Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Gone gone the form of man Rise the demon Etrigan! - Justice League Dark

Gone gone the form of man Rise the demon Etrigan! - Justice League Dark

Not normally one to rant and rave over a bleedin cartoon, but this one takes the biscuit.

Ok, fair dos, i've read every single John Constatine comic, and i even enjoyed the TV series (yeah, sue me), but this was really well done.

All the characters were really well portrayed and John himself.... well, bleedin brilliant. Apparently voiced by the same guy who did him in the TV series.

And so many great moments with Etrigan.

If you like the darker side of DC, and are not averse to cartoons, give it a go.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Not normally one to rant and rave over a bleedin cartoon, but this one takes the biscuit.

Ok, fair dos, i've read every single John Constatine comic, and i even enjoyed the TV series (yeah, sue me), but this was really well done.

All the characters were really well portrayed and John himself.... well, bleedin brilliant. Apparently voiced by the same guy who did him in the TV series.

And so many great moments with Etrigan.

If you like the darker side of DC, and are not averse to cartoons, give it a go.
    Wait, so is this a rant or a rave?
    Seems to me you just liked it.

Most of the DC animated stuff is excellent. It's a wonder the live action guys don't take a note.

Batman TAS. Still have fond memories. For the intended audience it was a very clever and at times dark cartoon. And that intro music...oh the music. Chilling.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Most of the DC animated stuff is excellent. It's a wonder the live action guys don't take a note.
    It's always seemed to me that DC sucks at live action and is godly at animated films and series and the Marvel is the exact opposite.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    It's always seemed to me that DC sucks at live action and is godly at animated films and series and the Marvel is the exact opposite.
    I wouldn't say they suck at live action TV series, some of them are decent. Just watched the Crisis on Earth-X crossover and it was ok... although far too stretched out.

In terms of live action TV i think DC and Marvel are fairly close, both ok, neither brilliant. In terms of films, Marvel are miles ahead of DC. However, in terms of animated shows, DC have it nailed down solid.

I wouldn't say they suck at live action TV series, some of them are decent. Just watched the Crisis on Earth-X crossover and it was ok... although far too stretched out.

In terms of live action TV i think DC and Marvel are fairly close, both ok, neither brilliant. In terms of films, Marvel are miles ahead of DC. However, in terms of animated shows, DC have it nailed down solid.
    Ah, I didn't think of live action TV series, actually, because I don't watch TV series.
    I was just talking about live action films vs. animated "stuff" in general (both films and series)

Yep; I do and can do.

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #9
    The DC animated movies are (For the most part) really well done. It's a shame the live action films have been lacking as of late. If you haven't seen it I recommend Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Originally Posted by Paul_Crowther View Post (Source)
    The DC animated movies are (For the most part) really well done. It's a shame the live action films have been lacking as of late. If you haven't seen it I recommend Batman: Under the Red Hood.
    Thanks for the reminder, i meant to take a look at that one.

Wonder Woman was good. It's funny, I just watched the animated Suicide Squad recently, if they'd done that in live action it would've kicked the crap outta the live action version they actually did.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Wonder Woman was good. It's funny, I just watched the animated Suicide Squad recently, if they'd done that in live action it would've kicked the crap outta the live action version they actually did.
    Yeah... best not to talk about the live action version.... it had potential, but fell short. Very short.

Movies were ranked here.

Of them all, Batman Year One is my pick.

Justice League Dark should really be more about the magic users, and Constantine could have headed it as protagonist, as we already have (too) many Bat-films. For some reason DC seems shy about using Constantine, who richly deserves a movie.

Originally Posted by Robin of Spiritwood View Post (Source)
    Justice League Dark should really be more about the magic users, and Constantine could have headed it as protagonist, as we already have (too) many Bat-films. For some reason DC seems shy about using Constantine, who richly deserves a movie.
    Can't blame them. He got a series and it was cancelled. There was already a Keanu movie, which I quite liked.