Thread: Not a good day

Not a good day

Got involved in a battle near a nav beacon.
    Lose the canopy on my Krait (again).
    Got good life support so decide to take a few seconds to finish off the opponent.
    Hit silly System Authority vessel who flies directly in front of me as I'm firing my weapons.
    Instantly branded mass murderer by Authority ships although I never even dented his shields.
    Zoom off to different system to see my favourite Interstellar Factor.
    Drop at star and head for space platform
    Get interdicted.
    Beat off attacker.
    Head for space platform again.
    Arrive space platform with plenty of time to spare.
    Landing permission refused - multiple times.
    Sit there for three minutes until ship explodes.

Originally Posted by Maenden View Post (Source)
    Got good life support so decide to take a few seconds to finish off the opponent.
    Hit silly System Authority vessel who flies directly in front of me as I'm firing my weapons.
    Instantly branded mass murderer by Authority ships although I never even dented his shields.
    Get interdicted.
    Beat off attacker.
    Never, EVER use outposts in an emergency. Find a proper station or at least a larger ground base with enough pads. Outposts only have one medium landing pad which is more than often occupied.
    Sorry for your loss, of course, just… this one is on you.

Tough break! Try switching modes. Pads will open up.

Beat off attacker.
    Whoa

Man that sucks.
    Back when I flew a vulture I noticed if my canopy popped I'd get interdicted 3x on way to station.

I threw a tarp over my krait last week. Canopy is too exposed and the low shields and low armor rating are just not worth the trade for the speed and a little better maneuvering. Back in the python for multi-role and FDL or Corvette for killing stuff.

Get interdicted.
    Beat off attacker.
    Nasty...

Relogging could free up the pad but it would place your ship well away from the outpost and by the time you’re within 7.5km again the medium pad could be compromised by npc’s...

Did you not try simply synthesising more life support? Surely your CMDR has picked up some basic surface materials in your journey up to a Krait.

Edit: Just as an additional follow up condolence, I do believe FD’s recent adjustments to friendly fire have FAILED catastrophically.

Nobody else on the forum is really talking about it, and it’s not helping that system security are currently bugged, but I’ve become wanted for gentle splash damage a number of times recently, something that never happened to me prior to 3.1.

Originally Posted by GeoDanger View Post (Source)
    ......... Canopy is too exposed ........
    When I derided the crazy canopy structure on the Krait I almost got lynched by the ship's fan-boys.

That must surely have a really vulnerable hit-box from everywhere except directly behind.

Perhaps we need to consider engineering a grade A life support whilst flying the Krait. You could completely disregard canopy breaches. Might be difficult to fly without HUD though....

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    When I derided the crazy canopy structure on the Krait I almost got lynched by the ship's fan-boys.

That must surely have a really vulnerable hit-box from everywhere except directly behind.
    Hey, I'm a big Krait fanboy, but I did agree with all the points you made in that thread.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Hey, I'm a big Krait fanboy, but I did agree with all the points you made in that thread.
    Yeah some agreed (quite a few reps too) - OK then - some of the ship's fan boys.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    Yeah some agreed (quite a few reps too) - OK then - some of the ship's fan boys.
    Right.

Anyway, I really haven't encountered any problems with a fragile canopy. But those lights. Those bloody lights. That's the one reason I don't fly AspX and I will probably get tired of it in Krait as well, if they don't change them.

I saw that thread and didn't post in it because I knew from the title that you were going to get savaged. For the record, I disagree with you.

I haven't lost a Vulture canopy in years, and I haven't lost the Krait canopy either.