View Entry Info: No Destroy Scouts "Mission Objective" signal source

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: No Destroy Scouts "Mission Objective" signal source

Thargoid killing missions

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    5:38 CEST

Date of occurrence
    01/07/18

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Krait MKII

Description
    I'm unable to complete the thargoid killing missions offered at the Vanguard megaship in Socho, because the targe signal source takes forever to appear and when I'm finally able to find the mission signal source, no thargoid ships are present. this has happened 5 times in a row now.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. go to the Vanguard in the Socho system
    2. accept a thargoid interceptor killing mission.
    3. go to the location mentioned in the mission description
    4. scan the nav beacon in that system
    5. go to the planet mentioned in the mission description after scanning the nav beacon
    6. wait for mission signal source to appear
    7. drop into the signal source

No "Mission Objective" signal source

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    03:00 GMT

Date of occurrence
    06/07/2018

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Commander Name
    Mako The Grey

Description
    Took a "Destroy the Scouts" mission out of the Vanguard to the Shamo system. Scan the system and the primary star ended up being the target body. No problem, seen that many times. Circled the target for 1 hour. From fuel scoop range to 70ls. Worked mostly from 5LS to 30 LS. In all that time....NOT A SINGLE MISSION OBJECTIVE SPAWNED. Have done hundreds of these missions and I do know how they work. Also spawn rates have gotten terrible in the last few weeks or more.

Logged out to eat. Came back and tried again. NOT A SINGLE MISSION OBJECTIVE SPAWNED after 25min. Had a second scout mission from the Vanguard over in Djiwal so decided to try over their. Target body turned out to be the primary star again. Circled it for 30min....and NOT A SINGLE MISSION OBJECTIVE SPAWNED. Went back to the Vanguard to see if any other missions were available for Thargoids. None as to be expected...as if you have 2/3 already to do...you often don't see another offered. Bottom line...accepting Destroy missions from the Vanguard appears to result in hours of time lost with no action ....unless you like circling stars . Did get a lot of USS for materials :)

Steps to Reproduce
    Take a Destroy Scouts Mission from the Vanguard in the Deciat system and try to complete

Additional files?

Attached netlog file

Here is the associated netlog files :

netLog.180705210229.01.lognetLog.180705193333.01.log

Did you scan the nav beacon?

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Did you scan the nav beacon?
    Yes and that did not help. In the past, have done many dozens of these, there has been no need to scan the Nav beacon if you can scan the system with the ADS.

Destroy the Thargoid Scout Threat mission - Signal source never turns up

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    17:05 GMT

Date of occurrence
    06/07/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Krait Mk 2

Commander Name
    Novo Mundus

Description
    Took three "Destroy the Thargoid Scout Threat" missions from Vanguard megaship in the Deciat system.

went to each of the three systems.

Mission icon was on the main start instantly.

Scanned nav beacon.

It said the body was the main star.

flew around the main star trying to find the mission signal source for over ten minutes at each system.

Mission signal source never spawned.

Steps to Reproduce
    Take missions to destroy thargoid scout threat from the Vanguard mega ship in Deciat.

Try to complete the mission.

Additional files?

Again

Tried again in the Djiwal system at time 16:24 GMT. Circled the target body till 16:48GMT. Not a singel "Mission Objective"USS spawned during that time. Gave up. Nav Beacon was also scanned

Originally Posted by Mako The Grey View Post (Source)
    Tried again in the Djiwal system at time 16:24 GMT. Circled the target body till 16:48GMT. Not a singel "Mission Objective"USS spawned during that time. Gave up. Nav Beacon was also scanned
    Ran out of time and couldn't complete the Destroy Scouts mission. Have another in the que and will try again with it if able.

PSA Warning

Have another in the que and will try again with it if able.
    Tried the other Destroy Scouts mission and circled the mission body (Main Start in Dijiwal). Same result...NO MISSION OBJECTIVE signal source spawned. Had to give up and again lost reputation. Warning to all. It seems the Destroy Scout missions from the Vanguard in Deciat can't be completed and will result in loss of reputation if you accept one. Destroy Interceptor mission are OK but can take up to an hour for a target to spawn in the mission objective signal sources.

Same for me. Took a destroy scout mission from the Vanguard. Flew over to the target location, scanned the nav beacon. Circled around the star for 30 minutes, went to other planets in the system, back to the star ... nothing ... Logged out, logged back in ... nothing ... flew back to Deciat and back to HIP ... no NHSS...
    I could have earned millions in transporting cow poo in the same time. If this is intended, it's crap.

Spawn Rate Thargoid Scout

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    03:06 GMT

Date of occurrence
    07/07/2018

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Viper Mark IV

Commander Name
    CMDR UBenn Hadd

Description
    I have a "Destroy Thargoid Scout" mission in DJIWAL. I have been flying around the for about 2 hours and not even one Non-Human Signal. I have seen a lot of Weapon Fire signal but no Non-Human Signal. I read in a previous pc bug report about the Cyclops mission but at least the CMDR was getting a Non-Human Signal, it was just empty. Im not getting any Non-Human Signal.

Steps to Reproduce
    Accept the "Destroy Thargoid Scout" mission in DJIWAL.

Additional files?

Broke

Originally Posted by CMDR UBEN HADD View Post (Source)

Description
    I have a "Destroy Thargoid Scout" mission in DJIWAL. I have been flying around the for about 2 hours and not even one Non-Human Signal. I have seen a lot of Weapon Fire signal but no Non-Human Signal. I read in a previous pc bug report about the Cyclops mission but at least the CMDR was getting a Non-Human Signal, it was just empty. Im not getting any Non-Human Signal.

They have been broke for some time:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-signal-source

They have been broke for some time:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-signal-source
    I also saw another post about this issue from another CMDR. I will just drop this mission and do something else.

Thanks. o7

hi got the same bug on the xbox x

Nevermind, even if you would find the uss it would take 10 approaches until you would finally find a thargoid in it. Known and never fixed bug pre 3.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast