Thread: Wing mission achievement help

Question Wing mission achievement help

I want to unlock the two achievements for completing wing missions but I have a question before I invest the time in it. Do you have to have a FULL wing for the achievement to unlock? Because I'm out in Co-lonely-ia. I've been out here a week or so exclusively playing in open and I've only seen three Cmdrs the whole time. None of them even responded to my o7. If I need three other people then I would probably be better served waiting until I return the Bubble cause I don't see that happening here.

On a slightly related note.... anyone in Colonia?

Originally Posted by Stasis Wolf View Post (Source)
    I want to unlock the two achievements for completing wing missions but I have a question before I invest the time in it. Do you have to have a FULL wing for the achievement to unlock? Because I'm out in Co-lonely-ia. I've been out here a week or so exclusively playing in open and I've only seen three Cmdrs the whole time. None of them even responded to my o7. If I need three other people then I would probably be better served waiting until I return the Bubble cause I don't see that happening here.

Hey mate, I am not sure the achievement progression bug has been fixed...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-not-unlocking

No, you don't need to have a full wing. But you do need at least one other player in a wing for the mission to count. Completing a wing mission alone doesn't count. Having 1 other player in the wing while the mission is completed does.

I'm out heading for Colonia. Currently 5k out.
    I think I will arrive within the next week, if you're still out there and need a Wingman give me a shout.

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post (Source)
    Hey mate, I am not sure the achievement progression bug has been fixed...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-not-unlocking
    Originally Posted by dreampage View Post (Source)
    No, you don't need to have a full wing. But you do need at least one other player in a wing for the mission to count. Completing a wing mission alone doesn't count. Having 1 other player in the wing while the mission is completed does.
    I managed to figure some of this out last night. I had a RL friend who is rarely on Xbox sign on last night so I got them to experiment with me. I found a wing mission that I was able to finish in one trip, shared it with them, turned it in, and nothing happened on my end. The achievement popped immediately for them.

Thanks Rebel Yell for pointing out the existing bug. I'm not sure I would've found that since its been archived. I'm not sure why FDev would do that before it's been fixed.

Originally Posted by Godnamedthor View Post (Source)
    I'm out heading for Colonia. Currently 5k out.
    I think I will arrive within the next week, if you're still out there and need a Wingman give me a shout.
    I do plan on being out in Colonia for a bit longer.

There are three wing achievements I've found, formed a full wing (four players, no less), completed a wing mission, finished 10 wing missions.

If you need a player, add me, chop2969, I have a eng.T9 with 744 cargo space, experienced player with mic.

Darkspire

Arrived today, was a nice trip.
    Bought and equipped a Python, great thing there is Guardian tech at Jacques, saved me some time.
    I am ready for anything except combat, my Clipper and a Courier as well as some modules started their 61h journey out here this morning.
    A lot has changed since I was here the last time.
    I'm looking forward to explore the area again.

Originally Posted by Godnamedthor View Post (Source)
    Arrived today, was a nice trip.
    Bought and equipped a Python, great thing there is Guardian tech at Jacques, saved me some time.
    I am ready for anything except combat, my Clipper and a Courier as well as some modules started their 61h journey out here this morning.
    A lot has changed since I was here the last time.
    I'm looking forward to explore the area again.
    Wow, you must be setting up for a long stay. I haven't convinced myself to have anything transferred yet. Mainly because I don't want to spend the credits. It was cheaper for me to buy and upgrade a Type 9, even with the inflated prices, than to have mine transferred.

And yes the place has changed. There are quite a few mega ships and installations to check out now. The whole area has a "bubble" feel to it, but not so much that it loses that frontier vibe either.

Wow, you must be setting up for a long stay. I haven't convinced myself to have anything transferred yet. Mainly because I don't want to spend the credits. It was cheaper for me to buy and upgrade a Type 9, even with the inflated prices, than to have mine transferred.

And yes the place has changed. There are quite a few mega ships and installations to check out now. The whole area has a "bubble" feel to it, but not so much that it loses that frontier vibe either.
    The plan for this trip was to set up a smal secondary fleet out here. I've spent 250m on transfer fees.
    There were a lot of good engineered modules in my storage from selling ships I didn't use.
    Out here they are hard or impossible to find so it's worth it for me.
    I've missed the star filled sky out here and the soft glow from the nebula.
    There are good missions and I already have earned back 70m.

All this talk of Colonia is making me miss my home out there but I've still got my achievement to unlock by killing 1000 thargoids.After that I will make the move permanently.I have a nice little system with my name on the main planet and I'm fairly popular with the locals-)