Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Thargoids for killin' in HIP 44811 & Wolf 636 this week

Originally Posted by jacob99 View Post (Source)
    I never understand how this is the case. The payout is bad, but it isn't that bad. I'd say the most common NHSS in the attack systems in a Threat 4, usually containing four scouts which will pay 40k in total for clearing the signal source. That alone will almost cover my repair costs for all the scouts killed combined before I have to go and restock (usually about 40, so 400k credits per repair/restock). If you're repair/restock bills are so high then I'd suggest changing your ship and outfitting to something more suited to scouts.

Saying that, the payout for scouts is abysmal, and although profits are made they are small and I wouldn't blame you for not fighting because of this. FDev really need to up the payouts for all Thargoid hunting, or at the very least up the payout for the new scouts to 50k minimum so it will be in line with the damages and risks involved.
    The problem for me concerning the scouts is you have a "whoopsy" moment and fly into their caustic cloud after blowing one up. Then your hull is taking caustic damage. If I have decontamination limpets installed (which I do on my T-10 for scout hunting) then this is quickly resolved. And yes, I can make a profit. But it's nowhere near the time investment, as one has to hop from signal source to signal source and (in my case) run from the ones that spawn interceptors.

The bounty value is a travesty. Alien scouts hostile to all humans are worth less than some criminal in Viper MK III wanted in a few systems? Really? And 2 million for an interceptor? Yeah, that is nowhere near the reward for the risk involved... even if you win.

Originally Posted by jacob99 View Post (Source)
    I never understand how this is the case. The payout is bad, but it isn't that bad. I'd say the most common NHSS in the attack systems in a Threat 4, usually containing four scouts which will pay 40k in total for clearing the signal source. That alone will almost cover my repair costs for all the scouts killed combined before I have to go and restock (usually about 40, so 400k credits per repair/restock). If you're repair/restock bills are so high then I'd suggest changing your ship and outfitting to something more suited to scouts.

Saying that, the payout for scouts is abysmal, and although profits are made they are small and I wouldn't blame you for not fighting because of this. FDev really need to up the payouts for all Thargoid hunting, or at the very least up the payout for the new scouts to 50k minimum so it will be in line with the damages and risks involved.
    Im guessing its the people in big ships constantly overheating their ships to get rid of caustic damage, that internal mudule damage really drives the price up.

I don't know. I think the reward could be upped a bit, sure, but I'm still making a tidy profit hunting them (scouts). The NHSSs are so ubiquitous, I hardly have time to reorient my ship, and the damage they cause is nowhere near the reward.

That said, 1 million for an interceptor is ridiculously low. Killing them is not nearly as easy as killing a couple of FdL pirates.

And *that* said, Thargoids do a lot of good for combat rating.

whats in the loot table of the scouts? only materials for AX ammo refills, or some corrosive cargo too?

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    whats in the loot table of the scouts? only materials for AX ammo refills, or some corrosive cargo too?
    The former

I've just landed on the Vanguard at HIP 44811. It offers a few missions to kill scouts and interceptors but they are all in nearby systems. I wonder if these kills count to save, in this case, HIP 44811 from another burning station?

It would be great if someone from FD would give a word on this. Because, whats the point on finally having the megaships at the right systems after so many months, if the missions they offer are only to make a few extra credits, but have no consequences on the game lore? If players need to do a few missions on the side to compensate for losing credits, they dont need the AEGIS megaships for that, they can do any other faction related mission for that purpose.

Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post (Source)
    I've just landed on the Vanguard at HIP 44811. It offers a few missions to kill scouts and interceptors but they are all in nearby systems. I wonder if these kills count to save, in this case, HIP 44811 from another burning station?

It would be great if someone from FD would give a word on this. Because, whats the point on finally having the megaships at the right systems after so many months, if the missions they offer are only to make a few extra credits, but have no consequences on the game lore? If players need to do a few missions on the side to compensate for losing credits, they dont need the AEGIS megaships for that, they can do any other faction related mission for that purpose.
    Just a note. I just tested and it appears the Destroy Scout mission from the Acropolis and the Vanguard can not be completed. That was the case last week as well. Hopefully it can get corrected.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Like I said: for pilots who can't afford combat there are missions at the attacked starport (though you do need to be able to dock without a computer, so I could see that might be an issue ).
    Those are bugged from what I've seen so that's a no go.

Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post (Source)
    It is a good question as we've noticed NHSS spawn in systems up to 10 Ly away from the targets. This used to be 5 Ly. So presumably kills in all those systems count, but we have no confirmation from FD on this. I'll try and ask iSteve K on his next livestream

Tried my hand at megaship interaction. Rescued near a hundred souls. Would be less frustrating if some escape pods wouldn't get stuck underneath the collision geometry and limpets keep suiciding themselves. Payout wasn't noteworthy either. Used a shieldless FDS with 128t cargo for it. Worked well enough, though I doubt I'll keep it. This interaction thing seems to be something you do once for novelty's sake and then forget about it. Only may come in handy when there's another search and rescue CG.

Originally Posted by Vardaugas View Post (Source)
    Tried my hand at megaship interaction. Rescued near a hundred souls. Would be less frustrating if some escape pods wouldn't get stuck underneath the collision geometry and limpets keep suiciding themselves. Payout wasn't noteworthy either. Used a shieldless FDS with 128t cargo for it. Worked well enough, though I doubt I'll keep it. This interaction thing seems to be something you do once for novelty's sake and then forget about it. Only may come in handy when there's another search and rescue CG.
    I do wonder why FD keep adding to these interactions (now you can do the same at installations). They're quite meh after the initial run, and not lucrative. And they require you to refit your ship to try them out. They must have reasons, but I'm not seeing them.

Originally Posted by Kamiyoda View Post (Source)
    Im guessing its the people in big ships constantly overheating their ships to get rid of caustic damage, that internal mudule damage really drives the price up.
    Yeah, you don't even need to do that if there is a station in the system and it's close. Then you'll suffer far less repair costs because it's the module damage that drives the costs up.

That doesn't mean that the bounties for all thargoids need to go up though. Scouts should be giving like 50k minimum to 100k max. Interceptors should have their bounties doubled. It's not like people can just go around killing thargoid interceptors quickly. They are going to suffer damage and will need to repair and rearm.

It's funny at Wolf 636 1 (first planet that is ammonia/oxygen world) looking for higher grade alien emissions (found one with a cyclops and some scouts.) I'm getting high grade emission USS there that have proto heat radiators. I'm not complaining, I am low on those so I see it as a plus if ammonia worlds in a system being attacked by thargoids start having high grade emission USS there.

Originally Posted by Urazz View Post (Source)
    It's funny at Wolf 636 1 (first planet that is ammonia/oxygen world) looking for higher grade alien emissions (found one with a cyclops and some scouts.) I'm getting high grade emission USS there that have proto heat radiators. I'm not complaining, I am low on those so I see it as a plus if ammonia worlds in a system being attacked by thargoids start having high grade emission USS there.
    I often find HGE along with NHSS, always take collectors along on a killing spree

Just tried doing a few missions from the Vanguard this afternoon. Thing is, to be successful, i needed to flip the board several times to find missions to systems less than 10Ly. Missions to kill scouts or Interceptors in systems further than 10 Ly are either impossible or if NHSS do spawn more then 10Ly away, they must be so rare that they are almost impossible to find.
    I accepted a mission to a system called Ixilalonta (7 Ly from HIP 44811), found a NHSS4 near the main star, and due to just needing to kill 3 scouts i received the mission complete message when i killed the third. It wasnt a mission objective USS (Blue ones), it was just a random NHSS4.

So i went back to Vanguard to collect a wooping 190k reward plus 40k in bonds. Went to the mess and paid a few drinks to those guys in the Vanguard. Morale looks very low in this ship. I hope i cheered them up a bit.

But seriously. FD needs to take a look into this. After so many months waiting for the Aegis megaships to arrive at the right systems in the right week, they offer missions to system where is impossible to find a NHSS, where players need to flip the board to find a mission to a system closer than 10Ly. Aegis megaships need to offer missions in the systems under siege by the Thargoids and only a few in the 10Ly sphere around the attacked system. And these kills all have to count towards the saving of said system.
    Also Aegis megaships need to be more often in the right systems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast