Thread: AA-A H! I hate the travelling salesman problem.

AA-A H! I hate the travelling salesman problem.

I spent the last 17 days scanning every body in every AA-H system in sector EORD BLAO.

There was nothing interesting to be found, but that didn't stop me. What did stop me twice was a invisible nearly 3 million km wide ring around a neutron star orbiting a black hole facing the black hole, only one light source per system is definitely a bad idea.

If anyone knows why there no systems named H1 and H2 please tell me.

In total there were 386 AA-A H systems and the primary bodies were:

Black holes: 251
    Wolf-Rayet O: 35
    Class O: 35
    Class B: 24
    Blue-white super giants: 19
    Wolf-Rayet WNC: 9
    Wolf-Rayet C: 7
    Wolf-Rayet N: 6

Only 31 systems were discovered so far, most of them by Bourbon014.

All bodies have been scanned and they are available at EDSM and EGO.

Here are some pictures showing the distribution of said systems (more space for bookmarks would be nice):

3-119:

120-239:

240-359:

360-388:

Pictures of all system maps can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/m2TbCYjzzV2nWGxH6

Ha! Bourbon is a friend of mine. We tend to make jokes about the number of Water Worlds he tags.

Ha I am currently in the same situation. So many AA-A systems, so little bookmarks available

So far I have found one tagged wolf rayet in 5 systems. There is a lot yet to discover. 17 days is ... a bit massive. I hope I dont need that long.

The only one light source per system is realy annoying. I found an earth like less than 300ls from a main sequence star but its pitch black because the main star is a black hole.

Originally Posted by Alkibiades View Post (Source)
    I hope I dont need that long.
    Well 92000 light years and 2019 jumps take their time. Not to mention the time it takes to reach that single black hole 300.000 light seconds away.

The systems I spent the most time in was H383. 103 bodies and most of them 230.000 light seconds away.

Originally Posted by Eahlstan View Post (Source)

Only 31 systems were discovered so far, most of them by Bourbon014.

All bodies have been scanned and they are available at EDSM and EGO.
    Nice, well done!

+1 rep for mentioning Traveling Salesman problem! (Gee, you'd think the complexity of the problem was non-polynomial or something, the way you were talking.)

[QUOTE=Eahlstan;6861245]I spent the last 17 days scanning every body in every AA-H system in sector EORD BLAO.

There was nothing interesting to be found, but that didn't stop me. What did stop me twice was a invisible nearly 3 million km wide ring around a neutron star orbiting a black hole facing the black hole, only one light source per system is definitely a bad idea.

If anyone knows why there no systems named H1 and H2 please tell me.

This is impressive, Commander. I feel so inadequate as my patience only lasts a few days and maybe 500 jumps.
    Yes, we do need many more bookmarks; they always run out at just the wrong time (no patience again!).

Originally Posted by Hanekura Shizuka View Post (Source)
    +1 rep for mentioning Traveling Salesman problem! (Gee, you'd think the complexity of the problem was non-polynomial or something, the way you were talking.)
    NP?