Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Why benches, bathrooms and trash cans are not needed

  1. #61
    Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    But this isn't every theme park or zoo in the world. Don't pretend you don't understand how the game works.
    It's about understanding how the human body works and this is why every entertainment park/resort in the world has toilet blocks.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    That's kind of what I am getting at. Cause nothing says classy like eating your food out in the street right?
    Except, again, most major parks have street vendors sellings food and drinks you can walk about with. Have you ever actually been to a zoo or theme park that wasn't in a computer game?

  3. #63
    Originally Posted by JBento View Post (Source)
    Counterpoint: the only thing that's not needed are restrooms (which, ironically, are very much the ones that existed canonically in JP).

    You still need trash cans for guest-generated litter (like chocolate wrappers and paper tissues) and you still need benches, because sometimes people just want to sit down outside and enjoy the fresh air while listening to the melodic concerto provided by the orchestra of all species of hadrosaurians bellowing in a single enclosure.

    Exactly this. Any "high tech resorts" as OP called it would have benches and even more stuff like that, than our "local theme park, carnival or county fair". It generally feels like OP just tries to excuse developers at all costs (in the end, such a behaviour is never good)

    Originally Posted by Crobek View Post (Source)
    Except, again, most major parks have street vendors sellings food and drinks you can walk about with. Have you ever actually been to a zoo or theme park that wasn't in a computer game?
    He was, for sure. He just cannot admit that some people might miss these things. If he is happy with the game like this, itīs absolutely fine. Altough I wouldnīt be afraid to say that most people isnīt.

    OPīs argument is a nonsense anyway. You are supposed to BUILD this "high-tech resort". That means you need to pave the way to become one and in the mean time, you would use benches and other similar things. But entire argument is wrong, because even the most modern park wouldnīt stop using benches...

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Crobek View Post (Source)
    It's about understanding how the human body works and this is why every entertainment park/resort in the world has toilet blocks.
    The guests in this game don't even have a bathroom need. Also you know how the game works. They can use the bathroom in any of the shops.

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    Sorry but putting something in the game just cause you want to see it is not a valid reason.
    Unless the people that want said thing outnumber those who don't. You sure do like to use circular and false logic don't you.

  6. #66
    Originally Posted by Crobek View Post (Source)
    I think people are just starting to think your'e a bit of an oddball to be honest mate.

    I can probably speak for the majority when I say people want to create the most immersive, realistic and authentic parks possible and your no toilet, no bins, no benches stance is just not a reality that anyone is familiar with.
    Thank you

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Gondrasia View Post (Source)
    All major theme parks, including Jurassic World, have food and drink vendors. Adding them to the game not only makes it more realistic but also brings in a canonical feature from the movies.
    ❤ .... YES!!!

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    The guests in this game don't even have a bathroom need. Also you know how the game works. They can use the bathroom in any of the shops.
    If they donīt have a need, it means itīs feature they simply didnīt implement and they cannot use restrooms in the restaurants. Also usually, restrooms at restaurant are for customers only, so at any similar park, there should be separate toilet blocks.

  9. #69
    Why have a load of posts been purged?

  10. #70
    Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    A number of posts have been deleted because of flaming and some to clean up because they had quoted the posts.

    Please refrain from flaming, reply to the posts and not the poster.

  11. #71
    'not needed'

    Sure, if you're happy with the game as-is as an event management sim. Many are not, and want something more akin to a park builder to go with the already-existing management gameplay.

    Maybe stop criticizing those who want more depth to the game. Your opinion isn't any more valid than anyone else's.

  12. #72
    It is needed, desperatly needed. Right now there's litteraly nothing to spice up your park with. After finishing the five islands on 5star there's nothing fun to do. There's no way near enough content for sanbox to be any fun.

    The game is in desperate need for more content. It sadly has a lack of long-term depth.

  13. #73
    Dude, EVERY park has those. Including Disney parks, ESPECIALLY Disney parks. With all the walking you do in Disney World, even with the monorail they have, you'd be crazy not to want a bench to sit down at.

    Your argument against bathrooms has me convinced that you are just a contrarian, just because restaurants have bathrooms in them doesn't mean they can cover all guest potty needs. Like, seriously? You have a park that can and is expected to hold THOUSANDS of people at one time and you think like that the bathrooms in some of the facilities can meet that demand? Those bathrooms tend to be comparatively small if they even have them and some restaurants don't let people use their bathrooms unless they are a paying customer. This is why parks of this size have public restrooms, with the sheer quantity of people visiting they expect hundreds to be needing to take care of their business at once

  14. #74
    It's about verity.

    I personally want bathrooms, benches, trash bins, decor, ect. Are they needed ? no, but I feel it would give more options to the players. If you want to place a bathroom in your park, you should be able to. Real parks have real bathrooms. Real people have real bathroom needs. Most people at zoos and parks like to sit on benches. Rarely do people go into a crowded restaurant just to sit. It would just make things feel more alive. Real parks hire janitors, and other staff. It just adds a little more depth. You don't need to micromanage your entire staff, just the important ones like the Rangers and ACU. The Janitors wouldn't need to be managed as heavy. They would just do their job (keep parks clean, ect). Restaurants and other buildings could still help with bathroom and other guest needs, but it would be nice if the player had a choice. If you wanted to place a bathroom or bench instead of a building, that's your choice. Worried about Dino's running into trashcans and benches? Make it to were it shows the bins and benches are tipped over and smashed. You could even give the guests a need for wanting nice looking parks, and have it be effected to some extent on how broken down or dirty your park is. Storms would feel even more impactful, because a dirty broken park effects guest ratings, happiness, ect. Maybe the Dev's thought it would be too much, but to me the guests in Jurassic World Evolution seem lifeless almost - They serve no purpose other than to give money and to be eaten - YET there is a whole division dedicated to entertainment and to guest happiness. There could of been so MANY contracts that they could have come up with by just adding those few things. The trouble is JW just doesn't seem built for any kind of hard detailed park management. Also, map size becomes a problem at that point. I truly LOVE Jurassic Evolution, but it does feel like somethings missing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345