Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Frag Cannons any use whatsoever?

I tryed turreted frag cannon on top of my krait, its realy nice! Extened mag with drag munitions and the turret only seems to engage when the enemy is close, usualy as it flys over the top of me doing a pass and take 6 frags to the belly, i initaly did it just for the drag effect but it has killed alot of ships buy suprise as they fly over me, i was realy impressed buy how usefull it was!

Extended mag or double shot do basicaly the same thing but double shot shoots faster but for less time, half as much infact. If you can shoot out all 6 shot when you need to extended mags is better i think

Originally Posted by Red Fox Four View Post (Source)
    I used these once... or twice... during Gamma or something back in 2014.

Are they any use at all?

I figured maybe I'll give them a chance... but they seem useless. Except on something like a Viper MK3 while shooting Asps and Clippers or some other huge target surface at point blank range.

Does anyone even use them?
    They are good for targeted assassinations (and player killers love them of course), but they are also too low on ammo to be fun for prolonged combat.

don't forget to throw some premium ammo on them to reach "ludicrous speed!"
    you've never seen a vette/conda/cutter pop so fast.

Originally Posted by Abil Midena View Post (Source)
    But could you do any good if you're in a Krait trying to kill anything smaller than a python/krait? If you put 2M lasers of choice, and 3L frag cannons, could you stay close enough to be effective vs a small/smaller ship?

Range claim is 2km, but that is probably a lie. Do you have to be point blank to do any good with frags?

Any vid of a python/krait killing small/smaller ships would be great.
    The only vid i could find on a quick search is from the really Excellent Mr Jones (Vindicator to his mates). See here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvU8EGkfRk )and just listen to the sheer joy in his voice as his targets get literally Shredded to pieces in seconds.

Enjoy

Originally Posted by bladebss View Post (Source)
    I tryed turreted frag cannon on top of my krait, its realy nice! Extened mag with drag munitions and the turret only seems to engage when the enemy is close
    I've heard this mentioned before for frags. I usually avoid all turreted kenetics because I don't want them to waste ammo trying to hit something a KM or more out. Does anyone have numbers on what ranges they'll actually try to engage at?

I'm using them currently on a DBS, farming pirate Vettes.

4 G5 double-shot, just dodge the purple balls of death and it's doable.

Originally Posted by ZIGRAT View Post (Source)
    I'm using them currently on a DBS, farming pirate Vettes.

4 G5 double-shot, just dodge the purple balls of death and it's doable.
    Especially in a Silent running DBS. Creep up from behind on a big ship (Cmdr), unload and he/she literally looks round in panic unable to see where this is coming from. I found you can get in about 4 or 5 shots before they panic and either boost away or low wake.

Does this work i hear you say? Yes it has been thoroughly tested tween '2 consulting adults'! Shooting in the rear whilst stealthy is just outrageous fun!

Originally Posted by CMDR Corlas View Post (Source)
    I've heard this mentioned before for frags. I usually avoid all turreted kenetics because I don't want them to waste ammo trying to hit something a KM or more out. Does anyone have numbers on what ranges they'll actually try to engage at?
    Around 500m

Hull shredders, but you need to be at close range.

Frags are OP but do exactly what they are meant to.

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing

Although I wouldn't recommend them for PVP since people will certainly have thermal engineered shields, in PVE being able to one-shot an Anaconda's shield with double shot incendiary frags is quite amusing.

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    Although I wouldn't recommend them for PVP since people will certainly have thermal engineered shields, in PVE being able to one-shot an Anaconda's shield with double shot incendiary frags is quite amusing.
    Say what now?

Frag is kinetic and has the highest DPS in the game.

You full frag a Thermal shield ship with a Challenger running Overcharged Frags and you are hitting the ship with 1K DPS and minimal resistance.

RIP that ship

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing

No, they suck. Nobody should ever use them.

Except me

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    Thermal resist if running bi-weaves. HD if not.

Also, frags are kinetic, and if you mod them to thermal - well, I don't know what to say about that except you did it wrong.

Yep, two medium incendiary and one large corrosive, all double-shot on the front of an Orca delivers a savage Go Away to NPCs trying to bother your passengers.

Oh yes!

I have a Cutter fully laden with fixed double-shot Frag Cannons all with different experimentals on them. It's BRUTAL !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast