Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Dangerous putting the sigh in sci-fi

Elite Dangerous putting the sigh in sci-fi

I love this game, but, there are some wrinkles that grind my gears.

1: NPC can charge FSD with weapons deployed.
    2: NPC can keep firing weapons as their ships melts.
    3: NPC can have 0% power plant and still use all weapons, thrusters, and shield cell boosters.
    4: NPC ships durability scales with their combat rank.
    5: NPC wings can regenerate full shields and hull when they change instance.
    6: NPC dialog is so cheesy, you need crackers on every flight.

I will boil you up -> Implodes 2 seconds after I deploy my weapons
    You fight a good fight -> Me trying to boost away in panic and hide behind asteroids with 10% hull and no shields.

Have some rep for possibly the best thread title I've seen in quite a while.

And it's a sigh from me regarding #6.

I agree and can identify with you on this one. Cmdr's have been complaining since day one about the NPC's unbelievable/unreal ability to defy logic.

I honestly believe FDev don't particularly care what we think. However as we know they don't want to fix half the other bugs continually mentioned within the game let alone this one.

I'm afraid this will also fall on deaf ears. But for the love of God FDev, Change the NPC's cheesy dialogs, or better still turn the things off your embarrassing yourselves.

Fly safe Cmdr's
    o7

Originally Posted by viper666 View Post (Source)

3: NPC can have 0% power plant and still use all weapons, thrusters, and shield cell boosters.
    Dude, chill your beans.

This has been happening since Alpha days!

Look at it like this, if its not fixed in 4 years then it probably wont ever be fixed.

So live with it, or play something else like me

There is also this mega-thread, which will make you sigh more: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...orld-integrity

Yes, all of this and more...so much more.

The NPCs in RES sites are so dumb, so mind numbingly stupid that the system authority ships have actually been sent crazy by it and are trying to kill each other.

I happened upon a bizarre and surreal scene the other day, 5-6 system authority ships in a massive furball, shooting each other surrounded by a group of spectating pirate ships. I swear I saw the pirates taking bets.

Can't make this stuff up.

But yes, if you do one thing, please for all that is holy stop the NPC spam text.

NPC's are NPC's and have NPCish benefits/limitations/characteristics/behavior. Hopefully you are smarter than them. Fight them like the NPC's they are...

If you want to fight enemies with the same behavior, equipment, and limitations you have - maybe PVP is the way to go?

Originally Posted by Quester91 View Post (Source)
    I will boil you up -> Implodes 2 seconds after I deploy my weapons
    You fight a good fight -> Me trying to boost away in panic and hide behind asteroids with 10% hull and no shields.
    "I didn't expect this" or "How is this happening" Well Mr NPC you're in an Adder and I'm in a Corvette

Originally Posted by evanevery View Post (Source)
    If you want to fight enemies with the same behavior, equipment, and limitations you have - maybe PVP is the way to go?
    PVP! now hang on a moment. That's crazy talk. People don't want a challenge.

OP solo some Thargoids, they are new and improved AI, plus they don't talk much - start with a Cyclops and move your way up.

Don't forget NPC super-interdiction skills. They can interdict you from impossible angles and distances, regardless of your speed. I'll be going between 200-500c on a long haul to a further system and some cocky NPC will go "well that wasn't difficult" and flip a tight U-turn and interdict me while I'm hauling ***. When I try it I have to wait until I at least match, or exceed my target's speed...even if I anticipated their arrival and started my turn early and came up on them at only 30ls away I have to wait for my speed to match, which often doesn't happen until they are almost at their destination...even if that's 250,000ls away. In fact I've heard of people getting interdicted when trying to reach top supercruise speed, at around 1500c+ and having to constantly start over again. I imagine they use a God Interdictor. I want a God Interdictor, too.

Originally Posted by Soon(TM) View Post (Source)
    Dude, chill your beans.

This has been happening since Alpha days!

Look at it like this, if its not fixed in 4 years then it probably wont ever be fixed.

So live with it, or play something else like me
    What about throwing that mindset finally over board so we can get things done
    and all have fun playing?

Originally Posted by Graelock View Post (Source)
    Don't forget NPC super-interdiction skills. They can interdict you from impossible angles and distances, regardless of your speed. I'll be going between 200-500c on a long haul to a further system and some cocky NPC will go "well that wasn't difficult" and flip a U-turn and interdict me while I'm hauling ***. In fact I've heard of people getting interdicted when trying to reach top supercruise speed, at around 1500c+ and having to constantly start over again. I imagine they use a God Interdictor. I want a God Interdictor, too.
    A 4A fsd at max speed has an unholy range. Run the numbers and be amazed.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    A 4A fsd at max speed has an unholy range. Run the numbers and be amazed.
    That's all I use lol. I still have to wait until my speed matches their pace to catch em, and the angle on any A-rated FSD is nothing compared to what an NPC can do when he decides to flip an impossibly tight u-turn and interdict you.

Do the NPC's still fire plasmas at 90 degree angle to the direction they're facing?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast