Results 1 to 11 of 11

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Featuring Commanders with Will and Paige

  1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

    Featuring Commanders with Will and Paige

    Hello folks,

    This evening, Paige (our social media manager) and I are going to be showcasing the wonderful work of just some of our amazing creative Commanders.

    Tune in tonight at 7:00 PM (BST) and check out what your fellow Commanders have been creating!

    Watch live on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/elitedangerous/live

  2. #2
    Really looking forward to this, should be a great stream.

  3. #3
    1hr notice (here)! Great stuff!

    Noticed 4-5hr warning on Twitter!

  4. #4
    Wonderful Stream. Thanks Paige and Gareth Southgate look a like. Only saw 20 mins but nice lovely feelings in the chat.
    Keep wearing the ELite Dangerous TShirts, confuses the hell out of people in my city. Your elite and maybe dangerous

    have a good one CMDRs x

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    1hr notice (here)! Great stuff!

    Noticed 4-5hr warning on Twitter!
    At this point I guess they are doing that just to spite you.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    1hr notice (here)! Great stuff!

    Noticed 4-5hr warning on Twitter!
    Typical

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    At this point I guess they are doing that just to spite you.
    Well, over the past few months, the random forum chosen for announcements, if indeed an announcement even was made, and the last minute'ness of them sometimes, certainly isn't being done to help me/us!


    I would suggest AGAIN, that ideally FD should just have a single dedicated "Live Stream Announcement thread" where only they can post, but anyone can subscribe and they just post on that thread each time. Done!

    That would obviously then take over from my announcement thread which was only created to pick up on this very "issue" in the announcement process - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...of-livestreams

    But I've suggested this over and over, to numerous FD staff, and not a peep


    The fact there I am browsing the forums countless times on a Thursday afternoon, repeatedly checking multiple forums, over multiple hours, just to try and ensure the announcement thread is updated, and my efforts still fall short due to FD only posting annoucements here an hour beforehand... *sigh*


    Note: I even put GReader (Feedly) on my phone to try and get feeds to warn me of announcements... Nada!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    Well, over the past few months, the random forum chosen for announcements, if indeed an announcement even was made, and the last minute'ness of them sometimes, certainly isn't being done to help me/us!


    I would suggest AGAIN, that ideally FD should just have a single dedicated "Live Stream Announcement thread" where only they can post, but anyone can subscribe and they just post on that thread each time. Done!

    That would obviously then take over from my announcement thread which was only created to pick up on this very "issue" in the announcement process - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...of-livestreams

    But I've suggested this over and over, to numerous FD staff, and not a peep


    The fact there I am browsing the forums countless times on a Thursday afternoon, repeatedly checking multiple forums, over multiple hours, just to try and ensure the announcement thread is updated, and my efforts still fall short due to FD only posting annoucements here an hour beforehand... *sigh*


    Note: I even put GReader (Feedly) on my phone to try and get feeds to warn me of announcements... Nada!
    I agree the lack of consistency is a little frustrating, particularly for the occasional Tuesday livestream but the 7pm Thursday ones we do at least know there generally will be one regardless of where it's notified or how much notice is given. And different streams appeal to different sections of the playerbase so perhaps there is some logic applied to where notifications are issued - As soon as Will confirmed there would be no new game info in last night's stream I switched off (I didn't know what the topic was about).

    To some degree I guess it's down to new (or different) staff too. Ed was the only contact to publish notifications for a long time, now we have a few, each probably with their own idea of how to best promote a livestream. Some best practice could be applied here.

    OT but I have a similar issue with the game UI, where some newer additions (recent galmap additions, ship vs module transfer timers) where there isn't really anything wrong with them, but they aren't consistent with what's gone before.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello folks,

    This evening, Paige (our social media manager) and I are going to be showcasing the wonderful work of just some of our amazing creative Commanders.

    Tune in tonight at 7:00 PM (BST) and check out what your fellow Commanders have been creating!

    Watch live on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/elitedangerous/live

    hey Will you're usually on the ball with the forums, can you please ensure the team take a looksie here at the lemon campaign 3304 TIA

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...all-ship-CMDRs

    p.s. some great creations on the channel last night

  10. #10
    This was a really cool stream, and please: more Paige! She's so much fun.

  11. #11
    Terrific stream Paige and Will (only just catching up after a short holiday), so great to see all this amazing community content get the spotlight for a moment. One thing I did want to give a special shoutout for in case people didn't know where to find it is the amazing video work of Skoomer and in particular his Strange Worlds series which has gone from strength to strength and been a truly amazing series to follow. Well worth watching from the beginning.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ite-series-WIP