Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting the Great Journey

Originally Posted by UseLessUK View Post (Source)
    That's the ship I used when I went to Beagle Point, the 64 Ly jump range came in very handy a few times, it was unarmed and loved the trip even though it was "very" boring at times. With the FSD Boosters the jump range could now be increased easily.
    I'd love that kind of jump range. if I make enough on several pre-journey trips I may invest in an Anaconda.

DBX is a great ship, but on a long exploration tour you will go crazy because of the small fuel scoop.
    It's more a short range explorer imho.

Originally Posted by Godnamedthor View Post (Source)
    DBX is a great ship, but on a long exploration tour you will go crazy because of the small fuel scoop.
    It's more a short range explorer imho.
    I know, but I love the ship. Anaconda would be better, but I can't afford one. This trip would definitely help me get one, though. I may try a detailed tour of the bubble to get some funding.

Well I sold all but 3 or 4 of my ships to buy my first Anaconda from Ray Gateway, not sure if the discount is still available, but it was before I got access to Jameson Memorial.

It didn't cost that much to outfit it to be honest as most things were way lower in class than the slot they were filling. i.e. I used a 3A power plant, had to be engineered but most modules were lightweighted. Just knocked one up on coriolis and it does about 70 Ly with 4 SRVs, 2 SLF the one I used only had 2 SRVs and no SLF. Reason for the SLF, a mate recently went on a trip, and I joined him and took a SLF for a spin, was great fun.

In case you're interested: https://s.orbis.zone/H04-abqU

Well I sold all but 3 or 4 of my ships to buy my first Anaconda from Ray Gateway, not sure if the discount is still available, but it was before I got access to Jameson Memorial.

It didn't cost that much to outfit it to be honest as most things were way lower in class than the slot they were filling. i.e. I used a 3A power plant, had to be engineered but most modules were lightweighted. Just knocked one up on coriolis and it does about 70 Ly with 4 SRVs, 2 SLF the one I used only had 2 SRVs and no SLF. Reason for the SLF, a mate recently went on a trip, and I joined him and took a SLF for a spin, was great fun.

In case you're interested: https://s.orbis.zone/H04-abqU
    I've decided to buy an Anaconda first. You've convinced me lol.

First I'll need a lot of money.

So I'm going to earn some credits via other missions to get me the Chieftain. It's cheap, relatively speaking, and not restricted by rank. Then I'll use that to earn credits in res sites etc. Once I've saved enough I'll look for a cheaper Anaconda in one of the discounted stations. I've worked out that you can get one for around 126m Cr.

The one good thing about the DBX, though, is actually its shorter jump range, which I know sounds counterintuitive. Because its range is short I am, in theory, making more jumps when exploring. This means more systems, more scans, more data, more money. A previous hop to the Pleiades cluster earned me around a million. And I know you can earn far more per hour with other missions, but as an example of exploring and scanning it works. Though that was before I bought the surface scanner.

Well done, seeing sense at last

I have 2 DBXs and I use them both for jumping around the bubble or slightly outside of it, sort of a taxi role if you like. One has teeth the other doesn't and they both jump about 65 Ly'ish.

The most important thing to remember, or keep in mind, while exploring is that jump range of whatever ship you use is not important at all. I took my Anaconda exploring mainly because of what it could carry, if I ever go exploring again I would use the Conda I built above. The thing I'd need to decide is do I buy another one or refit one of the current anaconda's in the fleet. But exploring is all about the systems you visit, the sights you see and the data you collect, and the option to do an economical route is nice as it's a short jump range therefore lots of system visiting.

Last I heard a mate had gone out again and is trying to beat his last data haul, after his last 5 month stint he had 1.96 billion CR worth of exploration data which took him 2.5 hours to hand in.

Edit: A quick way to make some CR is wing missions, get some people together and you can make enough for a Conda in a probably 20 decent paying missions.

Well done, seeing sense at last

I have 2 DBXs and I use them both for jumping around the bubble or slightly outside of it, sort of a taxi role if you like. One has teeth the other doesn't and they both jump about 65 Ly'ish.

The most important thing to remember, or keep in mind, while exploring is that jump range of whatever ship you use is not important at all. I took my Anaconda exploring mainly because of what it could carry, if I ever go exploring again I would use the Conda I built above. The thing I'd need to decide is do I buy another one or refit one of the current anaconda's in the fleet. But exploring is all about the systems you visit, the sights you see and the data you collect, and the option to do an economical route is nice as it's a short jump range therefore lots of system visiting.

Last I heard a mate had gone out again and is trying to beat his last data haul, after his last 5 month stint he had 1.96 billion CR worth of exploration data which took him 2.5 hours to hand in.

Edit: A quick way to make some CR is wing missions, get some people together and you can make enough for a Conda in a probably 20 decent paying missions.
    Holy crap! 2.5 hours.

Originally Posted by Flugel Meister View Post (Source)
    I've decided to buy an Anaconda first. You've convinced me lol.
    Well me to, as I have bought another (got 6 of them now) one outfitted like this;

https://s.orbis.zone/HKAgHKHK

as I am going to head out to the system Fray mentioned a little while ago... HIP 38064 at some point next week, got a few things to do and then I am off.

Must remember to take a crew member and some limpets...

Well me to, as I have bought another (got 6 of them now) one outfitted like this;

https://s.orbis.zone/HKAgHKHK

as I am going to head out to the system Fray mentioned a little while ago... HIP 38064 at some point next week, got a few things to do and then I am off.

Must remember to take a crew member and some limpets...
    What's the maximum you can plot?

EDIT: Never mind. I've found out it's 20k lightyears. I knew it had been increased previously but wasn't sure on the precise number. Anyway, back to work. And more planning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123