Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67

Thread: Its all gone down hill

  1. #46
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    yeah, and logically i have to disagree with both of you

    let's see. i'm not blaming the game for that specific crime, but for offering options that make no sense, specifically this one:



    by definition you cannot know if the stranger is or not "a psycho". the game offers no screening, history or clues you could rely on to assert this and make your decision. all you can do is open the slot and let people jump in, you won't know until it's too late and they already put you and your ship on the line. who would incur this risk for nothing? i'm sure any sane recommendation you two would give is "don't let strangers board your ship", and i might concur. then what is the point of this option at all and why is the punishment so severe? really sounds like the game is trolling players.

    i might be missing some specific mechanic of multi-crew, i've never used it myself, happy to be enlightened. i know (vagely) you can close slots, i.e., the gunner post. that makes sense, but don't you see the contradiction? the game is inviting you to play with strangers and at the same time puts you at considerable disadvantage for indulging. i would totally support your argument if we're talking about people in friend lists, your player group, etc ... an actual crew. there you choose people you can trust, and you are responsible. but this whole telepresence thing is actually nothing but a sort of matchmaking mechanism, by definition random. well, in random matchmaking you might get a bad game, this is expected, you loose that game and that's it. getting millions in fines bound to your ship while the offender just rotflhaos is ... clearly the game's fault. i couldn't imagine worse marketing for multicrew. unless i'm missing something.
    I get your point: I have asked in the past for some form of Commander history marker. Eve, has this sorted and something similar could be used here. The multi-crew option, is like a lottery at this time, unless you know the other player.

  2. #47
    Originally Posted by Arry View Post (Source)
    Eve, has this sorted and something similar could be used here.
    shhhhh!!!
    the feds might be reading!!!

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by taotoo View Post (Source)
    #1 happened to me and support helpfully informed me that the game behaves like that due to "community feedback".

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    shhhhh!!!
    the feds might be reading!!!
    I know that the E word is banned here, but I know the system they use, works, as a warning to other about a pilots history.

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by Rafe Zetter View Post (Source)
    I'm sorry... what?

    are they saying the "community" requested that NPC's flew into the back of you, or tried exiting the slot while your cutter was entering and there was simply NO ROOM?

    @ support ..... I don't beleive you, and respectfully (barely) request you provide proof - and even if you CAN provide proof, which I highly doubt, why on earth did you actually DO IT?

    I think the reality is the community asked for a more lively docking system and thus the audio was added, but as someone said the code was left the same - random docking and undocking wth no control of NPC's at all, just set scripts with no situational awareness built in, just like NPC combat for that matter.

    So whoever does the AI, it's his or her fault.
    No they're not saying that because I was clearly referring to #1 not #2. Consider my reply "respectful (barely)".

    Since you'll no doubt still want evidence, I will quote:

    "So there was a period of time where players were able to store hot modules from a ship.
    However, based on feedback from the community this was changed and you're no longer able to sell or store hot modules."

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by Freelancer Knux View Post (Source)
    So you blame the game for your poor wingman and then poor choice of removing the modules??
    Then choose to blame the game again because you were speeding and it resulted in you killing someone?
    Seriously mate? The modules costing extra is a bit rubbish but if you left them attached there wouldn't have been a problem. Its just hard to be sympathetic towards you when your actions certainly didn't help anything.
    I WASN'T speeding when I left the dock, the dopey ship that crashed into me wasnt heeding the "make way for larger ships" warning. As for the wingman thing i get it. Reread the OP and you will realise my gripe is about the overinflated cleaning costs STILL in place despite the original fine having been paid.

  7. #52
    Originally Posted by Arry View Post (Source)
    You can have all the highly regulated queuing system the human mind can think of, but that dose not mean squat to someone like me, running into the mail slot in my smuggling Clipper at close to twice the legal speed. Agreed I don't have to hit anything and very rarely do, but I would be ignoring any 'wait in line' system.

    Control your ship, use your radar and make concise judgements. Then be amazed at how easy it is to get in and out of the mail slot and not hit anything.
    Well, sure, that's easy enough to say at most stations...but at busy ones with lots of traffic it could make things easier - plus, with smuggling, I'd reckon it'd be important to take a smaller-profile ship that isn't so oversized for its mass like the Clipper is, and could easily 'slip' through the mail slot even with other ships coming and going.

    Possibly grounds for a tutorial addition!

    Originally Posted by Arry View Post (Source)
    I get your point: I have asked in the past for some form of Commander history marker. Eve, has this sorted and something similar could be used here. The multi-crew option, is like a lottery at this time, unless you know the other player.
    Hm. See, in Mobius, this isn't such a problem...because the nature of it being a private PvE group kinda excludes griefers by default.

    I suppose if there were an official PvE mode, that filter wouldn't be there as much, so there would need to be something more....

  8. #53
    Originally Posted by Spydah View Post (Source)
    I WASN'T speeding when I left the dock, the dopey ship that crashed into me wasnt heeding the "make way for larger ships" warning. As for the wingman thing i get it. Reread the OP and you will realise my gripe is about the overinflated cleaning costs STILL in place despite the original fine having been paid.
    Considering even if you kill a ship but are doing the speed limit there are no consequences, I find your statement hard to believe.

  9. #54
    Sometimes dodging ships in a cutter seems impossible when they converge on the mailslot just after you boost, but when you avoid a scratch and leave them in your dust its unreasonably fun for a simple undocking procedure.
    When u dont manage it, theres the loop of shame to go pay off your fine. The risk of having to slope back to redock embarrassed, or maybe worse if you really mess it up, is what gives a buzz when you thread the needle.

    If these ships were trying to dodge me when I do this, then theyd probly crash into me more than help, and id gradually resort to just cruising out in boredom as all scatter before me.

    The NPC mechanics as they are allow for fun as well as frustration, imo its a good balance as it is.

  10. #55
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    yeah, and logically i have to disagree with both of you

    let's see. i'm not blaming the game for that specific crime, but for offering options that make no sense, specifically this one:



    by definition you cannot know if the stranger is or not "a psycho". the game offers no screening, history or clues you could rely on to assert this and make your decision. all you can do is open the slot and let people jump in, you won't know until it's too late and they already put you and your ship on the line. who would incur this risk for nothing? i'm sure any sane recommendation you two would give is "don't let strangers board your ship", and i might concur. then what is the point of this option at all and why is the punishment so severe? really sounds like the game is trolling players.

    i might be missing some specific mechanic of multi-crew, i've never used it myself, happy to be enlightened. i know (vagely) you can close slots, i.e., the gunner post. that makes sense, but don't you see the contradiction? the game is inviting you to play with strangers and at the same time puts you at considerable disadvantage for indulging. i would totally support your argument if we're talking about people in friend lists, your player group, etc ... an actual crew. there you choose people you can trust, and you are responsible. but this whole telepresence thing is actually nothing but a sort of matchmaking mechanism, by definition random. well, in random matchmaking you might get a bad game, this is expected, you loose that game and that's it. getting millions in fines bound to your ship while the offender just rotflhaos is ... clearly the game's fault. i couldn't imagine worse marketing for multicrew. unless i'm missing something.
    I think this is where squadrons comes in, which should function as a pool of like-minded players from which you create wings/multicrew sessions.

  11. #56
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    by definition you cannot know if the stranger is or not "a psycho". the game offers no screening, history or clues you could rely on to assert this and make your decision. all you can do is open the slot and let people jump in, you won't know until it's too late and they already put you and your ship on the line. who would incur this risk for nothing? i'm sure any sane recommendation you two would give is "don't let strangers board your ship", and i might concur. then what is the point of this option at all and why is the punishment so severe? really sounds like the game is trolling players.

    i might be missing some specific mechanic of multi-crew, i've never used it myself, happy to be enlightened. i know (vagely) you can close slots, i.e., the gunner post. that makes sense, but don't you see the contradiction? the game is inviting you to play with strangers and at the same time puts you at considerable disadvantage for indulging. i would totally support your argument if we're talking about people in friend lists, your player group, etc ... an actual crew. there you choose people you can trust, and you are responsible. but this whole telepresence thing is actually nothing but a sort of matchmaking mechanism, by definition random. well, in random matchmaking you might get a bad game, this is expected, you loose that game and that's it. getting millions in fines bound to your ship while the offender just rotflhaos is ... clearly the game's fault. i couldn't imagine worse marketing for multicrew. unless i'm missing something.
    This is pretty-much how I feel about MC too.

    If I was ever to open a ship up to MC I'd end-up disabling pretty-much every module an MC "walk-in" had access to and then I'd have to carry out a "job interview", after which I'd decide whether or not to grant them probationary access to whatever system they were interested in using.
    By which time, of course, most walk-ins would be thinking "screw this guy!" and leave.

    Seems like the simplest way to remove this problem would be to absolve the ship-owner of responsibility for the actions of their crew.
    Perhaps a decent compromise (a bit like with dodgy passengers on a passenger ship) would be that your ship remains Wanted as long as the dodgy crewmember is aboard but if you kick them they take their status/fines/bounties with them?

  12. #57
    Docking as quickly as possible is, for me, the most exciting part of the regular game.

  13. #58
    The thing is i WAS within the speed limit. just some moron in a little ship crashed into me as he thought he had right of way (as the AI usually thinks) and subsequently became the proverbial splat on my windscreen (underbelly). I originally got a message and fine for dangerous flying and then felt the full force of that fully armed and operational space station, as his stupid craft (or its remanents I should say) bounce along my undercarriage and became space dust (much like i then did). It just smacks of unfairness and ruins the game for me. I might as well go stand with a bunch of snowflakes and say harsh words at them and watch them cry and call the police, because their sensibilities and stupid opinions have been assualted.

  14. #59
    Originally Posted by taotoo View Post (Source)
    No they're not saying that because I was clearly referring to #1 not #2. Consider my reply "respectful (barely)".

    Since you'll no doubt still want evidence, I will quote:

    "So there was a period of time where players were able to store hot modules from a ship.
    However, based on feedback from the community this was changed and you're no longer able to sell or store hot modules."
    If the game didnt allow me to store hot modules then how come i was allowed to, but then i couldnt fit them back on the ship that i committed the crime in so i could take them and pay off the original fine. The whole system has merits but is hindered and deformed by more faults and demerits.

  15. #60
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Confession time...

    Ages ago, I posted a thread in the suggestion forum proposing the idea that ships might be Wanted rather than players.
    The fact that anyone can instantly see who is piloting any ship kind of undermines that whole idea and their own C&P system. That's why Cmdr focused C&P makes more sense, but hey, the engineering tentacle reaches far...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast