Thread: Isla Nublar is too small.

Isla Nublar is too small.

Simply put, We don't have enough room to work with. It's frustrating to me that we have such limited space on the other islands, but there is no reason for the sandbox island to be so small. Give us more of the island to work with. For that matter, give us the whole island. Why not? It's sandbox mode. No need for such a cramped space.

You're preaching to the choir. People on this forum don't agree on many things, but Isla Nublar's size (or rather, lack thereof) is one of them.

I held off on building on Nublar until I was able to 100 percent the rest of the game so that I may experience the full Nublar experience. Then I get there and I'm like, "Well gosh-diddly-darn it". Very anti-climatic.

Me too! I waited until I had a good taste of all the other islands, then I got there with a drawn plan and was like.." oh ok.. will work with that I guess. I wonder if someone got to Nublar so far and thought " Oh my god!! What a big map!!"

From what I've seen of it, I wouldn't mind if it were at least 4 to 9 times larger in area (2x2 or 3x3). Also would prefer to see a survival sandbox mode with optional currency needs for broader gameplay viability, and of course semi-sustainable ecosystem mechanics and behaviors.

I've mentioned these things in the suggestions thread already though, of course.

Cheers.

I havent played the game since *Glances at steam* July 3rd. And I was playing only up until then because i was working on a guide that honestly should of been in the game, a skin guide a guide to all the skins so you dont just aimlessly have to make a dinosaur and ether be "YES it was worth it all the money and failures." or "No this was not worth it at all I cant believe I just wasted so much time for ONE Dinosaur."

Nublar needs to be so much bigger. But even that wont fix this games none re-playability.

Iím all for bigger islands but I think that they need to first tweek the dinos social and environmental sensors. Whatís the point of building a nice big enclosure when the dinos freak out as soon as they step away from one another or get too far from trees.

Originally Posted by Gdain View Post (Source)
    Iím all for bigger islands but I think that they need to first tweek the dinos social and environmental sensors. Whatís the point of building a nice big enclosure when the dinos freak out as soon as they step away from one another or get too far from trees.
    Agreed. Or you make a big enclosure for sauropods because some require alot of forest....then they walk away from the trees and their comfort plummits. Then you literaly have to tranq them in their paddock and transport them into the trees in their paddock to make them happy. If a dinosaur likes trees it should be able to recognize where the trees are and hang out around them.

Speaking of terrain and paddocks... Baryonx, suchomimus, and spino should require alot more water in their paddocks and prefer to be in or around water. There are no dinos that require alot of water for comfort. Its only trees or grassland. Anyone else on these forums feel like we should be hired by these devs as dino behavior consultants? They didnt put much thought into these things.

Originally Posted by Flint2025 View Post (Source)
    Agreed. Or you make a big enclosure for sauropods because some require alot of forest....then they walk away from the trees and their comfort plummits. Then you literaly have to tranq them in their paddock and transport them into the trees in their paddock to make them happy. If a dinosaur likes trees it should be able to recognize where the trees are and hang out around them.

Speaking of terrain and paddocks... Baryonx, suchomimus, and spino should require alot more water in their paddocks and prefer to be in or around water. There are no dinos that require alot of water for comfort. Its only trees or grassland. Anyone else on these forums feel like we should be hired by these devs as dino behavior consultants? They didnt put much thought into these things.
    I keep reassuring myself that they must have been super tight with the release timing and had to approve some stuff that they wanted to work much more on it. Like the Brachio's neck clipping in the gate when released. I just can't.