Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Cant play on PS4. Not connected msg

So i found out that its on PSNs side and more specifically, fortnite just came out with a new season today so the network is swamped. I got into elite dangerous after closing and restarting the application until it worked.

I am also getting this message. Internet connection is fine but Start and Friends and Private Groups options are greyed out.

Hopefully it will sort itself for you shortly. It came back up for me about an hour ago, but I was using my controller. I logged out and closed Elite so I could switch over to my HOTAS and I couldnt get back in again. Logged off the PS4 and came back and was able to get in to Elite. Its like a rolling blackout.

not connected to internet.... yes i am. i can send text chats to friends that are online but yet i cant play the game?
    is this?

Yep, I've tried a complete shutdown and restart of the PS4 and a complete restart of my modem. Test Network Connection gives me the green light but Elite is still not playing ball. Gran Turismo Sport won't connect either so I believe it is a continuation of the PSN outage.

its nothing to do with psn.
    all my other games work. elite is the only one that hates me.

and if im not connected to the internet why can i see my friends online at the main menu screen?

Yep, I'm seeing the same. All my trophy information, friends that are online etc are all okay

Just stop, lol.
    It was a well acknowledged issue today, it was clearly stated on the PSN status page and it even made Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth.../#5aefdfdf422b

Try to shut down and restart.

If you actually take the time to read the messages people post instead of stating the obvious regarding the PSN outage, you would see we already tried your 'solution'. Lol

PSN is all green, reset connection and everything but still having the issue The funny thing is that last year on the same date we had the same issue

12. This is the last staff post in this thread. #27
    Hey there CMDR's

As you all already aware, there were some issues with PSN last night, most players have confirmed that this has been resolved as of around 7.30AM this morning UK time, are you all able to connect now?

Yep, all fine now.

Originally Posted by RedLad74 View Post (Source)
    If you actually take the time to read the messages people post instead of stating the obvious regarding the PSN outage, you would see we already tried your 'solution'. Lol

LOL

If you would take the time to read what I posted, you'd understand this was a huge and well publicized outage.

And if you understood the subject matter in the first place, you'd also understand that there are local variances to the problem.
    Furthermore, I did not provide a "solution" but rather the common sense thing to do when such an outage occurs.

Did you try to Google "PSN status"?
    No, of course you did not, because if you had, you'd have seen it was a well publicized outage.

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    LOL

If you would take the time to read what I posted, you'd understand this was a huge and well publicized outage.

And if you understood the subject matter in the first place, you'd also understand that there are local variances to the problem.
    Furthermore, I did not provide a "solution" but rather the common sense thing to do when such an outage occurs.

Did you try to Google "PSN status"?
    No, of course you did not, because if you had, you'd have seen it was a well publicized outage.
    No good deed...
    Turns out it wasn't psn it was your fault

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast