Thread: command exicution

command exicution

When i say navigation it goes to navigation but when i say contacts it goes to inventory. when i am about to land and request docking it reply's asking permission then the galaxy map screen comes on. I went over the keybinds but i cant see where the problem is. one more thing, when i say disengage fsf astra reply's disengaging fsd but it doesn't disengage. I would appreciate your help.

When you use a voice command for moving through ship menus, it's basically a macro. The trick is to not only get to the desired command but also program the "way back" to the default position.

For example:
    You're on the nav screen in the left panel. You say "Request docking" and the voice attack knows that it has to "Look left", "two tabs to the right", "click", "one down", "click".
    That will request docking. But it will also stay there, so the next time you request docking the program will go through those steps again, but instead of starting in the first tab and getting to the right place, it will start in the contacts tab where you last left it.
    So the solution is to add a string at the end of each macro that will return you back to some default position from which it can start again.
    So the right chain of commands would be: "Look left", "two tabs to the right", "click", "one down", "click" (that requests docking), "two tabs to the left" (that returns you to the first tab on the left panel).

As for the FSD problem - check the voice attack "disengage" command and see which key the program tries to use. Then bind this key to the FSD in game options.

Hi,

Commander Ishmair made an excellent profile in VA for this kind of direct menu commands:

https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=474.0

I’m assuming you’re using an HCS voicepack as you mention Astra which is one of their voice packs. If you’re using their Singularity profile then the latest profile update should always automatically go back to the starting position after each command has been completed.

Occasionally this still gets confused, for me this most often arises when I land on a planet and ask to deploy the SRV. The quickest and easiest way to avoid this, using the Singularity profile, is to use the command ‘reset systems,’ this will set the macro back to the beginning point.

You may want to check that you have the latest profiles using their website. Alternatively use Discord, details on their forums, to get this sorted out in real time.

Had this a few times - it gets confused.

Easiest way to rectify it Is to say "navigation" and then manually move it to the navigation panel if it isn't there already. After that, say "reset panels" and it should sort it out for you.

Hope this helps.

If the menu gets desynchronized just head to which ever menu is affected and say "system check". It will reset.

Originally Posted by Stabby_Dave View Post (Source)
    Had this a few times - it gets confused.

Easiest way to rectify it Is to say "navigation" and then manually move it to the navigation panel if it isn't there already. After that, say "reset panels" and it should sort it out for you.

Hope this helps.
    is there a way to "reset" the panels automatically without using an HCS Voicepack?? what does "reset panels" do? I am assuming you are using a voicepack?