Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: evolution on mac

evolution on mac

hello guys. i just but Jurassic World Evolution on steam and i dident realize that it dosent work on mac.. is there any why that i can mac it work? or dose anyone know when it will come out for mac. im on vaca and my windows pc is home, not going home befor september.... and i was very hyped to play it now.

christian

Given that Frontier are currently in the process of depreciating MacOS support from Elite Dangerous it's highly unlikely you'll see native support on Jurassic World Evolution.

The only workaround is to install Windows on Boot Camp:

Of course this will also depend on whether or not your hardware is up to the task. Failing that you'll need to consider a refund.

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post (Source)
    Given that Frontier are currently in the process of depreciating MacOS support from Elite Dangerous it's highly unlikely you'll see native support on Jurassic World Evolution.

The only workaround is to install Windows on Boot Camp:

Of course this will also depend on whether or not your hardware is up to the task. Failing that you'll need to consider a refund.
    It's kind of a mutual thing, Apple is depreciating OpenGL (having not updated it in favour of metal) which is very much required by the Cobra engine.

Whether it works on bootcamp or not also depends on if your mac meets the minimum specifications for the game

i.e.

Jurassic World Evolution Minimum System Requirements
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8GHz or AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz.
    RAM: 8 GB System Memory.
    GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory.
    GPU: GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB or Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
    HDD: 8GB Available Hard Drive Space.
    API: DirectX 11.

If it's an older one based around the intel chipset it will struggle.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    Unfortunately we currently have no plans to support Jurassic World Evolution on MacOS.

Originally Posted by christiankroz View Post (Source)
    hello guys. i just but Jurassic World Evolution on steam and i dident realize that it dosent work on mac.. is there any why that i can mac it work? or dose anyone know when it will come out for mac. im on vaca and my windows pc is home, not going home befor september.... and i was very hyped to play it now.

christian
    I didn't buy it but I'm gutted Planet Coaster isn't available for OSX. Think this is all down to lack of processing power/graphics cards etc. WIndows the way to go for good gaming I believe!? (Please no-one go all supergeek on me if I'm wrong).

The best way in terms of compatibility and performance would be to install native Windows via Bootcamp on your Mac.