Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elite Dangerous putting the sigh in sci-fi

Originally Posted by Urbanski101 View Post (Source)
    Yes, all of this and more...so much more.

The NPCs in RES sites are so dumb, so mind numbingly stupid that the system authority ships have actually been sent crazy by it and are trying to kill each other.

I happened upon a bizarre and surreal scene the other day, 5-6 system authority ships in a massive furball, shooting each other surrounded by a group of spectating pirate ships. I swear I saw the pirates taking bets.

Can't make this stuff up.

But yes, if you do one thing, please for all that is holy stop the NPC spam text.

I've seen something of the sort before as well. It could be a side effect of a system in civil war, or it could be a more basic matter of it being something like this: 1. System authority vessel attacks pirate 2. System authority vessel mistakenly lands a missile/ charged shot on another system authority vessel in the process 3. victim of the blast flags the other Authority vessel as a pirate/ wanted/ hostile 4. All system authority vessels are now flagged as being associated with the instigator, based on mere association/ alignment and start attacking each other, or the fact that the one who started it may have been in a wing of other authority vessels. LOL

It is comforting to know that it doesn't just happen to me, and that it can happen to other authority vessels as well lol
    In the early days it was very hard to BH without stray fire making you Wanted in that system.

Agreed - in fact, isn't it about time we started a thread listing all the ways in which NPCs cheat!?

Originally Posted by Soon(TM) View Post (Source)

So live with it, or play something else like me
    Is that a come-on, you little tease?

What NPCs do is use FA: ON,
    i tested that with ion disruptor mines.
    They only slow down ships in FA: On
    -> NPCs are slowed down.

But NPCs have increased acceleration and turnrate in
    FA: On that no player can reach.

I'm sorry to disagree, really I am, but I LIKE the NPC dialog. It wouldn't be Elite without it. It's the same as the "top 1% of cruise liners out there"

Originally Posted by viper666 View Post (Source)
    I love this game, but, there are some wrinkles that grind my gears.

1: NPC can charge FSD with weapons deployed.
    2: NPC can keep firing weapons as their ships melts.
    3: NPC can have 0% power plant and still use all weapons, thrusters, and shield cell boosters.
    4: NPC ships durability scales with their combat rank.
    5: NPC wings can regenerate full shields and hull when they change instance.
    6: NPC dialog is so cheesy, you need crackers on every flight.
    Agree..agree..FDev PLEASE for the love of all things sci-fi attend to our pain on this... especially the cheesy dialogue...deep space silence would be preferable and as another poster put it so succinctly "FDev you ARE embarrassing yourselves!"

If I never hear again it will be TOO SOON!: "Remember this is one of the top 1% blah blah.... or "I haven't written my vows.. what should I put?"... nothing at all...NOTHING.....JUST SHUT THE WHATEVER UP!!!!!!!

3: NPC can have 0% power plant and still use all weapons, thrusters, and shield cell boosters.
    All of these are true. Especially number 6.

If i ever need the perfect one-liner for whatever occasion, may i contact you ?
    You summarized my entire ED experience with 7 simple words.

NPC with phasing beam.

Originally Posted by Deareim View Post (Source)
    NPC with phasing beam.
    This one seems like you would never want it for yourself anyway. Beams are for less time on target, which you would want more time on target for phasing surely?

The other day I was in my chieftain, I interdicted a t9 hauling stuff. It was out turning me and firing rails PAs and multi-cannons. I took like 10 mins to kill the abomination, that could nearly avoid me all the time.

One thing that bothers me in a HazRes is that every, I mean every, Conda flies right into you.
    When taking on a Conda I automatically put my Vette in reverse lest it just sticks to the nose of my ship.

Oh, and why are there so many security forces in a HazRes? All they do is fly right into my line of fire.
    I remember some time ago there were no security forces at all in a HazRes.

Originally Posted by Mxpower76 View Post (Source)
    "I didn't expect this" or "How is this happening" Well Mr NPC you're in an Adder and I'm in a Corvette
    I do so enjoy '...this can all stop if you give me XXXX credits of goods...' when the NPC is on their last 1% hull and my shields are still pristine.

'Yeah right!' mutters I, squeezing the trigger. 'Kaboom' goes them.

Originally Posted by Soon(TM) View Post (Source)
    Dude, chill your beans.
    This has got to be a contender for NPC dialogue.

Some great responses from you guys, love it. I have a new reply for NPC pirates, "Let me see what you have"........................."Big guns and plenty ammo, here, get some"

The fi stands for fiction.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast