Thread: Anyone think this might be true? About my Cobra Mk III.

Anyone think this might be true? About my Cobra Mk III.

Could it possibly be that the reason I obsess so much over this particular ship, is that it's my "autistic obsession"?

DISCLAIMER: I've been diagnosed for over twenty years, and this post reflects upon a well-documented trait of people on the spectrum. Many of us, particularly those with asperger's like I have, find a topic/object that fascinates us for no apparent reason. Famously, trains are a common example.

Though personally, I think the trait is a comfort mechanism. We become an expert on something, anything, and then we feel in control of that something. I think my extensive knowledge on the Cobra in the game is evidence of this theory.

Now I need to e-mail my contacts LOL.

Nah, it's just a really good ship.
    There's nothing strange about liking it. Lots of us do.

In the orignal games it was my go to ship, Its sort off been surpassed in ED by the Python for me anyways that and I really dont like the cokpit of the Mk3 I would have liked it to be a single seater as Im sure it had no crew in the older games.

Im no doctor so Im not going to give a view on whats what, but I also have a adictive nature, but its one that can be broken.

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    In the orignal games it was my go to ship....
    In the original game, it was the *only* ship available to the player.

How to remain insensitive to the Cobra ?

Cobra is King.

I would say that the more you fly it, the more you want to.

It is a wonderful ship.

As to any medical conditions affecting or enhancing those feeling and desires about the ship? Possibly, a little; but I would say, not the main reason to want to get back into the Cobra.

I am one of the few that find no joy in flying the tacky space dorito ship. The wide flat surface area I find easily exploitable and the co-pilot seat makes no sense to me, especially given the game mechanics.

Disclaimer: I never played the original or any other elite games prior to Dangerous. May or may not explain why I can't past its faults.

Originally Posted by Demascus View Post (Source)
    I am one of the few that find no joy in flying the tacky space dorito ship. The wide flat surface area I find easily exploitable and the co-pilot seat makes no sense to me, especially given the game mechanics.

Disclaimer: I never played the original or any other elite games prior to Dangerous. May or may not explain why I can't past its faults.
    Neither have I played the older titles. Well not before ED. I have since installed 1984, after playing ED.