's a tenant in human comunication i cannot go without)

  9. #219
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    so you still insist that the fact that, considering some arcane standard, a p2p arch can, in the best case (which you cannot explain) be no worse than a cs arch is a valid 'technical reason' for p2p being best suited for a game like ed, or not?

    we're not there yet. i myself told you pages ago that bandwidth is just a circumstantial reason why p2p is particularly bad for a multiplayer realtime game (not some military luxury gadget). we haven't even tackled the core design contradictions yet.

    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to zn˘rt again.


    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    so let's go step by step and first sort out your technical reason #1
    Step 1: Underpants.

    (Also, Amazon de-risks accountability for key stakeholders within a culture of vague transformational objectives, along with....you know....money....and....stuff.)

    As it was in the beginning, and for all time. Let us prey.





    PS: Arcane Standards are magic, and you damn well know it.

  10. #220
    Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    PS: Arcane Standards are magic, and you damn well know it.
    dude, one never knows. we might even learn something here. let's press on.

  11. #221
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    ...
    You seem to lack any true technical knowledge and seem to be just being antagonistic for the sake of it. I have not said anything I have stated was "bullcrap" but have pointed out flaws in your apparent "comprehension" of what has been said.

    Let's cut the idiotic "dedicated server(s)" campaign that is more likely to wreck the game as a whole than improve it for reasons that have been spelled out to you already by myself and at least one other.

  12. #222
    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    You seem to lack any true technical knowledge and seem to be just being antagonistic for the sake of it. I have not said anything I have stated was "bullcrap" but have pointed out flaws in your apparent "comprehension" of what has been said.

    Let's cut the idiotic "dedicated server(s)" campaign that is more likely to wreck the game as a whole than improve it for reasons that have been spelled out to you already by myself and at least one other.
    so true, i am getting a bit antagonistic since i'm reading nonsense repeated all over. i'd love to hear and comment about your edge case solutions. a pity that you don't seem keen to share even the basic concept of it. you just plainly said i'm too stupid to grasp it. well that's a shame. :'(

    but the fact that you still pretend that this somehow endorses the p2p implementation of elite is ... now that i think about it ... very consistent with your completely surreal depiction of the multiplayer game situation, the reductio ad absurdum of saying 'yeah, the internet is unreliable', so anything goes. back where we started: parallel worlds.

    well, that's life.

    ftr, i'm unrelated to any "dedicated server(s)" campaing. to any campaign whatsoever, actually. i'm an idependent agent.






    ok, next reason?

  13. #223
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    dude, one never knows. we might even learn something here. let's press on.
    Everyday is a school day!

    I shall prepare the legacy spells.

  14. #224
    As Bill & Ted once said "Be excellent to each other (and don't wake the mods)"

    It's healthy to disagree, but please discuss the issue and not each other.

  15. #225

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10131415