Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Python / Krait Setup costs...

If you want firepower, Espresso Love is not for you. The "problem" in this context is probably that both Python and Krait are multirole ships, and in my case my focus was on a low profile smuggling/passenger (including wanteds) vessel. She runs at 15% and ices over when landed (10%). No guns, armour or shields to speak of, so if anybody actually manages to target her, she's probably toast.

Still, I'm currently sitting ion the dock at New Groth and waiting for delivery of my Dolphin while doing some RL stuff. I need some Guardian materials for the shield booster, and the Krait is a b!tch to land near the structures, feels almost like a T-9 from the footprint.

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/256185134108246016/467679808982089728/image.png[IMG]
    The OP did specify minimal/no engineering.

I decided to go for the Krait, I've never liked the look of the Python.

So, having asked the original question I thought I'd give some feedback.

It's not running all the internals and optionals I'd like, I need to fly around and find them. I should state at this point I'm no battle expert, I think my fighting rank is competent. But Oh My Word! What a lovely ship! It handles very similar to a Cobra, almost as fast to turn, and kicks like a mule wearing very heavy boots. I've just hit a site where I would normally be in trouble after a couple of kills in the FAS, 6/7 kills with the Krait and I'm sitting there wondering if I could get away with making a cup of tea. I haven't equipped the fighter bay yet, I need to learn how they work.

I'm no veteran of this game, but ooo this is fun to fly. )

[EDIT] Cost so far, around 150m. But very worth it.

Chris Simon, why the "repair limpet controller"? Fighters for exploring the planet your on? Was thinking a bout a Krait for exploring and your build looks awesome and may I copy for mine?

Originally Posted by Lester O'nine View Post (Source)
    Chris Simon, why the "repair limpet controller"? Fighters for exploring the planet your on? Was thinking a bout a Krait for exploring and your build looks awesome and may I copy for mine?
    Probably because repair limpets can fix hull damage which AMFU can't.

Originally Posted by Lester O'nine View Post (Source)
    Sure.
    The repair limpets are important for numpties like me. I like canyon racing and generally I do dumb stuff on planets, so when I'm planning on going out for a longer period of time, being able to repair my hull is kind of important. I usually take repair limpets OR the fighter, though.

edit: ninja'd
    yeah. I'm clumsy. The addition of repair limpets made my exploration adventures MUCH easier.

Thanks aRJay and Chris Simon. As usual you two have answered my question(s)! Thanks.

You can equip the python for a half decent set up for about 80 mill and 70 for the krait, that's not fully a rated but is where it counts, unless you take your ship in to serious combat - haz rez, cz - you'll be fine. add about 40 mill more to fully a rate.
    Tip: you don't need a 7a powerplant (50 mill) a 6a will do fine

Originally Posted by El-bizor View Post (Source)
    You can equip the python for a half decent set up for about 80 mill and 70 for the krait, that's not fully a rated but is where it counts, unless you take your ship in to serious combat - haz rez, cz - you'll be fine. add about 40 mill more to fully a rate.
    Tip: you don't need a 7a powerplant (50 mill) a 6a will do fine
    That's one thing that always felt kind of strange, especially in multipurpose ships. They all seem to have overpowered PP and underpowered distributor. I'd much rather see it the other way around.
    That way they would be balancing the weaponry by total power available (read - it would take skill to balance your ship out).
    As it is now, they are "limiting" multis by distributor, which is just stupid. "Of course you can put these weapons on your ship" "What's that? Can you shoot them?" "Why, of course not."

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    That's one thing that always felt kind of strange, especially in multipurpose ships. They all seem to have overpowered PP and underpowered distributor. I'd much rather see it the other way around.
    That way they would be balancing the weaponry by total power available (read - it would take skill to balance your ship out).
    As it is now, they are "limiting" multis by distributor, which is just stupid. "Of course you can put these weapons on your ship" "What's that? Can you shoot them?" "Why, of course not."
    While I agree with you about the power plants I'm Not sure I follow your reasoning about the distributor. the krait and python both have a size 7 distributor, same as a gunship, cutter and type 10. Only the Corvette and anaconda have a bigger distributor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12