Page 1 of 15 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: FDEV do you really honestly truly believe you have a balanced in-game economy?

FDEV do you really honestly truly believe you have a balanced in-game economy?

In a very recent patch, you said the following

Honestly, the in-game economy is so far broken now that it is a step beyond comical.

Now, this is not me QQ'ing because I cannot make easy credits. I exploited the hell out of that with the bounty hunting exploit early days and then for lols and Netflix time, the skimmers at Draconis ( 400mil every 20mins, I thank you ).

The only people now not flying around in gold-plated Cutters, are the noobs and hardcode RP immersionists.

You release a new exploit or bug with every single patch and people top up their rebuys with a few billion and then wait till the next one.

So why are you bothering to patch them out?

Credits fall line rain in the game for the enlightened and anyone who doesn't have access to reddit, discord or google. Who is doing in "as intended" is at a massive disadvantage to the rest of the player base who do not even flinch at a 40-80mil rebuy.

Have you considered some drastic measures to actually bring some resemblance of balance to the game?

What is your plan for bringing balance to the galaxy?

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing

Originally Posted by Powderpanic View Post (Source)
    The only people now not flying around in gold-plated Cutters, are the noobs and hardcode RP immersionists.

Carriers gonna be a moneypit LOL then everyone will be broke again..

I feel like such a noob now

So you think the in-game economy is broken/non existent. And when FD takes a step to rectify that, you ridicule them.

Flawless logic.

I actually agree with OP to an extent.

All the exploits and unintentional gold rushes caused a lot of people not having to worry about in game money ever again. The balance is already disturbed and there is no way it can be restored, unless FDEV takes all the exploited money away from people - and we all know how well that would go

The game economy seems not to be WAY OFF being anywhere near "balanced".

I kinda got used to it now, but it doesn't mean I'm not upset about it. But yeah, nerfing wing mission payout is NOT the way to do it. It's like you served fish with chips, chocolate sauce, pinapple cubes, mustard and ketchup vinegrette, then add sliced strawberries and sprinkled everything with coconut and said "Oh sorry, that meal is not balanced. Let me just take the strawberries away in order to balance it out. There, done!"

Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    So you think the in-game economy is broken/non existent. And when FD takes a step to rectify that, you ridicule them.

Flawless logic.
    He's also pointing out, rightly so, that simply removing the exploits will only be part of it.
    Currently people have so much money, that you have to wonder how Frontier will balance any new feature based on credits.

Do they want people to spend some time unlocking anything with credits? Then the price will have to be in the dozens of billions, effectively locking out those who don't take advantage of all the exploits.
    If not, then they'll have to accept they'll have hordes of bored players unlocking whatever they release (squadrons?) in a matter of minutes with all their cash on hands, and then asking "is that it?" because they skipped the whole process that was supposed to be half the game.

And Frontier hasn't exactly created an atmosphere of personal responsibility considering even back in 2015 they shrugged at the broken Looking for Luxury USS and didn't remove the credits made this way, so they'll never do a soft wipe of any sort to remove the excessive amounts of credits in circulation.

It's just a communication saying there was a mission type that paid too much. I think you're reading too much into it.

Of course they realise the thing is unbalanced beyond fixing. What exactly would you like them to do about it ?

Originally Posted by Powderpanic View Post (Source)
    I'm neither. Thanks.

Edit: I've never played for money. It's mainly been something that I comes from doing stuff I enjoy first and foremost.

This game is identical to Diablo...credits are infinitely available to all players. Nothing the devs will do to change that fact. There is no economy...each system is its own island where the pricing is pre generated and changes caused by players forces the pricing to move towards the galactic average...which relaxes after non-activity back to its pre-generated state.

I think they're referring to commodity quantities at stations, which were very low because of all the people doing source and return missions. That's the in-game economy they're referring to.

Originally Posted by cmdrrdmc View Post (Source)
    I think they're referring to commodity quantities at stations, which were very low because of all the people doing source and return missions. That's the in-game economy they're referring to.
    Lol, ya... all that hyperbole, misinformation and effort from the OP and he's completely misunderstood the entire concept. Brilliant.

Originally Posted by Ethaidan View Post (Source)
    Lol, ya... all that hyperbole, misinformation and effort from the OP and he's completely misunderstood the entire concept. Brilliant.
    Well, I share his unhappiness with the constant nerfing. The reason is a red herring. If the missions were that popular, that people were struggling to find commodities, I think that's a pretty clear sign a significant portion of the user base is not happy with FDev's desired credit/h figure, because they're jumping at any opportunity to lessen the credit grind. But instead of listening, they just nerf nerf nerf. They've never even given a figure for what they consider a reasonable earning rate.

Elite does not even have an economy. At all. Eve has a Economy. Eve for-fills the definition of Economy. Elite? Nope.

Page 1 of 15 1236 ... LastLast