Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Apologize for this being spicy. But here it goes.

VIVE La REVOLUTION!

Let's overthrow the government and put Gareth Southgate in charge

Originally Posted by Rob At Work View Post (Source)
    VIVE La REVOLUTION!

Let's overthrow the government and put Gareth Southgate in charge
    I too own a Vive and believe in the revolution.

So basically a "lets have Open Play" thread then, insisting Mods be forced to proselytize Open play.

(I am getting a bit browned-off by PvP types wanting to force players into their reservoir of "content" opportunities.)

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    No Picommander. They have been trying to tell the community they have been wanting to do this for a long time. This is not the first time its been brought up. And even during powerplays release at least. They specifically say its meant for Direct Player Vs Player Combat. People are taking objectives without it. Which in turn led to griefing because the community does not understand what PVP is for.
    Not sure how to read that. I'm no native speaker though, please keep that in mind. Do you really think everyone who doesn't like PvP doesn't understand it? And, in return, everyone who does understand PVP automatically loves it? That's how it reads to me at least.

I mean, I do understand cars but hate them obsessively, almost in the same way like the '68 generation was hating bourgeois. So understanding and loving something doesn't have to be the same.

I never would dare to say I understand PvP, my experience in that sort of gameplay is just too thin. Whenever I tried, I was disgusted almost immediately (I have to wonder, CQC seems the only exception here so far). I guess I know why; and if I'm true it's certainly a childish attitude: I just hate shooting other persons, even if it's nothing but a pixelated representation. But I can't or don't want to play games with a different, more objectified mindset - this would bore me to death. I don't really expect that this all makes any sense to you. But trust me it's not about superiority as in 'my way is better than yours', it's just as is and probably a huge gap of age over 2 generations.

No reason to hate each other though or make a big fuss about. My son for instance is a game developer and currently involved in a very promising PUBG variant (Islands of Nyne, whose early access was released today). As you can imagine, I certainly don't hate him for not sharing my gaming preferences - and vice versa. In fact I'm very proud of him. He's a decent and tolerant guy and somewhere in the middle generation between us two (if my guessing about your age is halfway true).

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Not sure how to read that. I'm no native speaker though, please keep that in mind. Do you really think everyone who doesn't like PvP doesn't understand it? And, in return, everyone who does understand PVP automatically loves it? That's how it reads to me at least.

I mean, I do understand cars but hate them obsessively, almost in the same way like the '68 generation was hating bourgeois. So understanding and loving something doesn't have to be the same.

I never would dare to say I understand PvP, my experience in that sort of gameplay is just too thin. Whenever I tried, I was disgusted almost immediately (I have to wonder, CQC seems the only exception here so far). I guess I know why; and if I'm true it's certainly a childish attitude: I just hate shooting other persons, even if it's nothing but a pixelated representation. But I can't or don't want to play games with a different, more objectified mindset - this would bore me to death. I don't really expect that this all makes any sense to you. But trust me it's not about superiority as in 'my way is better than yours', it's just as is and probably a huge gap of age over 2 generations.

No reason to hate each other though or make a big fuss about. My son for instance is a game developer and currently involved in a very promising PUBG variant (Islands of Nyne, whose early access was released today). As you can imagine, I certainly don't hate him for not sharing my gaming preferences - and vice versa. In fact I'm very proud of him. He's a decent and tolerant guy and somewhere in the middle generation between us two (if my guessing about your age is halfway true).
    Go back and re read the thread. Ive addressed this and to a point so has Sandro(about 3-4 times). And were not going to come down to explaining one little part of this veering off topic. Either pay attention or dont.

This all about risk vs reward when it comes to groups of people. Hes simply taking advantage of ZERO Risks vs the player group hes attacking. Like they are playing the game vs NPC's while being able to intentionally attack a player base. If the NPC's that are literally meant to be farmed to make a difference are the only one standing in the way between two groups of players. Then they have 0 risk at all.

If you dont understand that.

The guy obviously understands how its supposed to work.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Not totally unexpected - even if it goes much further than your previous musings....

I doubt that it will be long before demands are made to do the same to the BGS, Factions, CGs, etc. as well - as the precedent of removing access to existing pan-modal content from Solo and Private Groups will have been set.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6696931

Now there are two things happening here.

They have either intentionally brigadded this stuff because they are against it. Or they are intentionally brigadding this stuff looking for feedback showing up anywhere its possible.

I dont believe anyone including yourself is really dumb to this situation.

You guys get it.

Is this thread about moderator bias or is it just a continuation of the other Open Powerplay thread(s)? I'm genuinely confused. If it's the former then please stay on that topic. If it's the latter, well... we have existing threads for it.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    Is this thread about moderator bias or is it just a continuation of the other Open Powerplay thread(s)? I'm genuinely confused. If it's the former then please stay on that topic. If it's the latter, well... we have existing threads for it.
    Of course you are. Start over from the beginning.

Its pretty damn clear.

Moderators are allowed to express their opinions. Get over yourself! You keep tilting at those windmills, awaiting for deliverance....while the rest of us know that nothing will change this year...at least....if ever.

Of course you are. Start over from the beginning.

Its pretty damn clear.
    No, actually it isn't. Nobody in this thread really knows where you're heading with this. Some clarification would come really handy.
    If you're discussing moderators, that's forbidden and if you're discussing PvP, you've created a duplicate thread in a completely wrong part of forum. In either case it should be closed, so you better come up with a summary that can justify this discussion.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    No, actually it isn't. Nobody in this thread really knows where you're heading with this. Some clarification would come really handy.
    If you're discussing moderators, that's forbidden and if you're discussing PvP, you've created a duplicate thread in a completely wrong part of forum. In either case it should be closed, so you better come up with a summary that can justify this discussion.
    No its pretty clear. And if the mod specifically in question has brigadded this topic in public. Ill discuss it in public.

All anyone has to do, is go look at their history. Especially in the Modes of Elite section along with The Hotel California threads. Where they bombard anyone new coming in about this topic. Handing out old information that contradicts TODAYS INFORMATION. And by todays information, Im talking about 2-3 years worth.

They are perfectly aware of what they are doing.

I have made it clear. Go read.

Right. First, I don't know who this "mod in question" is so I can't really check their posting history, but that doesn't matter - their opinion has the same value as mine or yours and as long as they don't break the forum rules, they can say whatever they want. Why do you have a problem with that?

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Right. First, I don't know who this "mod in question" is so I can't really check their posting history, but that doesn't matter - their opinion has the same value as mine or yours and as long as they don't break the forum rules, they can say whatever they want. Why do you have a problem with that?
    I suggest you re read through this thread. And try and understand whats happening here.

Ill give someone the benefit of the doubt once. Not twice.

I've explained in depth what exactly has happened.

Sorry, I give up.
    Have fun on your crusade.

Go back and re read the thread. Ive addressed this and to a point so has Sandro(about 3-4 times). And were not going to come down to explaining one little part of this veering off topic. Either pay attention or dont.
    Where have you learned arguing? Whenever someone answers to a concrete post of yours you're directing him back to start. This talk was fun but is over now, thanks.

Ah, and I'm not going to put you on ignore. I have a somewhat morbide faible for this sort of entertainment...

I suggest you re read through this thread. And try and understand whats happening here.

Ill give someone the benefit of the doubt once. Not twice.

I've explained in depth what exactly has happened.
    I suggest you should try to stop being rude to people.

The situation is quite simple - if you have a complaint about a moderator's actions then you raise it by PM to Brett - you don't discuss moderation actions on the forum.

Personally I think you are being disingenuous and are using this part of the forum to try to exert leverage on moderators to get them to act in a biased fashion towards Open Play and to have them support anyone who makes posts exhorting people to use Open Play.

Frankly, I think your effrontery is extraordinary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast