Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 141

Thread: FRONTIER - The Lemon Campaign of 3304 calling all Small ship CMDRs

  1. #1

    FRONTIER - The Lemon Campaign of 3304 calling all Small ship CMDRs

    Hi Frontier... Its me again

    I started the Lemon campaign of 3303 i remember it fondly, loud outcries from beta forum folk saying it was a stupid idea....

    Campaign here

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...rs-help-me-out

    Beta thread here

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...17#post5228317


    The thought of reducing the mass and adding an optional slot to the DBx for those unfamiliar was a political hot potato, from folk saying you didn't need a AFMU to explore or shields for that matter, but the truth of the matter was Neutrons were added and players wanted to enjoy that content in ships they enjoyed flying.

    and proof was in the pudding, Frontier listened to us DBx & small ship geeks and look at the joy on players faces and the uplift in users (not to mention the LOVE) people then gave to the DBx once FD finally listened, adding a slot and reducing the weight following the lemon campaign actually made the Diamondback Explorer... a Exploration ship

    The Elite dangerous universe didn't spontaneously ignite neither did everyone start flying the DBx because it still had limitations with fuel scooping and was still outclassed by other ships.

    One again thanks for all your support CMDRs in a successful campaign





    But Fast forward one year and module proliferation has returned, now with the FSD booster those of us loving the game have been left with hard decisions you might say, well i say content blockers, i cant use the content unless i change ship - into a ship i detest, so i must therefore ignore the content or start another campaign... FD bring the old ships back in line to 3304s tech so we can continue enjoying the game or come up with better ways of implementing it.

    Yes the old argument will come back from the "you don't need an extra 10LY to explore" crowd because after all you don't need a ADS, AMFU, Shields or anything to explore tbh... but it makes it enjoyable to use what the game has to offer rather than ignore "content" FD are adding and forced to fly ships we don't enjoy just to get access to content.

    Small ships / big ships are already split with what modules they can fit in terms of size just give us access to that content in all ships much like the planetary landing module is available to all ships!

    I know there will be hate for this idea, i know how difficult the last one was and how much hate mail i got from folk who don't like change but please consider it because;

    A - The last balance fix didn't break anything
    B - Lots of people started to enjoy the DBx
    C - Small ships are great and can be end game ships

    The DBx was a great ship again for a while, sadly it along with others need either throwing in the bin or bringing back in line with 3304s tech.... Please

    im looking at you;

    Beluga
    Dolphin
    DBx
    DBs
    Asp Scout

    trust me i've heard it all before and im sure there will be the "its a passenger ship" "its a small ship" "get a conda" arguments... but Condas are better passenger ships, we can fit HRPS in passenger slots... so just unlock them or add more slots as modules are added to the game, neither of these are really a valid argument its all hand wavium

    im just seeking to improve the game... the last slot additions IMO improved the game.

    so for the above ships (maybe they'res others shout out below) .... Give us +1 slot or unlock a restricted slot, it fixed the DBx, it will fix 3.1... PLEASE

    So Rally with me CMDRs stand up and make ourselves heard once more i know your reading this Sandro Sammarco - and remember Fly your lemons proud




    #LemonCampaign

  2. #2
    Agreed 1000%.

    My DBX has been mothballed now because I, once again, can't fit everything I want for exploration. My Asp can now out jump AND outscoop my DBX, it has no meaningful advantages at all since 3.1.

  3. #3
    I will wait an see what they have in store for things like scanner and controller racks before making up my mind. If I can fit a DSS and ADS in one size 3 compartment, then that will give me the extra space to fit Guardian FSD booster.

  4. #4
    I'd give all ships an extra two small slots. Won't break anything and everyone will be happy.

  5. #5
    By the sounds of it, specialised restricted slots and module bays are the way that FD are heading for the Q4 update anyway. Hopefully this will alleviate the module creep somewhat and make the actual exploration ships more attractive as exploration ships.

  6. #6
    It's always about the DBX.

    What about the poor DBS? I love that ship, but haven't flown it for years because of its lack of internal slots. It's a combat explorer yet the poor thing can't explore because of a measly 4 slots.

    Show the DBS some love FD, One extra slot would give it the bare minimum to be a combat explorer, 2 would actually make it useful.

    *** Don't forget the DBS ***

    Give the poor, forgotten thing some much needed attention.

  7. #7
    Just quietly, every "Exploration"designated ship should have 2 C1 exploration slots (ADS+DSS) because, you know, they don't make C2 and C3 variants of these items...

    Z...

  8. #8
    frontier pls add free c8 scoop too

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    I will wait an see what they have in store for things like scanner and controller racks before making up my mind. If I can fit a DSS and ADS in one size 3 compartment, then that will give me the extra space to fit Guardian FSD booster.
    Yeah there's multiple solutions, the idea i posted above isnt the only answer, in hindsight the FSD booster perhaps should'nt have taken a slot and created module creep in the first place!, who knows, equally i don't know the development side of the Q4 update, but i do know from experience FD unless pushed wont do anything about it, Small ships will die if we don't shout up, i cant wait and see... effectively we have waited and seen in 3.1 the system inst fit for purpose for small ships and no consideration has been made, the same will happen for Q4

    Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    By the sounds of it, specialised restricted slots and module bays are the way that FD are heading for the Q4 update anyway. Hopefully this will alleviate the module creep somewhat and make the actual exploration ships more attractive as exploration ships.
    Please dont take offence when i say this - but we would be silly to think everything will be alright in Q4 as module creep never seems to get addressed unless we poke FD, Frontier could and should have thought about this before even implementing them in 3.1 with a full roll out plan.

    as designers they're just adding stuff but not looking at the bigger picture, it happens each update and we have to rally and get a half cooked fix in place - if its considered for Q4 then frontier need to get on the blower and lay their cards on the table, because at the minute it feels uncontrolled with no vision or strategic direction

    Originally Posted by Steed View Post (Source)
    It's always about the DBX.

    What about the poor DBS? I love that ship, but haven't flown it for years because of its lack of internal slots. It's a combat explorer yet the poor thing can't explore because of a measly 4 slots.

    Show the DBS some love FD, One extra slot would give it the bare minimum to be a combat explorer, 2 would actually make it useful.

    *** Don't forget the DBS ***

    Give the poor, forgotten thing some much needed attention.

    i did stick on scouts to my list but ill be more specific you're absolutely right though

    Originally Posted by pzykozomatik View Post (Source)
    frontier pls add free c8 scoop too
    No, thats not what this is about.

  10. #10
    I would have loved to put the Guardian FSD booster inside my FSD, the same way I put an SRV in its bay.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    trust me i've heard it all before and im sure there will be the "its a passenger ship" "its a small ship" "get a conda" arguments... but Condas are better passenger ships, we can fit HRPS in passenger slots... so just unlock them or add more slots as modules are added to the game, neither of these are really a valid argument its all hand wavium
    You're basically saying that all ships should be exactly the same and you're trying to refute all known and very valid arguments in advance.

    Well, I don't agree with you at all. If you want to go sailing, you're more than welcome to use an Optimist. I wouldn't recommend you to go far with it, but you can try - and in a game, you're not even risking your life. But then, if you want to cross the ocean, don't be a baboon, but you can sure use one.

    Seriously, JUST NO. IMO space should be far more dangerous than it is and leaving the bubble in a small ship should be a VERY risky endeavour. Right now, it is far from it. You want all the commodity of a large ship? Get one.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by space voyager View Post (Source)
    You're basically saying that all ships should be exactly the same and you're trying to refute all known and very valid arguments in advance.

    Well, I don't agree with you at all. If you want to go sailing, you're more than welcome to use an Optimist. I wouldn't recommend you to go far with it, but you can try - and in a game, you're not even risking your life. But then, if you want to cross the ocean, don't be a baboon, but you can sure use one.

    Seriously, JUST NO. IMO space should be far more dangerous than it is and leaving the bubble in a small ship should be a VERY risky endeavour. Right now, it is far from it. You want all the commodity of a large ship? Get one.
    +Rep

  13. #13
    There is always pushback to requesting ship changes, yes, but to many it was kind of clear the DBX should been six slots and had some sort of advantage from initial release. Price is meaningless in this game after a short while, the way finances are currently set up. Your "campaign" last year wasn't even close to the first time someone mentioned a DBX buff, and I doubt it was the cause of it. Some ships needed some buffs (because of initial design issues, not module creep), and some ships (not just the DBX) got them.

    I have one question though: Are you going to try to start a new "campaign" every time anything is added to the game that you want to use, but can't fit in to your idealized DBX build? Because that kind of seems like where this is going. Your arguments certainly leave that as the obvious conclusion.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by space voyager View Post (Source)
    You're basically saying that all ships should be exactly the same and you're trying to refute all known and very valid arguments in advance.

    Well, I don't agree with you at all. If you want to go sailing, you're more than welcome to use an Optimist. I wouldn't recommend you to go far with it, but you can try - and in a game, you're not even risking your life. But then, if you want to cross the ocean, don't be a baboon, but you can sure use one.

    Seriously, JUST NO. IMO space should be far more dangerous than it is and leaving the bubble in a small ship should be a VERY risky endeavour. Right now, it is far from it. You want all the commodity of a large ship? Get one.
    Whilst I'm not in full agreement with Kenneth on modules required for exploring there has been an increase in modules needed for the gameplay available.

    For the DBS when it was first introduced it was fine, scoop, ADS and DDS and you were on your way. Then horizons came and to land on a planet you need an SRV and shields (because not having them is dumb) and suddenly you can't explore properly in the combat explorer because it has 1 too few slots.
    Now the addition of guardian ruins needing cargo space for the missions, and the guardian FSD booster further increased the modules available and, as it stands, negates FDs balancing between the AspE and DBX.

    I'm all for making choices but within that ships with designated roles need to change in line with module changes to fulfill those roles.

  15. #15
    My Corvette needs more module slots too.
    Bigger guns as well, must have on the Vette. Please also reduce the hull mass to Anaconda levels and buff the FSD size by 2 eh?

    Lemons for all

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast