Thread: anyone got small distortions in the graphics

anyone got small distortions in the graphics

Been annoyed a bit by random jitter in the Graphics. Sometimes really noticable by looking Close at flight stick in the VR cockpit.
    Its vibrating heavily 10 seconds then goes still. Then slowly goes back to vibrations again. Cycle goes on.
    It is more pronaunced in res sites or Close to stations where gpu load is more.
    Strange thing is that somethimes even at those locations it is completely gone.

And Another thing, for 20 seconds or so when entering game for first time it looks like Graphics are not in sync. Jumping around a bit.
    Goes away after a while.

Got 1080TI and I7 at 4.5 so its not lacking Power. Must be something else.

rift btw

Originally Posted by kiario View Post (Source)
    Been annoyed a bit by random jitter in the Graphics. Sometimes really noticable by looking Close at flight stick in the VR cockpit.
    Its vibrating heavily 10 seconds then goes still. Then slowly goes back to vibrations again. Cycle goes on.
    It is more pronaunced in res sites or Close to stations where gpu load is more.
    Strange thing is that somethimes even at those locations it is completely gone.

And Another thing, for 20 seconds or so when entering game for first time it looks like Graphics are not in sync. Jumping around a bit.
    Goes away after a while.

Got 1080TI and I7 at 4.5 so its not lacking Power. Must be something else.
    Try setting the "reduce camera shake" option in the menu, I used to notice the menus shaking/vibrating in stations, setting that option helped a lot.

Thanks, but that did not do anything.

Try the SRV training mission in te Diamondback.
    Just rise from your position as and Watch stick in cockpit.
    As you get higher it starts to vibrate (unstable image.

Then when you pitch out in black space it stops.
    It has to do with the gpu and cpu load.

Apparently ASW has a habit of kicking in whether needed or not, and also getting into states where it can't make up its mind as to whether to cap the frame rate or not, ending up flickering on and off; Especially with ED.

For my part, I can't seem to get rid of it at all, and have constant smearing, as well as other ASW artefacts, in various graphical elements, hardest to overlook being the skybox - in particular where there is a lot of banding in the gradients. (EDIT: Also 1080Ti and i7 (albeit somewhat older), btw)

Sounds like the usual cockpit/close object shaking that seems to intermittently occur in VR.

It's not ASW. And it's not a ED problem the same occur in practically every VR game for either the vive or rift.

I even think we used to have the chairs vibrate like crazy in 2d as well.

hm never had that in 600+ hours with the Rift, normal 1080 card

Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    Sounds like the usual cockpit/close object shaking that seems to intermittently occur in VR.

It's not ASW. And it's not a ED problem the same occur in practically every VR game for either the vive or rift.

I even think we used to have the chairs vibrate like crazy in 2d as well.
    Umm... Can't recall ever seeing any of that, neither with Vive nor Rift. (Is your tracking ok?)

What I *have* seen, is something of the opposite of "close up" matter, or maybe rather "close up to something that is far away"); I.e artefacts due to "running out of" floating point precision, when taking the debug camera for a spin, in a nested parenting sitution (e.g, camera is relative to the ship, which is relative to a station landing pad (EDIT. ...which is in turn relative to the station). Then, when going close to the back wall of the bay, one can see that wall moving in a jittering manner, as it quantises back and forth across the boundary between two significands (Meanwhile, one can observe the very large distance between the wall and its labelling, which has been implemented to avoid so called "Z-fighting", which has the same cause). Actually one do not have to go all that far; The SRV tends to wobble around a bit on the ground, as well).

I am running hmd 2 and all settings on ultra except AO. ASW is of course on.

Its very randomly occurring. Sometimes looking Close at stick in ship like 5 cm or so its perfectly stable.
    Sometimes its just vibrating slightly and unstable.

I have my sensor in usb 2 and hmd in usb 3. I cant use sensor in usb 3 due to incompatible usb on my old asus formula iv MB.

Could be that.

I am running hmd 2 and all settings on ultra except AO. ASW is of course on.

Its very randomly occurring. Sometimes looking Close at stick in ship like 5 cm or so its perfectly stable.
    Sometimes its just vibrating slightly and unstable.

I have my sensor in usb 2 and hmd in usb 3. I cant use sensor in usb 3 due to incompatible usb on my old asus formula iv MB.

Could be that.
    Yeah that's what I meant. I have been seeing this since before I even got vr. It's just more obvious in vr.

It's not tracking related.
    Even the smallest tracking issue was like getting hit in the head with a shovel and one eye goes wonky for a second, minus the pain, I actually know what that feels like.
    Not a subtle event.
    This though is only apparent on very close objects and they seem to almost vibrate 5mm, 1/16", a tracking problem where your head shifts 15cm, or half a foot, or more.

No help here, but why are you looking close at your stick?

It's like the old joke:
    Patient - Doc, it hurts when I do this.
    Doctor - Then don't do that.
    badum tish

Originally Posted by Cliché View Post (Source)
    No help here, but why are you looking close at your stick?

It's like the old joke:
    Patient - Doc, it hurts when I do this.
    Doctor - Then don't do that.
    badum tish
    I know but once you have seen it...

You've been watching too many Yamicks videos again...

Originally Posted by Pville_Piper View Post (Source)
    You've been watching too many Yamicks videos again...
    Nope