Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I killed my first CMDR last night

Top left, comms tab.
    Tab across with L1/R1.
    You'll see a list of commanders you've come into contact with.
    It will say next to them:
    Killed you, or
    Killed by you.

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Top left, comms tab.
    Tab across with L1/R1.
    Killed you, or
    Killed by you.
    Learn something new every day. I did screen shot the bounty message, though.

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Over 1,000 hours in game. Two years in the cockpit...and last night, I killed my first CMDR.

I was heading back into Jameson Memorial after running some mission for The Dark Wheel. I notice a hollow square outside the mail slot and make sure my speed is below 100km/s on the off chance that it's a suicidewinder. As I get closer, I noticed debris around the area and a Type-10 well and truly stuck in the toast rack. I decide to be a good citizen of the cosmos and nudge the ole' girl and help her get loose.

After a few seconds of prodding very gently (as the Type 10 is already at 74% hull and no shields) the ship is freed from the toast rack and immediately boosts away. Given that I am now in a proper position and to see her off, I nose towards her in my Cutter and, for the first time, scan the vessel. To my surprise, she's wanted...and running...and engaging her frameshift drive.

I didn't think about it at the time, but there was debris outside the station...in my somewhat addle brained state, I had assumed the game was modeling damage to either the shape or the station...but then,in an instant, I realized where I had seen that debris before...it was the hull from whatever had happened right before I jumped in...so either he spaced someone, or led someone in such a way that the station got them. Why else would he be wanted?

In an instant, I thought, I can't let this guy get away! But I would be well inside 10km before he could jump out....how can I kill him?

Ramming speed.

I throttled up and aimed my nose directly at his aft thrusters. When I was within 800km, I boosted and (insert Yamik's squeaky toy SFX here) destroyed him.

200cr for reckless flying...and a 200k bounty on his head to turn in.

I still don't know how I feel about it.
    Congrats CMDR! You're well on your way to being a murder-hobo. Welcome to the club!

Out here your either a b*****d, or a sucker. Make your choice.

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Anyways, yeah, odd reaction
    Well done for recognising the dilemma, stuff like this is what I enjoy. I think a 200k bounty means it's safe to say whether they were an innocent but unfortunate in this situation, they were a baddie somewhere nearby

I've only killed another player twice, in both cases I gained their specific & unambiguous permission. It's not a rule I'd hold anyone else to but it's good to have standards & test them to see what it would take to make you bend or break them.

Without considering the dilemma I'd say it was just mindless destruction because you could. With the dilemma it's all good in my book (FWIW)

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Top left, comms tab.
    Tab across with L1/R1.
    Killed you, or
    Killed by you.
    The text says "You Killed" next to the cmdrs name. I would post an example here but it might be against forum rules. In my case, my collection of screenshots are a result of self-defense ofc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12