Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its all gone down hill

Its all gone down hill

Wow what a week.

Two gripes that most people will agree with but I know a load of you will just say "suck it up buttercup", but you are wrong so there

My wingman tagged a normal pilot the other day and I was the one labelled with killing them. I went to pay the fine and found there wasnt one so thought nothing more of it. That is until i came to upgrade and alter my modules. Every one of them had a cherry beside it, and not knowing what it was I didnt think much of it (to my great expense). I removed the modules so I could go visit Palin on a long jump range, and after doing so I came back to find I couldnt swap modules about unless I payed a Ryan Air Flight cleaning fee.
    "Sod that for a game of soldiers" I thought, so I hunted down where I had got this stupid criminal record and went off and paid the fine. Does that clear the cleaning bill.. Does it naff.

GRIPE # 1 : If you have removed modules and pay the original fine then it should clear the modules of the associated record and thus negate the cleaning fee. NOT lumber someone with a 25,000,000 credit rip off for a crime fine that was only 5,200 credits.

Now my second issue with this downward spiralling game is the Space cadets in control (or lack of) of Space Dock Control. Do they do anything except greet you and threaten you with death for loitering. Nope. They warn a giant cutter that it must give way to larger ships; which I will gladly do, if they can fit an Interdicter in a space station. Or they could actually perform as real traffic controllers and prioritise which ships can enter and leave the space dock and when they can do it. Not just sit back and do their nails while a sidewhiner has priority over a laden cutter, pull up into it as the cutter leaves the mail slot, dies as a splat on the underbelly, and causes the super inefficient air head traffic contollers to go reaching for the Pew Pews while typing "You got a fine for reckless flying". Have a guess how much that little malarky cost me. Yup another 25 nillion hard earned credits.
    There is no order or consistency to the ships joining and leaving the space dock. Its a nightmare which we have to put up with. You are obeying the law and maintaining the legal speed, only to be knobbled by an inexperienced pilot (not) being guided by the Ray Charles of the Controller Fraternity. Its insane how several craft trying to leave the space dock have to give way to one small ship that is entering. No real person in their right mind would allow that. I really do hope that F-Dev read this and realise how ineffective their traffic controllers really are. "Give way to larger ships" i keep getting told, but the AIs dont have that same rule and I as a CMDR suffer for it.

GRIPE # 2 : Sort out the morons who are meant to be managing and controlling ships in and out of the dock. Its about time they put down their cards and also stopped playing Twister, all the while doing their nails. Get them to do some training and learn how to do their job properly.

I have sucked this up for as long as I can, but tonight was the final straw and I had to do my job as an Englishman and write something down voicing my displeasure with things. BTW dont even get me started on the England football team. They will certainly be getting an angry and heavily typed email off me. I know my fingers will be sore coz I will be hitting these keys so hard.

In all seriousness though, I do feel the above two opinions should be looked at as they are unfair.

If you read this far then thank you CMDR and I wish you prosperous and safe flying. oo7

Update:

Woohoo here comes another gripe about that damn Crime and Punishment system that puts North Korean justice to shame.

I was minding my own business, flying about a Haz Res and merrily shooting at wanted pirates for the Cg, when one of my lasers slid from hitting the bad guy and the light from the beam shone on a stupid, whiney, snowflake, millenial pilot's ship. Up went his arms and i hear his screams of anguish as my beams lightly grazed his shields. Immediatley the annoying message of "you have a 100 credit fine for offending a liberal snowflake" flashed on my screen and i had to cease fire my fighter and retract my turret so as not to cause any more offence to the space muppet. They of course felt they had the right to try attack my ship. I hightailed it out of there with a wanted label on me, all because El Pratto couldnt tell the difference between a stray shot and a determined and sustained attack on him/her/it.
    Now i am aware that stray shots happen and yes i can accept that i got the fine, but i thought FDev had said they had sorted out this issue and made the damage sustained be more. Not so in this case. It was a glancing shot and all hell broke loose from the tiny man in the tiny ship. Then to add insult to injury, when i docked and wanted to pay the fine it turned out to not just be a fine but i full blown court hearing and sentencing from the judge; all for measly f%&*ing 100 credits. HAND YOURSELF IN and i am then shipped off to Space Prison.
    Now the crime and punishment system has really ruined this game for me. It has no grading, just YOU ARE GUILTY and must die or YOU ARE GUILTY and must spend eternity being afraid to bend over in the showers, or YOU ARE GUILTY and pay us stupid amounts of money for no other reason than to just hack you off.
    Why should i bothert playing this game anymore if ATC are fictional except when it comes to killing you because an AI wasnt watching where they were going, or when you perform an accidental infraction and are labelled the ultimate villain and hammered with huge fees.
    Maybe I should send Frontier the bill for my computer and ancillaries I purchased to play this now unplayable game.

GRIPE # 3 : Crime and Punishment is naff. Its poorly thought out, more of a hindrance to game play. The Ais need a damn good swift kick in the posterior because they can freely hit your ship with stray shots, but you so much as point a gun in their general direction and its curtains for you. To be sent to space prison for a 100 credit fine is ludicrous, and just down right annoying.

I have now had my whinge for the day. I have put up with these issues for enough but to have them all happen within a week is just stupid. Bad coding and not properly thought out systems, to please a minority liberal snowflake fraternity has ruined this game, or ruining it at least.

Suck it up buttercup... Happy now?

just maybe it's not a game.

OP has my sympathies.

#1 is just plain nuts.

#2 is pretty frustrating too.
    It particularly hacks me off when, as a good little drone, I lift off in my T10, head toward the mailslot and see, say, an AspX coming the other way.
    I stop, wait while it goes past and then throttle up to...
    Oh, hang on. Here comes an Orca. better wait for that too.
    And, by the time the Orca's cleared the mailslot, there's a Clipper coming in too.

I don't like to do it but, on occasion, I've throttled up to 95m/sec, collected up a Cobra/T6 and dragged it back out of the mailslot with me, usually resulting in it getting wedged in the toast-rack and going boom.
    That'll learn 'em.

Now turn those little gripes into lessons.

Every part of a wing is responsible, for each members actions.

Sit outside the slot and watch and you will learn that if it can fit on the correct side; an NPC can. The radar can also be useful.

So this is what true english looks like. I quite like it ! We need more unfair scenarios like this so you come back and write more

Originally Posted by ThaBoot View Post (Source)
    just maybe it's not a game.
    wat ?

OP has two good points, and thankyou for summarizing them succinctly and colorfully in the red writing

As far as the Traffic Control is concerned, it was a touch of genius to include them, but their failing immediately became obvious. I'm not so sure it's too difficult to code them to respond to what is actually happening is it? Probably more a "we don't have time" at present, but perhaps we will see it gradually introduced as the years go by.

Throughout the galaxy, Space Dock Control is staffed exclusively by sacked telephone sanitisers, because there are a lot of them, they have to go somewhere, and the consensus for where has unfailingly been "very far away."

It is best to keep this in mind when relying upon them for your safety.

As for the first gripe, a proper Englishman would find some way to needlessly involve the local council in this matter.

Wish they'd include an option for the docking computer to include space station exits. Used to hate taking my Anaconda out through the mail slot.

So you blame the game for your poor wingman and then poor choice of removing the modules??
    Then choose to blame the game again because you were speeding and it resulted in you killing someone?
    Seriously mate? The modules costing extra is a bit rubbish but if you left them attached there wouldn't have been a problem. Its just hard to be sympathetic towards you when your actions certainly didn't help anything.

OP - It sounds as though you wish the traffic controllers to adhere to maritime rules i.e.: smaller faster (or powered) ships have to give way to larger slower (or unpowered / sailing) ones, because they can manouvre better.

Great idea, but the problem is to do that FDev would have to code an intelligent AI, and a bunch of checksums to manage all the traffic according to what would happen in real life.

And as you've seen, they don't know how.

Looks to me like it;s all based on a "first request, first granted" basis and taking absolutely NO ACCOUNT of the ship, size and manouvreability.

Is it your fault the ff stupid AI tried to shove a sidewinder through the same space being occupied by a cutter? NOPE.

I'd make a ticket to get both refunds as it's obvious neither situation was your doing, and it's just FDev's bad code.

As for "paying the fine SHOULD clear modules that were present during the crime" - well this game is full of "should's", but not so many "would's".

Clearly even though the modules get flagged, that flag / fine system isn't intelligent enough so that paying the fine doesn't remove the flag after when they are stored.

FDev didn't think of that, it seems. Logic isn't FDev's greatest skill.

Originally Posted by Freelancer Knux View Post (Source)
    So you blame the game for your poor wingman and then poor choice of removing the modules??
    Then choose to blame the game again because you were speeding and it resulted in you killing someone?
    Seriously mate? The modules costing extra is a bit rubbish but if you left them attached there wouldn't have been a problem. Its just hard to be sympathetic towards you when your actions certainly didn't help anything.
    one - if HIS WINGMAN clipped a non hostile, why should HE get the fine?

do YOU get fined or arrested because some bloke nearby started a fight? If you are sitting in the SAME CAR and the DRIVER causes a crash do YOU get charged and arrested? Wingman or not, they are NOT the same person.

Two - paying a fine is PAYING A FINE. The fact that those modules had been removed and stored means nothing, if FDev create a system that flags modules that were present on a ship during the crime, then that same flag system should UNFLAG THOSE SAME MODULES REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY ARE WHEN THE FINE HAS BEEN PAID. It's another simple checksum.

Three - you and FDev are saying that he should not remove the modules before paying the fine..... and to that I say WHY? Crime = flag. paying fine = UNFLAG.

This is as stupid as the police requesting that to pay a fine you have to wear the SAME OUTFIT you were wearing when you committed the crime - ALL OF THEM, SOCKS, UNDERPANTS, HAT, JEWELLERY, WHAT WAS IN YOUR POCKETS, BELLY BUTTON FLUFF and if you are not or you can't or they are at home, then you're not allowed to pay the fine, and the moment you leave the police station you get shot for not clearing the fine.

I'd love you to explain what the purpose is of not clearing flagged modules that have been put into storage AFTER PAYING THE FINE WILLINGLY, when the modules that remain on the ship are cleared without issue.

PLEASE, do tell what amazingly logical reason there is for this.

*waits intently*

Here's a wild idea for the whole busy mail slot traffic situation

2 slots.

BOOM! yeah I said it.

2 slots - one in. one out.

It's nuts I know, right?

Originally Posted by Spydah View Post (Source)

GRIPE # 2 : Sort out the morons who are meant to be managing and controlling ships in and out of the dock. Its about time they put down their cards and also stopped playing Twister, all the while doing their nails. Get them to do some training and learn how to do their job properly.
    They should just hang the guy who thought one entrance/exit was a good idea. Imagine just for a moment, that everyone entered and exited the same way, one slot at the front and one at the back of the station? Crazy right?

Originally Posted by Spydah View Post (Source)
    Every one of them had a cherry beside it
    I thought those were testicles.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast