Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Apologize for this being spicy. But here it goes.

Apologize for this being spicy. But here it goes.

Over the years. The Developers of this game. Specifically Sandro Sammarco.

Has expressed various times that certain elements of the game should be restricted to open only.

One of the major issues I have seen here that's caused a lot of heartache. Is the Moderators get to voice their opinion. Instead of backing the developers thoughts and directions of the game.

I dont think its fair people in "power". Get to dictate threads or go against what the developers want in threads just because they would be against it.

There has been A LOT of people affected by this issue.

In my past Experiences if people wanted to voice their opinion on things like that. They would need a different account. One thats not attached to the one thats in "power". If anything they should be straight forward.

They should be the first lines of communication with the community. So everyone is under the same understanding for what the developers want. Especially when they know better.

I dont think people opinions should be taken away. But I also think that if the people making the game are making the decisions. We shouldn't have people derailing/dictating threads because they dont like it, like they have in the past.

It makes things really difficult for the community and the developers at the same time sending mixed signals.

I had to give your post a really hard read, I have to admit, but is what are you implying that moderators express their opinions and it somehow... hurts the game?
    And your solution is for the mods to have a second account where would they go against the developers and on their mod account they would support them?

That's... umm. Wow.

Moderators have no "power". They are policing the forum according to the rules of the forum. That is all they do and it has nothing to do with the game development. Other than that, they are people like you and me. Why would they need to hide behind fake accounts if they wanted to voice their opinions?

This thread has been alive for over 4 hours. OK the football is on and England were playing.

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Over the years. The Developers of this game. Specifically Sandro Sammarco.

Has expressed various times that certain elements of the game should be restricted to open only.

One of the major issues I have seen here that's caused a lot of heartache. Is the Moderators get to voice their opinion. Instead of backing the developers thoughts and directions of the game.

I dont think its fair people in "power". Get to dictate threads or go against what the developers want in threads just because they would be against it.
    Just a quick (but serious) question: Are you using a random generator to place your dots?

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Just a quick (but serious) question: Are you using a random generator to place your dots?
    Ye.ah .My gramma.r and pun.ctuation. is li.ke pre 3.0 En.gineer.s.

Moderators on this forum have always been able to voice their opinions in a thread and take part in discussions. It is typical for mods who are active participants in a discussion to recuse themselves from moderating in the thread. In addition complaints about moderators are reviewed carefully and yes - sometimes we gets slaps or worse when we don't perform to Frontier's expectations. We are just volunteers and FD are quite capable of replacing us at their leisure.

Having alt accounts for moderators has been floated a few times but has not been something that is deemed necessary.

I thought unless a mod posts as a mod thus taking themselves out of the discusion, they are just another player expressing their views.

To say they have "power" past sending a mail telling people to stick to the rules or to think they should tow the party line just because they are mods of a forum and serve at FD plesure is a bit much.

Unless they post as a mod I treat thier posts the same as anyone elses. As for first lines of commucation with the community, I thought that was why we had four community managers who are employed by FD to do just that.

The more I read the OP the more I wonder just how spicy the tequlia might have been as it really reads like a drunk post. As far as I know the Devs aka FD aka those who make the game have never derailed a thread.

Also just who are these people who have been afected by a mod posting as a player not as a mod as apartenly there is a lot of them.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    Moderators on this forum have always been able to voice their opinions in a thread and take part in discussions. It is typical for mods who are active participants in a discussion to recuse themselves from moderating in the thread. In addition complaints about moderators are reviewed carefully and yes - sometimes we gets slaps or worse when we don't perform to Frontier's expectations. We are just volunteers and FD are quite capable of replacing us at their leisure.

Having alt accounts for moderators has been floated a few times but has not been something that is deemed necessary.
    Some of this stuff thats gone on around here has been pretty unacceptable.

You cant have people that identify as mods. Directly say things like they are going to sue because frontier wants to make certain elements of the game work. And try to say anything possible to talk them out of doing those things.

The Mods should be backing what the developers say. And have been saying for a long time.

They should be handing out CURRENT information. And not what Brooks said years ago. Things have changed.

It doesn't matter if they like it or not. There should be no reason I was met by two specific mods, one of them no longer. Everytime this stuff was brought up.

They should be communicating things clearly that are up to date from the developers.

Im just going to say it. Robert maynard has done nothing but intentionally misquote Sandro and fight this stuff the whole way. Hes literally led a group of people to try to stop this FOR YEARS!.

Remember that time you told me I was carrying a cross? I do. What did Sandro finally say about Open Only? There is a reason I was carrying that cross. And Ill carry this one too.

There are parts of the game that are simply unbalanced. And its not fair to the community involved all because some guy with blue letters doesn't want to get shot at in a video game. So they get to opt out of being stopped while attacking another player base?

I dont think so.

EDIT: And you cant deny its not being done. Because its all over the god damn place.

Seems you confuse mods with community managers.

No one is misquoting Sandro harder than you. Though misquoting is probably not the right word, misinterpreting with a lot of bias would probably fit better.

Seems you confuse mods with community managers.
    The community managers aren't giving out false information and trying to control a conversation with that false info. There is a lot more going on here than some guy giving his opinion.

"No one is misquoting Sandro harder than you. Though misquoting is probably not the right word, misinterpreting with a lot of bias would probably fit better."

Ive been right the whole time. Remember that buddy.

So, this is no different than Boss>Manager>Assistant Manager.

I would be a customer. Given the wrong information because the assistant manager doesn't like what the company wants to do. So they are trying to do it their way instead.

Does that make sense?

The community managers aren't giving out false information and trying to control a conversation with that false info. There is a lot more going on here than some guy giving his opinion.
    Formally that's right. But the very moment you turn a proposal or a basis for discussion into a fact it is. But then it is your fault, not Sandro's. Creating false expectations though is what I blame Sandro for and you are the best example where this is going.

And how can you be right about something that no one has seen yet?

Over the years. The CEO of this game. Specifically David Braben.

Has expressed various times that all elements of the game should be mode agnostic.

He
    should be the first line of communication with the community. So everyone is under the same understanding for what the developers want. Especially when he knows better.

You cant have people that identify as mods. Directly say things like they are going to sue because frontier wants to make certain elements of the game work. And try to say anything possible to talk them out of doing those things.

The Mods should be backing what the developers say. And have been saying for a long time.

They should be handing out CURRENT information. And not what Brooks said years ago. Things have changed.

It doesn't matter if they like it or not. There should be no reason I was met by two specific mods, one of them no longer. Everytime this stuff was brought up.
    Honestly, I can't see an issue. Mods don't get +1 to Opinons, just because they are a Mod.

Do you think that Mods should toe the party line, or be seen as mouthpieces for FDEV? Is that the issue?

Formally that's right. But the very moment you turn a proposal or a basis for discussion into a fact it is. But then it is your fault, not Sandro's. Creating false expectations though is what I blame Sandro for and you are the best example where this is going.

And how can you be right about something that no one has seen yet?
    No Picommander. They have been trying to tell the community they have been wanting to do this for a long time. This is not the first time its been brought up. And even during powerplays release at least. They specifically say its meant for Direct Player Vs Player Combat. People are taking objectives without it. Which in turn led to griefing because the community does not understand what PVP is for.

Anyways back on the topic here. Sandro has tired to explain this in many different ways over the years. But not once did he try to back their play. Simply because they are against it. All the while carrying the weight of a mods voice.

In other games and this one too..... QA testers and all sorts of people look at threads. Maybe there is certain skills and abilities that are specifically being looked at.

And when all thats drowned out by giant bias walls of information, or someone intentionally going out of the way giving out the wrong info with the SAME group of people that follow in 5-10 minutes after something was posted like that.

It makes it really difficult for the people looking into that stuff. And when you have someone spouting out false info on top of all that. Giving a false premise to the community, It does more harm than good over the years.

False info' & bias = stuffs I don't agree with so ban it. No thanks lets stick with realative freedom of speech.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast