Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I killed my first CMDR last night

Exclamation I killed my first CMDR last night

Over 1,000 hours in game. Two years in the cockpit...and last night, I killed my first CMDR.

I was heading back into Jameson Memorial after running some mission for The Dark Wheel. I notice a hollow square outside the mail slot and make sure my speed is below 100km/s on the off chance that it's a suicidewinder. As I get closer, I noticed debris around the area and a Type-10 well and truly stuck in the toast rack. I decide to be a good citizen of the cosmos and nudge the ole' girl and help her get loose.

After a few seconds of prodding very gently (as the Type 10 is already at 74% hull and no shields) the ship is freed from the toast rack and immediately boosts away. Given that I am now in a proper position and to see her off, I nose towards her in my Cutter and, for the first time, scan the vessel. To my surprise, she's wanted...and running...and engaging her frameshift drive.

I didn't think about it at the time, but there was debris outside the station...in my somewhat addle brained state, I had assumed the game was modeling damage to either the shape or the station...but then,in an instant, I realized where I had seen that debris before...it was the hull from whatever had happened right before I jumped in...so either he spaced someone, or led someone in such a way that the station got them. Why else would he be wanted?

In an instant, I thought, I can't let this guy get away! But I would be well inside 10km before he could jump out....how can I kill him?

Ramming speed.

I throttled up and aimed my nose directly at his aft thrusters. When I was within 800km, I boosted and (insert Yamik's squeaky toy SFX here) destroyed him.

200cr for reckless flying...and a 200k bounty on his head to turn in.

I still don't know how I feel about it.

RIP Criminal Scum! Type 10 got what he deserved

should have shot him... should have at least taken out the drives... ramming is meh... x)

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Over 1,000 hours in game. Two years in the cockpit...and last night, I killed my first CMDR.

I was heading back into Jameson Memorial after running some mission for The Dark Wheel. I notice a hollow square outside the mail slot and make sure my speed is below 100km/s on the off chance that it's a suicidewinder. As I get closer, I noticed debris around the area and a Type-10 well and truly stuck in the toast rack. I decide to be a good citizen of the cosmos and nudge the ole' girl and help her get loose.

After a few seconds of prodding very gently (as the Type 10 is already at 74% hull and no shields) the ship is freed from the toast rack and immediately boosts away. Given that I am now in a proper position and to see her off, I nose towards her in my Cutter and, for the first time, scan the vessel. To my surprise, she's wanted...and running...and engaging her frameshift drive.

I didn't think about it at the time, but there was debris outside the station...in my somewhat addle brained state, I had assumed the game was modeling damage to either the shape or the station...but then,in an instant, I realized where I had seen that debris before...it was the hull from whatever had happened right before I jumped in...so either he spaced someone, or led someone in such a way that the station got them. Why else would he be wanted?

In an instant, I thought, I can't let this guy get away! But I would be well inside 10km before he could jump out....how can I kill him?

Ramming speed.

I throttled up and aimed my nose directly at his aft thrusters. When I was within 800km, I boosted and (insert Yamik's squeaky toy SFX here) destroyed him.

200cr for reckless flying...and a 200k bounty on his head to turn in.

I still don't know how I feel about it.
    feels good to kill someone doesn't it?

OMG OP!

You are a griefer!!

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing

OP you are truly born for ELITE

Originally Posted by Hellfire85 View Post (Source)
    should have shot him... should have at least taken out the drives... ramming is meh... x)
    I thought about it...but I was within the no fire zone of the station, and being completely ignorant of PvP other than my ability to perfectly execute a Brave Sir Robin, I wasn't sure what would happen. Would the station shoot me? Would I incur a bounty (Didn't think so, because he was wanted, but wasn't sure)? So I rammed him...it worked.

Originally Posted by The Replicated Man View Post (Source)
    RIP Criminal Scum! Type 10 got what he deserved
    Originally Posted by Earth Ultimatum IV. View Post (Source)
    GriEfEr pUnishEd
    Originally Posted by Sole Hunter View Post (Source)
    feels good to kill someone doesn't it?
    See....I'm not so sure....I'll explain in 4, 3, 2, 1...

Originally Posted by Powderpanic View Post (Source)
    OMG OP!

You are a griefer!!

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing
    This is where I have mixed emotions....because, am I? Let me explain.

Immediately after I had done it, I felt a satisfaction. I had done it. I had put the baddie down and justice had been served. Right? But then I started thinking about it...what had happened just before I dropped in? The CMDR in question was ranked "Novice" and he was in a Type 10. Maybe he had just been on his merry way into the station when an NPC Beluga came out next time and they both got stuck? In his haste to get out, did he do damage to the Beluga? And did the Beluga loiter and get KB'ed by the station? And did the Type 10 CMDR then become wanted?

I don't know.

I wonder if he was flying without rebuy? I wonder if it was a misunderstanding and now I'm on a KOS list somewhere. I never received any out of game XBL messages from him so I guess he wasn't too bothered...and for a novice to be cruising around in a Type 10, well, let's just say...eh, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Anyways, yeah, odd reaction

Sincerely

-Quasi-Greifer

They say your first kill is always the hardest.

Did you get a screenshot of the "You killed" notification in your CMDR history tab?

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    I thought about it...but I was within the no fire zone of the station, and being completely ignorant of PvP other than my ability to perfectly execute a Brave Sir Robin, I wasn't sure what would happen. Would the station shoot me? Would I incur a bounty (Didn't think so, because he was wanted, but wasn't sure)? So I rammed him...it worked.
    The only thing that happens is you get fined over and over again as many times as you pull the trigger. I once had a 3k fine for shooting an enemy CMDR at my home station x)

And no, you are no griefer for this.

People need to get this straight: a griefer is someone who shoots down the same person multiple times just to ruin their gameplay, just like a bully will kick you in the nuts over and over again just to ruin your day. And since the noob you shot was flying a T-10, either he wasn't a noob and knew what he was doing and killed another ship for lulz, or it serves him right since a noob in one of the big 4 is probably cash exploiting to get it. Either way, well done CMDR o7

Transgressor detected.
    Bounty confirmed.
    Justice dispensed.
    Ker-ching!

With a 200K bounty to turn in?
    I don't think you destroyed 'an innocent' .. that's 1000 reckless flying incidents to him, best case!
    A veritable liability to starport traffic in fact. o7 Cmdr

Agree with Cmdr Hellfire too .. at worst a racing incident .. but griefing? Nope.

Cheers, all, for the responses. I know it wasn't griefing. I was just being a little tongue in cheek trying to see it from his end. "I finally made it to Shinrarta! Oh noes, caught in the toast rack! Double oh noes! There's a CMDR in a big scary Cutter, and he's ramming me in the slot! Whew, I'm free! Booost, boooost, boooooost! Get away before he finishes me off....and there we go. Thanks Griefer McGangkyPants!"

Or something like that...

But Winterwalker is well spotted with the 200k bounty. He wasn't a choirboy.

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    Did you get a screenshot of the "You killed" notification in your CMDR history tab?
    Uh...no? I'm not sure that I even know where the CMDR history tab is. Is that a masterace thing us pleabey consolers don't have?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast