Thread: Research in to inter-species communication community goal

Research in to inter-species communication community goal

Interesting community goal. Research in to inter-species communication. Might we be getting in inter-species translator utility in the near future?

I'll be doing this one

Cobra Wing, an independent organisation based in Ebor, has launched an initiative to build a new research outpost in the system.

The outpost will support further research into the Thargoids, focusing specifically on the possibility of inter-species communication.

A spokesperson for Cobra Wing gave the following statement:

“Without communication, there can be no understanding. Without understanding, there can be no peace. We ask the galactic community to support this campaign, which will support new research into the Thargoids and their methods of communication.”

In support of this goal, Cobra Wing has placed an open order for various commodities, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver these commodities to Morris Enterprise in the Ebor system. The organisation has also placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, to ensure that those contributing commodities to the campaign can do so safely.

The campaign begins on the 12th July 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately
    https://community.elitedangerous.com...7e0e4e0d665287

Originally Posted by Bob McBobblehead View Post (Source)
    Interesting community goal. Research in to inter-species communication. Might we be getting in inter-species translator utility in the near future?

I'll be doing this one

https://community.elitedangerous.com...7e0e4e0d665287
    Awesome, they can tell us to screw off just like they told the guardians then when we ask for peace Co-op gam- I mean existence.

Yes.

Cobra Wing is a player faction and FD do not allow player CGs which tie into the game's plot... e.g referencing events is fine (the need to conduct research into inter-species communications), but any material outcomes are not allowed.

Otherwise, hey FD, about my rejected CG to create a "Rare Good" battle weapon based on the Thargoid Sensor's ability to cause electrical damage to a station from 2015...

A bit disappointed, thought the Thargoid narrative was about to move on from just combat.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Cobra Wing is a player faction and FD do not allow player CGs which tie into the game's plot... e.g referencing events is fine (the need to conduct research into inter-species communications), but any material outcomes are not allowed.

Otherwise, hey FD, about my rejected CG to create a "Rare Good" battle weapon based on the Thargoid Sensor's ability to cause electrical damage to a station from 2015...
    Originally Posted by Bob McBobblehead View Post (Source)
    A bit disappointed, thought the Thargoid narrative was about to move on from just combat.
    Of course if FDev were already going to have a story thread going in that direction, this would be a good Chekhov's gun

I mean just like Obsidant Orbital.

The Thargoids were always going to appear in the Pleiades , that the Community pushed for a star port out there just played into the narrative but much later.

Just as the creation of Colonia, then fits into the dynasty Project.
    Good GM tool to use the player actions or idea to progress the planned story event even if it is not immediately apparent or not what you planned but works just as well.

We know Aegis has chief scientific advisor Professor Alba Tesreau looking to learn as much as we can about the Thargoids to communicate

“If we could understand the Thargoids – really understand them – perhaps we could broker some kind of truce. I for one have not given up on the idea of peace.”

if that can later be tied in to the Ebor system research lab, it seems more organic a story than just Aegis making a break through

Canonn have been trying to do stuff like this since the first ua was discovered. Fd will play along, but anything you think you are doing will just be handed to some engineer whenever their plot line says it should, and not a second before.

Good luck in your endeavours.

This is my third community goal, i am taking part in since the introduction of community goals ... nice one. Delivered 750 tons of aluminum in my exploration Krait today. I will continue to support this until it is finished . Peace!