Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are Frag Cannons any use whatsoever?

Originally Posted by shustas View Post (Source)
    Around 500m
    I think its around 1000 actually, at least thats what they were shooting at when I tried them.

Originally Posted by Kamiyoda View Post (Source)
    I think its around 1000 actually, at least thats what they were shooting at when I tried them.
    When was that? I used a large frag turret a month ago. You cant hit much at 1km

Yes but i think 1k is about right for when turreted frags start engaging.

You can hit at 1km, though won't do much damage. 500m or less, G5 double shot (corrosive and oversized) x2 with 90% hitting bye bye! Aiming for widest part of adversary's ship. God it's fun. I have them on Chieftain, Challenger and Krait. Use the premium amo reload for that 30% increase for extra giggles.

Tell that to the turret AI, not me xD.

For anyone wondering, turrets decide to fire at half the maximum range of the weapon, engineering included.

Edit, oh and it was earlier today, I put frags on my Corvette

Been using them for awhile in my Viper Mk III. Lots of fun, especially against large ships. The PAs rip through their shields and make them sitting ducks, while the frags rip their components to pieces.

https://s.orbis.zone/1J14o6Pa

I've only used fixed frags. Hitting a ship 1-1.5km isn't hard to do at all because of the spread, though because of this you don't do a lot of damage unless it's a large ship from above or below. But for a ship that is fleeing on 5%, hitting them at about 1.8km is enough to finish them off.

Frag cannons, especially the pacifier variant, are possibly my favorite weapons in the game. If you have access to engineering, make sure you get corrosive on your target- it makes a huge difference for frags when attacking hull.

Originally Posted by bladebss View Post (Source)
    Yes but i think 1k is about right for when turreted frags start engaging.
    Frag turrets wont automatically fire until the target is 500m away or less.

*wince*
    *eye twitch*

Originally Posted by bigity View Post (Source)
    *wince*
    *eye twitch*
    Watch what happens to this asp once its shield falls, and I unleash my T-10's frag turrets:

PvP? Not a great idea. Trying to stay within 500m of someone is impractical. PvE? Hilarity ensues.

(Very handy when you're facing a rock because you're mining, but still want to trash NPCs that stray too close)

Pacifiers are good.

I don't really have a use for the reg frags.

There was a recent vindicator jones video which taught me about them.

You have to fly different to use them, but the major tradeoff is ammo. He suggested they fit well with assassination missions where you're not there killing things for a longer period of time.

Originally Posted by CMDR Karrde Sun View Post (Source)
    There was a recent vindicator jones video which taught me about them.

You have to fly different to use them, but the major tradeoff is ammo. He suggested they fit well with assassination missions where you're not there killing things for a longer period of time.
    As long as you only take good shots (waiting until you're close enough, etc.), their ammo actually goes pretty far. Used to be extremely limiting, but the ammo reserves got a major buff a while back. As a nice bonus, they take to high-capacity modding fantastically. Since their DPS is normally so heavily constricted by their reload time, doubling the size of the magazine has a substantial positive effect on their sustained DPS. High-cap frags are a lovely PvE weapon, once you get a feel for them.

Originally Posted by Frenotx View Post (Source)
    As long as you only take good shots (waiting until you're close enough, etc.), their ammo actually goes pretty far. Used to be extremely limiting, but the ammo reserves got a major buff a while back. As a nice bonus, they take to high-capacity modding fantastically. Since their DPS is normally so heavily constricted by their reload time, doubling the size of the magazine has a substantial positive effect on their sustained DPS. High-cap frags are a lovely PvE weapon, once you get a feel for them.
    Also true if you're using Corrosive rounds too, especially in MCs. High Capacity + Screening Shell is a good combo. Both HC5 and DS5 + Screening Shell have much higher sustained DPS than OC5.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast